Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournament

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournament

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:05 am

Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournament this summer with Government ministers having drawn up plans to allow more than 4,000 fans back into football grounds, according to reports. (Mail on Sunday)
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 131846
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournament

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby Sven » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Why not? Makes perfect sense in the current climate and the UK has the stadia/infrastructure to carry it off...

Just a shame we wouldn't be able to use the MillStad thanks to Draconian Drakeford's short-sightedness and Vaughan Gethin's upwardly mobile career-defending trajectory :(
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 19867
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 am

This will only go ahead if Hancock can find a special jab to give the England team before taking pens ;)
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20589
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby skidemin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:20 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:This will only go ahead if Hancock can find a special jab to give the England team before taking pens ;)




Hancock has already poured cold water over the idea...
skidemin
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:48 am

Sven wrote:Why not? Makes perfect sense in the current climate and the UK has the stadia/infrastructure to carry it off...

Just a shame we wouldn't be able to use the MillStad thanks to Draconian Drakeford's short-sightedness and Vaughan Gethin's upwardly mobile career-defending trajectory :(


But thankfully the MillStad is not the only stadium in Cardiff. There is no reason why CCS couldn't host games. :thumbup:
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 14089
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:40 pm

None of this makes any sense at all. Schools shut, Pubs shut, Gyms shut, hairdressers shut, people can’t go to work, people losing their businesses, locked in our homes, can’t travel, can’t visit family, all because they say it’s to dangerous for us.

But football is still allowed, TV personalities can all have their hair cut and now they say we can host the Euros with four thousand fans in the stadium. Goes to show it’s all bullshit it’s safe if it’s making big amounts of money and to make sure the only ones getting restricted are the ones at the bottom of the food chain.
Is this about a deadly so called pandemic or not ? It’s time people look at what is happening rationally and see it for what it is.
This photo says a lot about the BS of it all.
23CC21D7-E56A-48E6-A4D4-FD9E77875D3F.jpeg
23CC21D7-E56A-48E6-A4D4-FD9E77875D3F.jpeg (164.17 KiB) Viewed 750 times
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 23105
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby skidemin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:None of this makes any sense at all. Schools shut, Pubs shut, Gyms shut, hairdressers shut, people can’t go to work, people losing their businesses, locked in our homes, can’t travel, can’t visit family, all because they say it’s to dangerous for us.

But football is still allowed, TV personalities can all have their hair cut and now they say we can host the Euros with four thousand fans in the stadium. Goes to show it’s all bullshit it’s safe if it’s making big amounts of money and to make sure the only ones getting restricted are the ones at the bottom of the food chain.
Is this about a deadly so called pandemic or not ? It’s time people look at what is happening rationally and see it for what it is.
This photo says a lot about the BS of it all.
23CC21D7-E56A-48E6-A4D4-FD9E77875D3F.jpeg



the pictures make a fantastic point mate..... but for some reason people look but do not see...
skidemin
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby epping blue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:19 pm

I'm now thinking this will run in the original format. Some games with limited fans, some behind closed doors. Some with travelling fans, some without. UEFA wont want to carry this forward to another year and will want to get it out of the way once and for all. Rates are falling generally and the vaccine has yet to take effect in most countries. Getting to and from Baku looks really difficult though.
epping blue
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Britain is offering to host the entire Euro 2020 tournam

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:12 am

skidemin wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:This will only go ahead if Hancock can find a special jab to give the England team before taking pens ;)




Hancock has already poured cold water over the idea...


Pity that as if their was a contract up for it - Matty would have given it to 1 of his many mates :o
Never mind ...As they say " Every Dog has his Day " ;) ;)
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20589
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AfricanBluebird, Big Hill Blue, bluebirdoct1962, Clusterman, GENERAL CHAT, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jock, Majestic-12 [Bot], mugsy, nick_strin, nubbsy, Pencoed, Tony Blue Williams, zapo and 242 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.