Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff / Swansea Bubble Games “

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:23 pm

29 years ago last night - it was a Welsh Cup clash - the last time Cardiff would travel to Swansea without bubble restrictions. & Chris Pike’s goal was hand ball.....

It’s the longest in Uk history that a Derby game is still a bubble game and away fans can not make their own way to the matches.

And the clubs are actually 48miles apart.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1LUBIdwfc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Since the last time Cardiff / Swansea “

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:27 pm

Never fails to amaze me.
West Ham v Millwall
Birmingham v Villa
WBA v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Forest v Derby
Rangers v Celtic
Hibs v Hearts
The list goes on. There’s been problems with our derby but surely not more than the majority of these?!

Re: “ Cardiff / Swansea Bubble Games “

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:35 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4imnyy :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Never fails to amaze me.
West Ham v Millwall
Birmingham v Villa
WBA v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Forest v Derby
Rangers v Celtic
Hibs v Hearts
The list goes on. There’s been problems with our derby but surely not more than the majority of these?!

Andrew,

I’m with you West Ham v Millwall is real evil I’ve been to it and yet NO bubble at all.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
West Ham v Millwall
Birmingham v Villa
WBA v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Forest v Derby
Rangers v Celtic
Hibs v Hearts

Andrew,

I’m with you West Ham v Millwall is real evil I’ve been to it and yet NO bubble at all.

Can you restrict fans from two clubs in same city few miles miles apart? Suspect have fans living in both areas crisscrossing to go to game..... city swans much bigger
Gap so very few fans in opposition areas.. in other words you can have bubble for west ham but cannot stop fans using public transport like you can city/swans fans

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:34 pm

I remember and went on the first ever bubble trip, 95/96 season I think it was, was mental I thought this won't carry on for long, how wrong was I haha

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:47 pm

I remember going to the first league game at the vetch for a while around 1979? To shack was player manager. We drew 2-2 and just before ko a few Rhondda boys got onto the North bank. Mental.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Went on first bubble.. kept us in Baglan for hours, never went again

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:41 pm

When I was at University I worked pt in a West Ham pub.
The locals took me to the old Den for the derby,no tickets, pay on the gate etc etc,nobody wore colours and it was like World War three.
1990 I think it was.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:18 am

Imagine a Cardiff and Swansea game 3pm on a Saturday without restrictions :shock: think swp would have a shift on their hands.

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:22 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
West Ham v Millwall
Birmingham v Villa
WBA v Wolves
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Forest v Derby
Rangers v Celtic
Hibs v Hearts

Andrew,

Can you restrict fans from two clubs in same city few miles miles apart? Suspect have fans living in both areas crisscrossing to go to game..... city swans much bigger
Gap so very few fans in opposition areas.. in other words you can have bubble for west ham but cannot stop fans using public transport like you can city/swans fans

Yes they’ve fine it, you just make it all ticket and the away fans have to go to their home ground first and get in coaches their and receive their tickets on them, easy :thumbright:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I remember going to the first league game at the vetch for a while around 1979? To shack was player manager. We drew 2-2 and just before ko a few Rhondda boys got onto the North bank. Mental.

Couldn’t have been 79. You’re probably thinking of New Year’s Day 1980 when it was mental all over the place, 2 city fans ran onto pitch pre kick off and kicked over some plastic swans on the pitch but we bleeding lost 2-1 to a very late David Giles goal :banghead: .

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Ccfc-Shane wrote:Imagine a Cardiff and Swansea game 3pm on a Saturday without restrictions :shock: think swp would have a shift on their hands.

dont have to imagine because thats how it was... and in all honesty nowhere near as bad as is made out.... they used to arrive 2.30 ish and apart from the game where Ricky Wright decided to put them in the main stand { possibly for financial reasons } there wasnt much trouble... us down there...we would arrive at opening time ,go where ever we wished and not see a jack until in the ground..

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Danny Says wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I remember going to the first league game at the vetch for a while around 1979? To shack was player manager. We drew 2-2 and just before ko a few Rhondda boys got onto the North bank. Mental.

Couldn’t have been 79. You’re probably thinking of New Year’s Day 1980 when it was mental all over the place, 2 city fans ran onto pitch pre kick off and kicked over some plastic swans on the pitch but we bleeding lost 2-1 to a very late David Giles goal :banghead: .

Yes that’s the one. :old: