Teams outside the top six

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Teams outside the top six

Postby Grandstand » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Barnsley with 1 game in hand, seem in a good place and have an easier run in. Boro also will be a threat.
Grandstand
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Teams outside the top six

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby skidemin » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 pm

just looked and their run in does look easier doesnt it ?

i thought beat Bournemouth and its then in our hands but we would need Barnsley to drop points as well...
skidemin
 
Posts: 4790
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:40 pm

I think it’s more than possible that both Bournemouth and Reading may slip out of the top six
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 am

There still are a few teams in with a shout - Loads of points still to play for :bluebird:
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20646
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 am

I think Bournemouth are the target for the chasing pack. I honestly can't see Reading dropping out of the top six - whenever I've seen them on Sky, they've looked very good.

Everyone will drop points between now and the end of the season.

Barnsley have a good run-in but they also had a fairly lengthy run in the FA Cup and that could catch up with them by the end of the season in terms of tiredness. Like us recently, they tend to select mostly the same starting eleven.

The big test for us is these next three games.

Bournemouth and Middlesbrough will both be tough games. Derby have been rejuvenated recently.


If we are still within three points of the top six after these three, we will have done very well.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 15317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby kimble » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:39 am

Haven t Reading lost their last 3 home games Ned?
kimble
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 am

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby skidemin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:37 am

kimble wrote:Haven t Reading lost their last 3 home games Ned?



your correct mate...and they havent won in February...
infact they had a flying start over the first 2 months but been going slowly but surely backwards ever since and if the league was based on the 22 games since the end of october we would be 10 points above them despite having that run of defeats ourselves
skidemin
 
Posts: 4790
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:42 pm

kimble wrote:Haven t Reading lost their last 3 home games Ned?


As I said, everyone will drop points. They had a big gap over 7th as well.

I think they'll find form again and stay around where they are.

Look at Brentford, they've lost their last few games but I'm sure they'll pick up again as well.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 15317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Personally,if we get results at bournemouth & boro,I think we could well nick 5th place!! Remember forest cocking it up last year??

Come on the mighty bloobirds!!CCFC.
bluesince62
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby Bluebina » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm

QPR are flying too they've just beat Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford............

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.a ... e=england2
Bluebina
 
Posts: 11641
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby Bluebina » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Personally,if we get results at bournemouth & boro,I think we could well nick 5th place!! Remember forest cocking it up last year??

Come on the mighty bloobirds!!CCFC.


Bournemouth and Boro 14th and 15thon recent form :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:


https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.a ... e=england2
Bluebina
 
Posts: 11641
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:47 pm

skidemin wrote:just looked and their run in does look easier doesnt it ?

i thought beat Bournemouth and its then in our hands but we would need Barnsley to drop points as well...


The plus point with this league is easy games on paper doesn’t always reflect reality. The way we are going I don’t fear anyone but the next 2 are big games and taking a point a piece would be no disaster. However, I think we are capable of at least 1 win and a draw. Fair play to MM it has turned out to be a gem of a signing (regardless of who we have to thank) but whatever he’s done to the squad is working, and he is getting the best out the players.

Putting a difference of opinion aside on other threads the beauty of the championship is there are no easy games and we are in form. Bodes well at the minute.
Mr Potato
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby skidemin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:just looked and their run in does look easier doesnt it ?

i thought beat Bournemouth and its then in our hands but we would need Barnsley to drop points as well...


The plus point with this league is easy games on paper doesn’t always reflect reality. The way we are going I don’t fear anyone but the next 2 are big games and taking a point a piece would be no disaster. However, I think we are capable of at least 1 win and a draw. Fair play to MM it has turned out to be a gem of a signing (regardless of who we have to thank) but whatever he’s done to the squad is working, and he is getting the best out the players.

Putting a difference of opinion aside on other threads the beauty of the championship is there are no easy games and we are in form. Bodes well at the minute.



im of the same opinion regarding not fearing anyone mate and have my fingers crossed
i think the next 2 will give us a better idea of where we are though.. 2 tough games and a hell of a lot of travelling.. and agree 2 points wouldnt be the end of the world or even 1 win 1 defeat ..
skidemin
 
Posts: 4790
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Teams outside the top six

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:just looked and their run in does look easier doesnt it ?

i thought beat Bournemouth and its then in our hands but we would need Barnsley to drop points as well...


The plus point with this league is easy games on paper doesn’t always reflect reality. The way we are going I don’t fear anyone but the next 2 are big games and taking a point a piece would be no disaster. However, I think we are capable of at least 1 win and a draw. Fair play to MM it has turned out to be a gem of a signing (regardless of who we have to thank) but whatever he’s done to the squad is working, and he is getting the best out the players.

Putting a difference of opinion aside on other threads the beauty of the championship is there are no easy games and we are in form. Bodes well at the minute.



im of the same opinion regarding not fearing anyone mate and have my fingers crossed
i think the next 2 will give us a better idea of where we are though.. 2 tough games and a hell of a lot of travelling.. and agree 2 points wouldnt be the end of the world or even 1 win 1 defeat ..


We will lose at some point but I genuinely believe we will win at least one of these although weirdly 2 draws might suit us better over 1 win one loss.
Mr Potato
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DEANO, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], kimble, Nickoblue23, OriginalGrangeEndBlue, Ponty Bluebird and 283 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.