Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy: ‘When I came in, I looked at the squad and th

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:33 pm

Mick McCarthy:

‘When I came in, I looked at the squad and thought we can get a tune out of these guys. I said to the lads, it’s not me and TC that’s the silver bullet, it’s them. They’ve done all the hard work and put real graft in. I’ve been delighted and the credit goes to them.’
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mick McCarthy: ‘When I came in, I looked at the squad an

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:39 pm

Big Mick has been incredible, not just the results , but the football every game has improved and we are attacking from the first second, not like Harris conceding and players having no confidence :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 pm

Clearly the players (who remain) have bought in the the McCarthy method and he needs to accept credit where it's due' but equally so do the players who have 'found' themselves again quickly after the Dark Ages of Harris N :clap:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:55 pm

There was a moment in the first half when Nelson over hit a diagonal pass to Murphy who then put his arms up in disappointment. You then heard MM shout “Josh put your arms down!”
Great management :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:13 pm

It goes to show how much a team needs an effective manager to man-manage and bring the whole team together. Under NH, I was beginning to doubt the talent in the squad in terms of just how good they were but suspected that we should be a top 6 side. MM has proved to me that we do have the talent, it just needed to be managed.

No doubt we will have our slides in form and bad days but I think MM and TC have shown that we can look forward to our football again and in a way has kick-started our campaign in short order.