BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:12 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Big mistake in my view. If he was signed up to protect the club in getting a fee from another club then that makes sense but if we did go up it will be a huge mistake keeping him in the job. We never learnt from Warnock and should have sacked him when we got promoted. His record shows his level otherwise he would have not been managing Ipswich. It’s easy to get in the bandwagon and say it’s great news but to avoid being a yo yo club we need to have a plan and philosophy for the future.



what we should have learned is that you can not compete in that division without serious investment in the squad....
no matter who the manager is its ridiculous to pick up the most points per pounds spent in the division ...{ which NW did by quite a margin } .. and not still be in that division come end of season...
as for this philosophy milarky ... explain
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:24 am

skidemin wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Big mistake in my view. If he was signed up to protect the club in getting a fee from another club then that makes sense but if we did go up it will be a huge mistake keeping him in the job. We never learnt from Warnock and should have sacked him when we got promoted. His record shows his level otherwise he would have not been managing Ipswich. It’s easy to get in the bandwagon and say it’s great news but to avoid being a yo yo club we need to have a plan and philosophy for the future.



what we should have learned is that you can not compete in that division without serious investment in the squad....
no matter who the manager is its ridiculous to pick up the most points per pounds spent in the division ...{ which NW did by quite a margin } .. and not still be in that division come end of season...
as for this philosophy milarky ... explain



Every clubs philosophy is to be successful and get promoted the best way they can? Whether that be with an old experience manager or a young inexperienced one..... at end day both strive to get club promotion? Brentfords philosophy
Of Buying and selling youngsters for profit does not give you success neither does having a philosophy of passing teams to death with 75% possession ..... at end day its the
managers skill at getting best out of players in squad that ultimately gets you promotion just like NW did.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 24319
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Big mistake in my view. If he was signed up to protect the club in getting a fee from another club then that makes sense but if we did go up it will be a huge mistake keeping him in the job. We never learnt from Warnock and should have sacked him when we got promoted. His record shows his level otherwise he would have not been managing Ipswich. It’s easy to get in the bandwagon and say it’s great news but to avoid being a yo yo club we need to have a plan and philosophy for the future.



what we should have learned is that you can not compete in that division without serious investment in the squad....
no matter who the manager is its ridiculous to pick up the most points per pounds spent in the division ...{ which NW did by quite a margin } .. and not still be in that division come end of season...
as for this philosophy milarky ... explain



Every clubs philosophy is to be successful and get promoted the best way they can? Whether that be with an old experience manager or a young inexperienced one..... at end day both strive to get club promotion? Brentfords philosophy
Of Buying and selling youngsters for profit does not give you success neither does having a philosophy of passing teams to death with 75% possession ..... at end day its the
managers skill at getting best out of players in squad that ultimately gets you promotion just like NW did.



the question wasnt for you Allan...its for those that bleat about football philosophy...
fully agree with what youve posted though..
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:48 am

Brilliant news backed MM from the start if we don’t go up this season
Next season MM to make it a hat trick for taking a team up from the championship as champions to premier league at three different clubs :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup:
Pembroke bluebird
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Jock » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:Brilliant News :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Backed Big Mick from day one and will do till the day he leaves as I did with Malky & Warnock :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Brilliant news didn’t back him and thought he’d bomb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what do I know.
Jock
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:59 am

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Big mistake in my view. If he was signed up to protect the club in getting a fee from another club then that makes sense but if we did go up it will be a huge mistake keeping him in the job. We never learnt from Warnock and should have sacked him when we got promoted. His record shows his level otherwise he would have not been managing Ipswich. It’s easy to get in the bandwagon and say it’s great news but to avoid being a yo yo club we need to have a plan and philosophy for the future.



what we should have learned is that you can not compete in that division without serious investment in the squad....
no matter who the manager is its ridiculous to pick up the most points per pounds spent in the division ...{ which NW did by quite a margin } .. and not still be in that division come end of season...
as for this philosophy milarky ... explain



Every clubs philosophy is to be successful and get promoted the best way they can? Whether that be with an old experience manager or a young inexperienced one..... at end day both strive to get club promotion? Brentfords philosophy
Of Buying and selling youngsters for profit does not give you success neither does having a philosophy of passing teams to death with 75% possession ..... at end day its the
managers skill at getting best out of players in squad that ultimately gets you promotion just like NW did.



the question wasnt for you Allan...its for those that bleat about football philosophy...
fully agree with what youve posted though..[/quote



I know was just putting a bit of context to your question... the person your question was directed st as disappeared which is normal when questions are posed that they dont/wont answer.... :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 24319
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 am

I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.
Tarkimicallefslovechild
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:43 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.



well you were obviously wrong with Warnock who was universally { apart from a few dozen local fruit loops } considered to have made a far better fist of it than expected...so why not now take a step back and grasp a bit of realism ..you do not go up, spend the least and the expect miracles.. you can hope like we all do but at the end of the day you have to be realistic...
besides if there were better managers who could do much better with tiny budgets they would already be with clubs ...thats obvious...
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 am

How can I be wrong about Warnock. He took us down. Fruit loops are people who don't know what they are talking about. Facts are facts.
Tarkimicallefslovechild
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby maccydee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:How can I be wrong about Warnock. He took us down. Fruit loops are people who don't know what they are talking about. Facts are facts.


What are your thoughts on Malky out of interest?
maccydee
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:24 pm

If rumours are true several clubs after mick.. so if didnt offer contract he goes then what ?
Who would we get in his place that would be as effective Any ideas ??
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 24319
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:27 pm

Malky was one of our best manager's. Like Warnock in the championship a fans manager. Shouldn't have been sacked in my view but that was a personal vendetta that Tan possibly rightly had about text sent but I believe an internal investigation wouldn't have happened if Tan hadn't been so strung up about signing like Cornelius. Every manager doesn't get every signing right and Tan never understood that. I believe Malky may well have kept us up instead of Hull or WBA that season
Tarkimicallefslovechild
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:28 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:How can I be wrong about Warnock. He took us down. Fruit loops are people who don't know what they are talking about. Facts are facts.


What are your thoughts on Malky out of interest?




Should be the same as NW as he was going to get us relegated before was sacked! Fail to see difference.....
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 24319
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:34 pm

The difference is Warnock had failed each time before at different clubs in the prem.

Malky deserved his opportunity for a full season.
Tarkimicallefslovechild
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:The difference is Warnock had failed each time before at different clubs in the prem.

Malky deserved his opportunity for a full season.



just like with ourselves he got relegated twice with 2 other teams that were expected to be relegated.. this wasnt like eddie howe spending 100s of millions and being relegated...you really do have to be realistic about things...
and if Mick were to get us up ...its either start funding him like leeds ,wolves or Bournemouth or expect to be favs to go down and a 38 game long relegation battle ...its not rocket science..this notion that there are fellas out there nailed on to do well in that division given a small budget is bonkers tbh.... if they existed they would literally be worth their weight in gold and working....
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby maccydee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:07 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:The difference is Warnock had failed each time before at different clubs in the prem.

Malky deserved his opportunity for a full season.


Malky had a lot more to spend that Warnock.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:37 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:The difference is Warnock had failed each time before at different clubs in the prem.

Malky deserved his opportunity for a full season.


Malky had a lot more to spend that Warnock.



indeed. Malky stood a fighting chance with that budget.... but without going into the blame game there was far too much going on behind the scenes.... seriously can not get my head around those thinking a team that was universally credited with punching above their weight when promoted.... signing 4 championship players and 2 loanees nobody else wanted then under performed... by doing what the whole world thought they would do..
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby maccydee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:The difference is Warnock had failed each time before at different clubs in the prem.

Malky deserved his opportunity for a full season.


Malky had a lot more to spend that Warnock.



indeed. Malky stood a fighting chance with that budget.... but without going into the blame game there was far too much going on behind the scenes.... seriously can not get my head around those thinking a team that was universally credited with punching above their weight when promoted.... signing 4 championship players and 2 loanees nobody else wanted then under performed... by doing what the whole world thought they would do..


Totally agree. Those players ran through brick walls for Warnock. Sadly it cost us the next season.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:51 pm

Warnock decided to stay and give the prem another crack even though Tan wouldn't spend after feeling he was burnt by Malky and knowing he failed twice before it was a huge mistake by Tan. IF MM gets us up I just hope at that point we learn from our past mistakes.


The club desperately need a football director to oversee recruitment, the academy and our style of play. Until that happens we wont move forward.
Tarkimicallefslovechild
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:06 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Warnock decided to stay and give the prem another crack even though Tan wouldn't spend after feeling he was burnt by Malky and knowing he failed twice before it was a huge mistake by Tan. IF MM gets us up I just hope at that point we learn from our past mistakes.


The club desperately need a football director to oversee recruitment, the academy and our style of play. Until that happens we wont move forward.



this failed twice thing ? failing is not achieving what most would expect you to achieve surely ?
when the world and his brother { bar a few in the clouds locals } think your going to finish bottom there is a good chance you will .. we did better than i expected... free hit was mentioned a lot and mentioned for a reason....
and if mick gets us up.....i doubt people like yourself will have learned anything.... expectations will be through the roof but without proper funding we will once more be favs with the bookies and expected to go down... close your eyes shout lalala..it dont change reality...
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.


I see the boo boys are ganging up on you mate but I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t particularly agree with you but you’re entitled to your view even though very few agree with you.

Being called ‘stupid’, ‘a dickhead’ and wanting to boot you up the arse from someone who doesn’t even watch City live.
Someone who made a new profile on here and pathetically tried to wind everyone up when he got banned. A touch of the roathy who can’t live without coming on here.

Then some little old fella from down west who thinks because you’ve only posted 60 times and you’re not posting on virtually every thread like he does then you shouldn’t have your own opinion!

Stick to your guns and if you think McCarthy isn’t the manager then good for you.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby maccydee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:13 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.


I see the boo boys are ganging up on you mate but I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t particularly agree with you but you’re entitled to your view even though very few agree with you.

Being called ‘stupid’, ‘a dickhead’ and wanting to boot you up the arse from someone who doesn’t even watch City live.
Someone who made a new profile on here and pathetically tried to wind everyone up when he got banned. A touch of the roathy who can’t live without coming on here.

Then some little old fella from down west who thinks because you’ve only posted 60 times and you’re not posting on virtually every thread like he does then you shouldn’t have your own opinion!

Stick to your guns and if you think McCarthy isn’t the manager then good for you.


Who rattled your cage?

I quite clearly said he was entitled to an opinion as am I. The rest was clearly tongue in cheek.

There was nothing to back his point up and he was overly negative.

Don’t watch City live? I’ve watched every match this season live. Oh you mean in person? I went to plenty of games live last year when I wasn’t working or away.

I was banned for having an opinion so I sort of agree with some of your points.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Malky was one of our best manager's. Like Warnock in the championship a fans manager. Shouldn't have been sacked in my view but that was a personal vendetta that Tan possibly rightly had about text sent but I believe an internal investigation wouldn't have happened if Tan hadn't been so strung up about signing like Cornelius. Every manager doesn't get every signing right and Tan never understood that. I believe Malky may well have kept us up instead of Hull or WBA that season


But if you rate Malky as better or more progressive you need to think back.

To me Malky started the move away from producing/buying exciting young talent.

He bought proven performers for a lot of money but name a single young player that came through under him.

You points about Warnock and McCarthy are valid, even if I don’t agree with them, but if your using Malky as an example of a progressive manager your argument falls flat for me.
piledriver64
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.


I see the boo boys are ganging up on you mate but I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t particularly agree with you but you’re entitled to your view even though very few agree with you.

Being called ‘stupid’, ‘a dickhead’ and wanting to boot you up the arse from someone who doesn’t even watch City live.
Someone who made a new profile on here and pathetically tried to wind everyone up when he got banned. A touch of the roathy who can’t live without coming on here.

Then some little old fella from down west who thinks because you’ve only posted 60 times and you’re not posting on virtually every thread like he does then you shouldn’t have your own opinion!

Stick to your guns and if you think McCarthy isn’t the manager then good for you.


Who rattled your cage?

I quite clearly said he was entitled to an opinion as am I. The rest was clearly tongue in cheek.

There was nothing to back his point up and he was overly negative.

Don’t watch City live? I’ve watched every match this season live. Oh you mean in person? I went to plenty of games live last year when I wasn’t working or away.

I was banned for having an opinion so I sort of agree with some of your points.


To be honest I quite like most of your posts but when I just read through this thread I thought was rather pathetic everybody jumping on this guy.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby maccydee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:49 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.


I see the boo boys are ganging up on you mate but I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t particularly agree with you but you’re entitled to your view even though very few agree with you.

Being called ‘stupid’, ‘a dickhead’ and wanting to boot you up the arse from someone who doesn’t even watch City live.
Someone who made a new profile on here and pathetically tried to wind everyone up when he got banned. A touch of the roathy who can’t live without coming on here.

Then some little old fella from down west who thinks because you’ve only posted 60 times and you’re not posting on virtually every thread like he does then you shouldn’t have your own opinion!

Stick to your guns and if you think McCarthy isn’t the manager then good for you.


Who rattled your cage?

I quite clearly said he was entitled to an opinion as am I. The rest was clearly tongue in cheek.

There was nothing to back his point up and he was overly negative.

Don’t watch City live? I’ve watched every match this season live. Oh you mean in person? I went to plenty of games live last year when I wasn’t working or away.

I was banned for having an opinion so I sort of agree with some of your points.


To be honest I quite like most of your posts but when I just read through this thread I thought was rather pathetic everybody jumping on this guy.


If I thought he wasn’t a wind up I wouldn’t have been like that. I think he’s being contrary for contraries sake and being unnecessarily negative about our new manager who has 24 points from 30.

And Doyley was amazing.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:16 pm

maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.


I see the boo boys are ganging up on you mate but I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t particularly agree with you but you’re entitled to your view even though very few agree with you.

Being called ‘stupid’, ‘a dickhead’ and wanting to boot you up the arse from someone who doesn’t even watch City live.
Someone who made a new profile on here and pathetically tried to wind everyone up when he got banned. A touch of the roathy who can’t live without coming on here.

Then some little old fella from down west who thinks because you’ve only posted 60 times and you’re not posting on virtually every thread like he does then you shouldn’t have your own opinion!

Stick to your guns and if you think McCarthy isn’t the manager then good for you.


Who rattled your cage?

I quite clearly said he was entitled to an opinion as am I. The rest was clearly tongue in cheek.

There was nothing to back his point up and he was overly negative.

Don’t watch City live? I’ve watched every match this season live. Oh you mean in person? I went to plenty of games live last year when I wasn’t working or away.

I was banned for having an opinion so I sort of agree with some of your points.


To be honest I quite like most of your posts but when I just read through this thread I thought was rather pathetic everybody jumping on this guy.


If I thought he wasn’t a wind up I wouldn’t have been like that. I think he’s being contrary for contraries sake and being unnecessarily negative about our new manager who has 24 points from 30.

And Doyley was amazing.



think you mean amusing....amazing is stretching it...
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby maccydee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:48 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:I realise now who this site is for, It's not for City fans to view their opinion it's for a select club of "fans"- i.e. who have posts over a certain amount to be taken seriously. You don't need to question my validity . 40 years season ticket holder and travelled everywhere with City. My view is MM is not the answer in the prem if we got there. That's my view and it was with Warnock. No one has given me any reason to suggest anything different other than 'gut feelings'. The facts show he isn't a prem manager. I understand the club were probably placed in a position that if we finish 7th then other championships clubs could offer him a better deal than us. If we go up that is when to make the tough decisions like we didn't do with Warnock that could give us the best chance of sustaining top level football.


I see the boo boys are ganging up on you mate but I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t particularly agree with you but you’re entitled to your view even though very few agree with you.

Being called ‘stupid’, ‘a dickhead’ and wanting to boot you up the arse from someone who doesn’t even watch City live.
Someone who made a new profile on here and pathetically tried to wind everyone up when he got banned. A touch of the roathy who can’t live without coming on here.

Then some little old fella from down west who thinks because you’ve only posted 60 times and you’re not posting on virtually every thread like he does then you shouldn’t have your own opinion!

Stick to your guns and if you think McCarthy isn’t the manager then good for you.


Who rattled your cage?

I quite clearly said he was entitled to an opinion as am I. The rest was clearly tongue in cheek.

There was nothing to back his point up and he was overly negative.

Don’t watch City live? I’ve watched every match this season live. Oh you mean in person? I went to plenty of games live last year when I wasn’t working or away.

I was banned for having an opinion so I sort of agree with some of your points.


To be honest I quite like most of your posts but when I just read through this thread I thought was rather pathetic everybody jumping on this guy.


If I thought he wasn’t a wind up I wouldn’t have been like that. I think he’s being contrary for contraries sake and being unnecessarily negative about our new manager who has 24 points from 30.

And Doyley was amazing.



think you mean amusing....amazing is stretching it...


Potato potato
maccydee
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:48 am

Thank you grange end blue but I couldn’t care less about some keyboard warrior who believes his opinion over rights mine. He winds himself up because he thinks his view is and must be right. MM is a championship manager at best and nothing will change my view about that.
Tarkimicallefslovechild
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:06 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Thank you grange end blue but I couldn’t care less about some keyboard warrior who believes his opinion over rights mine. He winds himself up because he thinks his view is and must be right. MM is a championship manager at best and nothing will change my view about that.


I’m glad we have him in this division but if we did manage to scape promotion this year or next I’d rather see him replaced.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: BREAKING " MICK McCARTHY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT "

Postby skidemin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Thank you grange end blue but I couldn’t care less about some keyboard warrior who believes his opinion over rights mine. He winds himself up because he thinks his view is and must be right. MM is a championship manager at best and nothing will change my view about that.


I’m glad we have him in this division but if we did manage to scape promotion this year or next I’d rather see him replaced.



so success = sack.... ?
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 177 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.