Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ JOE BENNETT “

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm

This Saturday Joe Bennett make his 350 career appearance.

CARDIFF CITY FC:

Friday 19th February 2021

JOE BENNETT:

“The Gaffer and TC have come in and done an unbelievable job,” said Joe. “We’re unbeaten in six, and have won four on the trot against difficult opposition. The games have all been really tough, not one of them has been easy.

“The Gaffer has said that we’re going to have to scrap to start with, be resolute and defend well. Obviously, you can build a base from there if you’re solid at the back and not conceding, and then go on and win games.

“It’s going to be a tough game on the weekend against Preston, but hopefully we can get another win on the board and get into that pack with the top six.”

Bennett has excelled in a more advanced wing-back position of late, which enabled him to net his first goal of the campaign against Rotherham United.

“I actually came as a wing back when I first signed for the club. It’s nice to get a little bit further up the pitch, and to try and help the forward lads.”

On his header against the Millers, he explained: “I’d not scored for a while before Rotherham, but it was nice to get a goal and contribute. It was a great pick-out by Josh (Murphy), and I just made the run hoping he would find me.”

If he steps out at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday, Joe will be making his 350th career appearance. The City defender spoke proudly about achieving a significant career milestone.

“It’s a good little tally, and hopefully I can add a few more to that. I’m 30 years old, so hopefully I’ve got a bit more time left!

“I’ve enjoyed every minute whilst I’ve been here. I’ve played around 160 games for the club, and hopefully there will be more to come. The squad is so friendly, the lads are great, and it’s probably the best dressing room that I’ve been in.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ JOE BENNETT “

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Could be playing in the Prem with Fulham.Nice attitude that he stayed with the Bluebirds.