Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SIMPSON MOVE TO CCS STILL ON...?

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:25 pm

Reports stating that there was no refusal from Jack Simpson to move to the Bluebirds; the matter is simply complicated by interest from Scottish Premiership club Glasgow Rangers

Sunday 24th January 2021

With his contract running out at the end of the season, Rangers it seems, want him to sign a pre-contract ready for next season

The player and his representatives are weighing up their options and he could still end up here with new manager Mick McCarthy

Personally, I'd like to see it :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SIMPSON MVE TO CCS STILL ON...?

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:28 pm

Football League World report...

"Bournemouth defender Jack Simpson was penned in for a medical at Cardiff at the start of the week after the clubs agreed a £750,000 fee, but it is understood the 24-year-old had a change of heart and turned the move down.

That’s not what WalesOnline believe, as they say that the parties are still in dialogue over a move, but things have been complicated due to the interest of Scottish giants Rangers.

It’s been reported that they want to bring Simpson to Ibrox in the summer on a pre-contract deal, and it may end up being a big tussle between both clubs for his signature."

Re: SIMPSON MVE TO CCS STILL ON...?

Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:05 am

Then I take back my earlier post,saying if he didnt want to come,we move on! Pity its put out before conclusion in my eyes,then we could just welcome players when deal is done? Anyway,perhaps he will come till end of season,then join rangers?? Hope not,as we will just be giving him game time, and keeping him fit for them.time will tell.

Re: SIMPSON MOVE TO CCS STILL ON...?

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:18 am

Chris, it’s still on and now we’ve got MM could sway it our way?

He’s more likely to play for us regular than Rangers and that’s going to be on his mind be just like being in the bench at Bournemouth otherwise!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:35 am

Maybe it’s because Mick was a top notch central defender. Who better to be influenced by.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:38 am

He has already signed a pre contract with Rangers.

Possible loan till end of season To us

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:54 am

If there is a chance of him coming then it will be because of Big Mick, he certainly was not coming here with Harris here.
But deep down, I would be shocked if he came now as we look a club in trouble.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:07 am

thomasblue wrote:He has already signed a pre contract with Rangers.

Thomas where are you reading this, do you honestly think that Bournemouth are going to be happy losing £750k.
Bournemouth cannot stop him signing said contract, but they can decide whether he plays or not
Bournemouth will want money and will be tamping, so if he is going to sign a pre season contract then Bournemouth could just tell him if he does that then he will not play for the rest of the season, and he cannot do anything about that.
Rangers trying to get him on the cheap, they don't need him till next season, wheras we want him now.
Money talks!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:38 am

Igovernor wrote:

Thomas where are you reading this, do you honestly think that Bournemouth are going to be happy losing £750k.
Bournemouth cannot stop him signing said contract, but they can decide whether he plays or not
Bournemouth will want money and will be tamping, so if he is going to sign a pre season contract then Bournemouth could just tell him if he does that then he will not play for the rest of the season, and he cannot do anything about that.
Rangers trying to get him on the cheap, they don't need him till next season, wheras we want him now.
Money talks!

Roger I think as he has been at Bournemouth from a young age Rangers have got to pay a fee. Probably less than what’ve offered? If I was him I’d be thinking I want to play and which club can give me that more!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:07 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Money talks!

Roger I think as he has been at Bournemouth from a young age Rangers have got to pay a fee. Probably less than what’ve offered? If I was him I’d be thinking I want to play and which club can give me that more!

Cheers Karl, be interesting to see what happens :thumbup:

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 am

Igovernor wrote:

Money talks!

Yeah exactly money talks. If he has signed a pre contract then they might want shot of him on loan. Saves them paying his wages.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:14 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Money talks!

He may well look at the premier league defender who didn’t play and think I’ll stay here or wait until the summer.

Risky game really. Who knows where the football world will be in august.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:34 am

Igovernor wrote:

Money talks!

The player can talk to whoever he wants and sign for whoever he wants regardless of them wanting money. Bournemouth can't do a thing about it no matter how upset they are. The best they can hope for is a possible loan fee this season and compensation for developing him.

I've heard off a few sources and it's started to come out now in the media

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... e-23373886

A short look online and you will see multiple reports

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:52 am

I’d rather spend the money on a midfielder,Mick knows all about that position and if he can work a bit of magic on them (Morrisson Nelson Flint with back up Bennett) who knows.
But let’s see.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:03 am

So Simpson is a RENAGER then :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:06 am

theclaw wrote:I’d rather spend the money on a midfielder,Mick knows all about that position and if he can work a bit of magic on them (Morrisson Nelson Flint with back up Bennett) who knows.
But let’s see.

Exactly and we can get Brown back on the 1st of February, how many Centre backs sitting in the stand do we need? Midfield is our main problem at present!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:31 am

As anyone thought why would we want to sign a player that’s hardly played at 24 years old? No from me, move on...Bournemouth are shifting him out for a reason, think we have dodged a bullet here.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:08 pm

Looks Off .