Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “I hope he is not slated”

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Let’s not get to far ahead of ourselves. When Harris went on a run last year and got us in the playoffs, nearly all said he was the man. Let’s see where we finish. Also if we got promoted is MM the man to keep us there. When we got promoted with Warnock in hindsight we should have let him go. Warnock was not up to the premiership. Fulham away is still a bad memory- I still believe if we had a more positive approach and won , Brighton would have got relegated.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Absolutely spot on Annis, couldn't have put it better myself :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
maccydee wrote:Great start from Mick. Solid with a sprinkling of flair in Wilson and Murphy (Ojo) that means suddenly we look like we have goals in us.

Malky was a yes man though. Until the texts and he started briefing the press against Tan which split the club. Of course Tan had his share of the blame too. But he signed/allowed/supported the signing of Velikonja and said nothing about the red while it suited him.

Warnock was definitely not a yes man.

Mate, yes man, explain?

Velikonja signing. It was said he wasn’t his signing yet at the time said I have watched him and was interested on him at Watford.

Never once said anything about the red.

He is a much of a yes man as Harris, Slade or others who have been our manager. I’m not the one who accuses people of being yes men. As employees they should be. However it can’t be said he wasn’t.

Warnock though certainly wasn’t. He was someone who would happily rock the boat if he felt it was needed.

:laughing6: :laughing6:

What the f**k would the colour of the shirt mean to a manager who had no connection to our club before he came?
A manager comes to manage a team not the colour of the kit :laughing6: :laughing6:
Mate your really clutching at straws to prove your point :laughing6:

Not at all. He even said it was good for the infrastructure of the club.

How is anyone a yes man if not the above?

I think they should be yes men in public.

You are the clown of the forum :laughing6:
Managers are responsible for the colour of our kit :laughing6: not manage the team :laughing6:

Call me a clown then come out with that pish? What did you even mean?

My point is. Malky supported the rebrand as it would improve the finances of the club and make his job easier.

(That makes him a yes man when it is stated often he was not.

I am taking part in a debate prick.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:11 pm

I know for a fact that when Harris got rid of Patterson the players downed tools. Even looking back over players social media the comments they were making were fully in support of Patterson who was devastated to leave and told he wasn’t wanted. Players know better than anybody what other players bring to the club and they all knew that Patterson put a great shift in and contribute is this fair share of goals.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:13 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Agree. Let me firstly say well done Mick McCarthy and Terry Connor.

I'll admit to not being a fan of MM when he was appointed, and I still need convincing he is a long term solution, however, he has done a spectacular job in the few weeks he's been here.

If he is the MM of old, he will tell the board to butt out and let him get on with the job. With just a 3 month contract though, I'm not sure he's in a position where he wants to do that, and will just agree to the boards requests.

A longer contract however will give him a project, and, the board AND COMMITTEE must leave him be to get on with it.

The last few weeks have been the most enjoyable. Yes because we are winning, but we are playing better football, a different system, have the ability to change formation, the players are happy and there is genuine hope.

I think most if not all true fans on here have said at some point, we will accept losing as long as there has been effort and desire, we have competed, and have pushed the opposition to their max capabilities. I think this is becoming a pre-requisite under MM.

Like you Annis, I always said I would support McCarthy short term, and anything that is achieved by the club this year, whether it simply be avoiding relegation, or being in sight of the play offs, will be a credit to him and TC, and will be achieved in spite of the board.

So the board who employed MM Deserve no credit at all then? And you do realise the "committe" includes the manager right? Not having a pop,just to say credit where its due,and that includes them this time.

I understand your reasoning and I did think of this when writing.

Everyone on here knows my thoughts on the board, and I do think of myself as being fair and honest. Am not convinced the board should take credit.

The more managers you appoint over time, then you are gonna strike lucky at some point. Also, on what basis was McCarthy appointed? Possibly cheap, out of work, wpuld do the owners bidding, agree to work with no money, play the kids.

If the appointment was made with the latter, then we could easily have crashed and burned without trace. So I believe the board have struck lucky, rather than made a decisive commitment to benefit the club long term.

Don't get me wrong you have a valid point and opinion, I just sit on the other side of the fence which I accept are borne out of my feelings towards the board. I would give them credit striking lucky and appointing quickly.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I know for a fact that when Harris got rid of Patterson the players downed tools. Even looking back over players social media the comments they were making were fully in support of Patterson who was devastated to leave and told he wasn’t wanted. Players know better than anybody what other players bring to the club and they all knew that Patterson put a great shift in and contribute is this fair share of goals.

Didnt realise it was harris who decided paterson wasnt wanted!!

Bit dissapointed the players"downed tools" though,as they have a responsibility to the club,and fans they represent.but guess this was their way of getting him out,so is partially acceptable I suppose? Could of gone tits up though,and cost us our place in the championship. Phew!!

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Sorry to sound like a stuck record but its the owners and the board that spoil our club , Malky and Warnock were great managers and treated terrible by Tann, all managers buy bad and make mistakes but they bought really well too.

They brought us good times poor Malky even had to do all that when we were turned into red that showed the lack of thought Tan had or his committee as if he had anyone with any sense they would have advised DONT DO IT.

However with all that Malky made things good and we all sang his name that was Malky's downfall he would have kept us up but Tan got rid of him in the most embarrassing way we were the laughing stock of the football leagues.

Warnock did well with us too and I can go on what he did for our club and I really believe Mick would do well for us but while that bunch Tan, Dalman and co are still at our club we will never see real big success as they will screw it up

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:30 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Sorry to sound like a stuck record but its the owners and the board that spoil our club , Malky and Warnock were great managers and treated terrible by Tann, all managers buy bad and make mistakes but they bought really well too.

They brought us good times poor Malky even had to do all that when we were turned into red that showed the lack of thought Tan had or his committee as if he had anyone with any sense they would have advised DONT DO IT.

However with all that Malky made things good and we all sang his name that was Malky's downfall he would have kept us up but Tan got rid of him in the most embarrassing way we were the laughing stock of the football leagues.

Warnock did well with us too and I can go on what he did for our club and I really believe Mick would do well for us but while that bunch Tan, Dalman and co are still at our club we will never see real big success as they will screw it up

So much truth in what you’ve just said :bluebird:

I met Malky at least 15 times.

I was at the private meeting of 30 of us with Malky and I had ago at him about the Red and not once did endorse it, he said “I am asking you hear to back the team and out the rebrand aside, I just want my players supported , I am nothing to do with the politics of the club.”

As to our Committee I was at all their meetings and they threatened us with Red or Dead :evil:
Only 3 of us out of 11 stood strong and said we will keep our identity and be Proud and we will always survive even if relegated twice which your threatening us with. But sadly we were the minority.

Then the Red Brigade started turning up bullying fellow fans at meetings, that broke me that :cry:

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I know for a fact that when Harris got rid of Patterson the players downed tools. Even looking back over players social media the comments they were making were fully in support of Patterson who was devastated to leave and told he wasn’t wanted. Players know better than anybody what other players bring to the club and they all knew that Patterson put a great shift in and contribute is this fair share of goals.

Mate I think Patterson would have thrived under Mick. His type of player. I also think Patterson would have done really well right wing back.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 pm

maccydee wrote:

Mate I think Patterson would have thrived under Mick. His type of player. I also think Patterson would have done really well right wing back.

Correct, this what many dont seem to realise Patterson was not a striker.

Big Mick would of loved him :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Absolutely spot on Annis, couldn't have put it better myself :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cheers Ned, only being honest about it all :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:47 pm

What I like besides the results is that Big Mick is honest about the performances where as Harris treated the fans like fools by trying to say we played well etc etc when we could all see that we hadn’t ...the Millwall game being a good example ...did nothing for 75 mins and then played well for last 15mins.
Harris was a PR man as much as anything and I didn’t believe a word he said in the end where as MM Judy says it as it is.
Quite simply, he has saved us from possibly going down and injected some excitement into our season so whatever happens, we owe him ...

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Ninian27 wrote:I wont slate either Malky or Warnock, us fans craved for success and they delivered, no one else has in 50 years, good luck to McCarthy :bluebird: :bluebird:

Spot On :thumbup:

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Because we have not brand or style, we need mangers like MM or NW, managers who get the job done. Deffo deserves a 1 or 2 year deal, like others have said hes take 2 clubs up and had some good success at Ireland

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:38 pm

Grandstand wrote:Let’s not get to far ahead of ourselves. When Harris went on a run last year and got us in the playoffs, nearly all said he was the man. Let’s see where we finish. Also if we got promoted is MM the man to keep us there. When we got promoted with Warnock in hindsight we should have let him go. Warnock was not up to the premiership. Fulham away is still a bad memory- I still believe if we had a more positive approach and won , Brighton would have got relegated.

we had the most points for pounds spent that season and made a fist of staying up when everyone had written us off before a ball had been kicked... should MM take us up....? he would also be underfunded , we would once again be bookies favs to go down...every pundit would predict as much { how few points wud we get even } ..and half way through the season youd once again have some fans thinking we are under achieving...

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 pm

Grandstand wrote:Let’s not get to far ahead of ourselves. When Harris went on a run last year and got us in the playoffs, nearly all said he was the man. Let’s see where we finish. Also if we got promoted is MM the man to keep us there. When we got promoted with Warnock in hindsight we should have let him go. Warnock was not up to the premiership. Fulham away is still a bad memory- I still believe if we had a more positive approach and won , Brighton would have got relegated.

No way could we let Warnock go when he took us up. What a bonkers post.

We made more of a fist of it this time with a lot less money spent relative to others.