Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big Mick on Robert Glatzel: ‘I was more than happy to play

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Big Mick on Robert Glatzel: ‘I was more than happy to play Mark Harris instead or involve Rubin Colwill. I’m glad he’s gone out there and he’s scoring. It’s good for him and good for the club in terms of his value. For next season, I don’t know what I’m doing yet, so it doesn’t bother me.’
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Big Mick on Robert Glatzel: ‘I was more than happy to pl

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Big Mick on Robert Glatzel: ‘I was more than happy to play Mark Harris instead or involve Rubin Colwill. I’m glad he’s gone out there and he’s scoring. It’s good for him and good for the club in terms of his value. For next season, I don’t know what I’m doing yet, so it doesn’t bother me.’

For me,glatzel was a square peg in a round hole here with us,but no way would I rate either Harris and especially colwill as better players!! Hes played under 45 mins fir mainz to date,and has one goal to his name,hopefully he can get a few more,and we can recuperate some money for him? Good luck to the lad I say.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:45 pm

I liked glatzel but I could understand why people didn’t, he clearly had something but wasn’t consistent, it’s about opinions, but I’d love to have seen glatzel under MM. He’s clearly got our players playing to their strengths and I just wonder what impact on glatzel he’d have had. May have settled some arguments but it’s not to be.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:41 pm

Sounds like Mick McCarthy not a Glatzel fan...? :shock:

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:06 am

Sven wrote:Sounds like Mick McCarthy not a Glatzel fan...? :shock:

It seems that way Chris, a strange one, but hope he does ok at mainz, one goal in 43 mins of play so far :thumbup: perhaps if he gets a few more and helps them stay in the top division, they may want to buy him. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:43 am

But when you look at Glatzel's (well taken) goal, I just can't recall us scoring a similar type. I do not know a thing about German football but it is different. A lot of high profile German imports have failed to live up to their international reputation but are very good footballers.

I reckon in a system with 2 or three genuine passers in the team he'd do well, but at best we play the percentage ball and our better players are runners or dribblers. His one decent spell came with a resurgent Tomlin

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:51 pm

llan bluebird wrote:But when you look at Glatzel's (well taken) goal, I just can't recall us scoring a similar type. I do not know a thing about German football but it is different. A lot of high profile German imports have failed to live up to their international reputation but are very good footballers.

I reckon in a system with 2 or three genuine passers in the team he'd do well, but at best we play the percentage ball and our better players are runners or dribblers. His one decent spell came with a resurgent Tomlin

You just have to look at Timo Werner and Kai Havertz at Chelsea.

Both of them were outstanding in the Bundesliga but are finding it a lot tougher in the Premier League.

It's why English football is the most popular in the world, because it is also the toughest. A lot of players who have done well in Spain, Italy, France, Germany have all struggled when they've come to the Premier League or EFL. Obviously some also do well, but a lot of them don't.