Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“I lost total Respect”

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:15 pm

I lost Total Respect for Neil Harris after he said stuff like this:

“We can’t compete with clubs like Brentford.”

A tiny club like them

“We are playing good football, today we played some good football.”

We lost those games to clubs like Wycombe and Coventry and were actually out fought and played.”

Then he started naming and blaming individuals for the defeats, that’s pretty low.

Lied about Aden Flint.

Also lost it big time in the dressing room, was screaming at all the players and staff saying he was going to sack everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “I lost total Respect”

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Replies FB:

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:54 pm

I find stuff like this very sad; not because it is written but that it shows what was going on at our club under a manager most tried to support

Easy for the ne'er-do-wells to say "I told you so...!" but that would also be an exaggeration of what they actually KNEW was going on

It seems the history books will have Neil Harris down as one of our worst managers in recent times and that in itself is quite sad

But the game was up well before Christmas and even the most benevolent supporters could see it (reference various polls on the subject of the manager) and the incumbent has proved the point without shadow of doubt

For me, it doesn't really matter about promotion this season, although that would be very welcome, but more about the fact our team are competitive again in a way that knowledgeable Bluebird supporters understand i.e. hard to beat and ready for the fight

The Neil is dead; long live the Mick... :clap: :ayatollah: :occasion5:

Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:11 pm

I very much pointed the finger at the players when Harris got sacked. I just could not except the fact Harris had got it all wrong after getting us to the play offs last season.

Now with the transition that has happened with MM I'm having to eat humble pie. I keep asking myself was Harris trying to get us to play a different way to please us all but had the wrong players for that. When I try and start to work it out I stop thinking about it and embrace what is happening. I have never seen us go on a run like this so while it lasts I'll enjoy it but when it comes to an end I might return to the Harris era and work it out. Then again I might not.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:49 pm

Makes you wonder, what Harris thinks about himself as a manager, after seeing our transition since he's left.

Would not surprise me if he came out of management altogether.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Completely agree.

I thought it was obvious, relatively early on this season that he had to go. All you had to do was look at the players' body language. They were really not enjoying it at all.

At the time, many accused me of being too negative. But I said that they were just trying to be positive for positive's sake and I stand by that.

He got worse towards the end and his attitude to the players and his staff was a disgrace.

I have zero respect for him, both as a person and a manager.

I hope he's watching now so he can see what this team is really capable of.

His next job won't be in the Championship. He'll have to drop down to League One or League Two to get back into management.

But I hope nobody gives him another job so he can be completely revealed as the pond life that he is.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Neil Harris unfortunately showed himself for what he is - a chancer.
Glorified cockney bullsh1t wagon, who would be better suited to selling dodgy cars to old ladies.

Milwall supporters seemed to say the same on their forum.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:09 pm

I wrote this on here after we lost to Norwich...sums him up I think, even now 7 weeks later.

On the back of 4/5 defeats any manager who says that this wasn’t a must win game deserves to be sacked for that alone.

It’s says everything about his attitude which is obvious for all to see and that laid back, shrug the shoulders approach comes across in how this team plays.

Harris bemoans a lack of leaders, but it starts with him. He takes no accountability, has no drive to make something happen, has no plan (at least not one that is obvious) and simply doesn’t learn from his mistakes.

That post match press conference was an embarrassment - Norwich barely got out of first gear and so predictable he would use the line - they are top of the league. Wycombe were bottom and he was saying the same thing.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Makes you wonder, what Harris thinks about himself as a manager, after seeing our transition since he's left.

Doubt he will get a chance anywhere else after this.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:57 pm

His reaction to Benkovic said it all for me.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:11 am

Sven wrote:I find stuff like this very sad; not because it is written but that it shows what was going on at our club under a manager most tried to support

Easy for the ne'er-do-wells to say "I told you so...!" but that would also be an exaggeration of what they actually KNEW was going on

It seems the history books will have Neil Harris down as one of our worst managers in recent times and that in itself is quite sad

But the game was up well before Christmas and even the most benevolent supporters could see it (reference various polls on the subject of the manager) and the incumbent has proved the point without shadow of doubt

For me, it doesn't really matter about promotion this season, although that would be very welcome, but more about the fact our team are competitive again in a way that knowledgeable Bluebird supporters understand i.e. hard to beat and ready for the fight

Good post Sven, but I will say, some of the personal attacks on him are a bit ott imho, each to their own and all that, but he wasn't caught sniffing coke ,yet some fans think NML should have been supported,and re signed :? Harris did get us to the play offs, that will be on record, as well as him being shite this year, and as you say, the neil is dead, long live king Mick! ( until he loses a couple :lol: ) I gave Harris lots of time,as did many (especially after getting to play offs) and supported him perhaps afor a little longer than I should, but even I decided enough,and he had to go,but I don't get the personal abuse from some,he didn't get us relegated,and he hasn't killed anybody either,just a poor manager,who was out of his depth here.but I have seen worse here in my time.

Let's all get behind MM and enjoy the positive times,as we have had our fair share of bad times over the years :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:52 am

Spot on post Annis.i agree with every word. I think the players losr respect as well.that showed in the performances

Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:03 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:Makes you wonder, what Harris thinks about himself as a manager, after seeing our transition since he's left.

He got Millwall promoted and got us to the playoffs. I'm sure someone in league 1 will take a chance.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:I find stuff like this very sad; not because it is written but that it shows what was going on at our club under a manager most tried to support

Good post Sven, but I will say, some of the personal attacks on him are a bit ott imho, each to their own and all that, but he wasn't caught sniffing coke ,yet some fans think NML should have been supported,and re signed :? Harris did get us to the play offs, that will be on record, as well as him being shite this year, and as you say, the neil is dead, long live king Mick! ( until he loses a couple :lol: ) I gave Harris lots of time,as did many (especially after getting to play offs) and supported him perhaps afor a little longer than I should, but even I decided enough,and he had to go,but I don't get the personal abuse from some,he didn't get us relegated,and he hasn't killed anybody either,just a poor manager,who was out of his depth here.but I have seen worse here in my time.

Let's all get behind MM and enjoy the positive times,as we have had our fair share of bad times over the years :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Well said, he's gone now, he failed to carry on the good work of the previous season where we reached the play offs and frightened the shite out of Fulham.
As a person I don't like slagging the man off but football wise it was a bridge too far.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am

Escott1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

He got Millwall promoted and got us to the playoffs. I'm sure someone in league 1 will take a chance.

indeed its 3 play offs, 1 promotion. is what is on his CV.. which stacks up much better than Slades 1 league 2 play off . and he managed to get 14 jobs over a 25 year period... :shock: so wouldnt surprise me to see him in a dug out again either... have to say Swansea would be club of choice for him though...

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:38 am

Escott1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Personally I think Harris is a League 1 manager and so do the majority of Millwall fans.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:03 am

Annis I wanted him gone after the defeat away at Coventry and even though we won 4 on the trot for me it just served to paper over the cracks. I'm glad he is gone and even happier we have MM in charge now and the turnaround has been nothing short of stunning.

4 points off 5th place with 13 games to go means everything is still possible now but whatever happens thank to both the manager and the team I'm enjoying watching games again.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:19 am

castleblue wrote:Annis I wanted him gone after the defeat away at Coventry and even though we won 4 on the trot for me it just served to paper over the cracks. I'm glad he is gone and even happier we have MM in charge now and the turnaround has been nothing short of stunning.

4 points off 5th place with 13 games to go means everything is still possible now but whatever happens thank to both the manager and the team I'm enjoying watching games again.

Spot on, though I wasn't very happy when he joined, but then thought I'd got it wrong with the run last season. This season though you could see that he'd lost the changing room and I agree that the turnaround since Mick arrived really has been stunning. I'm also enjoying it again.

:old:

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:19 am

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

indeed its 3 play offs, 1 promotion. is what is on his CV.. which stacks up much better than Slades 1 league 2 play off . and he managed to get 14 jobs over a 25 year period... :shock: so wouldnt surprise me to see him in a dug out again either... have to say Swansea would be club of choice for him though...

Swansea would be a great shout. Hopefully they don't go up, Cooper gets poached leaving the door open for Harris :lol:

I agree with Annis's post below, Harris is a league 1 manager. He should never of got the city job in the first place, surprised everyone last season (on the back of Tomlin) but was completely out of his depth and lost this season.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Maybe we should give Mick a proper Cardiff title
Lord Mick McCarthy of Grangetownland ? or maybe Count McCarthy of Cantonshire
Give him the right to walk his sheep over Gol centre - something like that

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm

castleblue wrote:Annis I wanted him gone after the defeat away at Coventry and even though we won 4 on the trot for me it just served to paper over the cracks. I'm glad he is gone and even happier we have MM in charge now and the turnaround has been nothing short of stunning.

Gary, yes you were strongly against him and your right his wins were papering over the cracks. Tan was determined to keep him until he was told the value of our club would half at the rate we were sliding down the Championship.

The McCarthy's, Mackays or Warnocks are the managers Tan dislikes, as not yes men and they manage Cardiff their ways, but if it was not for them we would never have had such success and money brought in through Success and Tan would never have got 70% of his money back, the rest in my opinion he has wasted himself.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Completely agree.

I thought it was obvious, relatively early on this season that he had to go. All you had to do was look at the players' body language. They were really not enjoying it at all.

At the time, many accused me of being too negative. But I said that they were just trying to be positive for positive's sake and I stand by that.

I agree the warning signs were there as early as our 3-0 League Cup defeat to Northampton and the next match against Sheffield Wednesday which we lost 2-0.

At the time I held on to the hope we would bounce back like we did after last season restarted due to being closed down due to the Covid emergency. I thought we would get better as the season went on but despite a few false dawns it became clear NH had lost the plot and we were beginning to be dragged into a relegation battle. He had to go and fair play to the committee they replaced him with the inspired appointment of MM