Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McCarthy - a few young players have caught the eye

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:51 pm

McCarthy - a few young players have caught the eye

Here is what the manager has penned in his programme nores...

MICK McCARTHY:

"I'd like to finish by mentioning Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill who signed new contracts with the club last weekend.

"They've both earned their places in the squad and I'm delighted that we've secured their futures here.

"There have been quite a few young players who have impressed TC and me, but those two have caught the eye in training especially.

"We all love to see academy players come through and I hope those two are the first of many."

Mick McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: McCarthy - a few young players have caught the eye

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:McCarthy - a few young players have caught the eye

Here is what the manager has penned in his programme nores...

MICK McCARTHY:

"I'd like to finish by mentioning Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill who signed new contracts with the club last weekend.

"They've both earned their places in the squad and I'm delighted that we've secured their futures here.

"There have been quite a few young players who have impressed TC and me, but those two have caught the eye in training especially.

"We all love to see academy players come through and I hope those two are the first of many."

Mick McCarthy

Its fantastic Annis, Big Mick has kept us up very comfortably, that was the first objectiveand he's rejuvenated the squad most notably Murphy and Pack, its wonderful to see a crop of youngsters in the squad and starting to creep on to the pitch for experience. The 1st team squad is littered with decent Welsh players too albeit aside from Mark Harris, none homegrown. Can enjoy the last 16 games or so, looking at the top teams dropping points, and who knows, a team with momentum are dangerous. Loving it again