Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: " £15MILLION CARDIFF CAN HAVE HIM FOR "

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:59 pm

montyblue wrote:BlueSince 62

Is this the last season of parachute payments
I would hope we tried to buy a proven player rather than let him go
Norwich bournmouth retained most of there team thats why they are where they are
If we get shot of wilson ojo who takes there place someone better on loan
? when are we going to start our rebuild or is it just a case of survival football wolves and leeds villa have moved on granted they had a lot more finances to play with and i am not suggesting we go down the rd of spend spend but surely we have to start and securing wilson and keeping moore for next season is surely minimum

I would like exactly the same Monty, but unless we go up,would he stay? Would we be willing to splash £15m in the championship? I cant see it myself,especially after the last year! Agree 100% we need to re build, and sooner rather than later,but i believe we could maybe get ojo, and Moore's case is a tricky one too,if he keeps knocking em in,would the club resist selling him if a decent offer came in? I certainly hope so,but am not completely confident we would.
But I am not against signing wilson at all,just not overly confident we will.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 pm

What a steal. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:40 pm

brynleybridle wrote:What a steal. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Well whether you believe we’d pay or whether you believe he’s worth 15million ... it’s definitely not a steal

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:45 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Well whether you believe we’d pay or whether you believe he’s worth 15million ... it’s definitely not a steal

sounds a lot.... but if we are ever going to be promoted and actually want to give staying up a real go , its the sort of figure the club needs to start getting used to....

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

sounds a lot.... but if we are ever going to be promoted and actually want to give staying up a real go , its the sort of figure the club needs to start getting used to....

Yeah I agree. This and keeping our best players instead of selling them.

But my point is ‘a steal’ sounds like it’s cheap or really good value and 15mill for this player definitely isn’t a steal IMO.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:55 pm

I would love us to sign Wilson permanently, he's still only 23 and has that quality about him. In a way, I think he could be a good investment as he has a lot of years left in him, can make the step up and is quality on set pieces which is an important part of our game. Plus him and Kieffer have a great understanding which sells the idea to me even more not only from a city point of view but Welsh as well. Admittedly £15m is a high price to pay, but if we could get him for £10-£12m then I think it would be worth pursuing. Not got my welsh tinted specs on either, he's a top young player in this division and that's around the price they go for. He did the business at Derby, also does it for Wales, and his best years are all ahead of him so I can't see his value dropping dramatically. As a side point, signing players of this quality will attract other players as well.

I think the chances of this happening are little to none but would still love to see it. Simple fact is that we just don't spend this type of money on players anymore, especially in the championship.