Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy / Preston boss Alex Nei

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:22 am

What have the managers said:

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"When you're winning games, your life is normal. You can have a chat with your wife on the phone, you can see your grandkids, if you can.

"Nothing is nipping at me, it's like a normal life again, you can enjoy it.

"When you're losing, the difference is ridiculous. The point I'm trying to make is, when we've had these results, I'm not walking around with a big grin on my face the whole time, like I've got a coat-hanger in my mouth and everyone knows we're winning games.

"But, equally, when you're losing games you've got to have some consistency in your personality. You can't just go up winning games and down when you're losing them.

"I have found, over the years, I've been able to manage that better. I'm enjoying the performances, I'm enjoying the results and then you enjoy the fruits of those labours by feeling better. By not feeling depressed and morose, angry or upset. I prefer the happy Mick McCarthy, that's for sure."

Preston boss Alex Neil:

"Mick has gone in and whatever the issues seemed to be, they seem to have been resolved.

“They are on a good run of form. They have changed in terms of how they play – they have been direct in their style in terms of getting the ball forward, but it has worked for them and they have been very productive in terms of their points tally recently.

“The squad has shown over the last couple of seasons they have got good quality, in getting out of the league and then getting to the play-offs last season and it is hard to say why they didn’t start this season well, because Neil [Harris] had a good impact when he first went in and Mick is having a good impact now.

“Not being there and not seeing what has gone on, it is difficult to know why it didn’t go as well as last year, but equally, the squad has already shown on different occasions previously that it is capable of delivering at this level.

“They are always difficult games against Mick’s teams. We faced his Ipswich Town in the play-offs when I was at Norwich and we just managed to beat them, but if they manage to make the Play-Offs this season, they aren’t a team you want to be facing.

“Mick has been in this league for years and he knows how to get the job done. He has turned around Cardiff’s fortunes and they are now looking to get into the top six, but equally, we need to try and get some more points on the board as well. It is going to be an important game for both teams.

“They are riding high and will be confident, but some of our best performances have been on the road this year in terms of going and getting good results against difficult opponents.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy / Preston boss Alex N

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:24 am

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy / Preston boss Alex N

Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 am

MM..."Walking around with a coat hanger in my mouth".

:lol:

Can always turn it upside-down should we ever lose again.

:bluebird: :D