" Fickleness / We have some Fickle fans "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Fickleness / We have some Fickle fans "

Postby Crayfish » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:46 am

nojac wrote:4 games in 10 days , 3 away . The travelling involved etc. 8 points in total . Cant fault it TBH , some players will be tired and not perform.
11 games unbeaten , 25 points , which is above and beyond promotion form .
Such a pity MM and TC were not here earlier .
The good news is , they are here now and ready to put things in place for next season ! This season after the start we had , whatever happens its a bonus . To where we could have been .

Not sure how far we can use the tiredness thing as an excuse yes last night was our fourth game in ten days but wasn't it the same for Huddersfield plus they had a far worse injury crisis. Not sure either if the travelling thing is that relevant. We went to Middlesborough by plane (private jet?) the day before the game so there was no travelling on the day of the game.

Not complaining eight points from four games is good. We are probably going to need to average two points a game between now and the end of the season to have a chance of the playoffs.

Don't think our fans are paticularly fickle. Have not seen any turning on McCarthy. If players have a poor game people will point it out as they will if players have a good game.
Crayfish

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sven » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 am

maccydee wrote:Some of what I mean here.

Neil, with full respect, there is nothing in there I wouldn't expect during a game. Our support, including me, want us to win every game and this was one (versus Huddersfield) that I think most would have fully have expected us to do so after our recent performances/results

There were several players 'out of sorts' or simply unable to get into the game as they have and part of that has to be down to tiredness and a patched up but resolute Huddersfield Town team that put in a performance and almost stole the game

Result-wise, we have to say this was a little disappointing but it might/could/should have been worse in Mick McCarthy's 1000th game and yet we came away with a point

It keeps us 'in the Play Off mix' and we move on after an 8-day matchless rest

The moaners will always moan but I didn't really see anything during the game (I was unable to comment 'in match' although I did watch) that made me think any were particularly harsh and/or being mischievous

For me, comments after the game were mainly more balanced and others either agreed or argued differently

A little unfair to say more than a small number of our supporters would vilify and drain the confidence of our players, if we were back in the stadium, something those of who attended regularly before cannot wait for; and I think all players need to (and probably do) deal with those who admittedly seem to want to berate (probably out of personal frustration because they can't do it at home :laughing6: )
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:05 am

Sven wrote:

Neil, with full respect, there is nothing in there I wouldn't expect during a game. Our support, including me, want us to win every game and this was one (versus Huddersfield) that I think most would have fully have expected us to do so after our recent performances/results

There were several players 'out of sorts' or simply unable to get into the game as they have and part of that has to be down to tiredness and a patched up but resolute Huddersfield Town team that put in a performance and almost stole the game

Result-wise, we have to say this was a little disappointing but it might/could/should have been worse in Mick McCarthy's 1000th game and yet we came away with a point

The moaners will always moan but I didn't really see anything during the game (I was unable to comment 'in match' although I did watch) that made me think any were particularly harsh and/or being mischievous

For me, comments after the game were mainly more balanced and others either agreed or argued differently

A little unfair to say more than a small number of our supporters would vilify and drain the confidence of our players, if we were back in the stadium, something those of who attended regularly before cannot wait for; and I think all players need to (and probably do) deal with those who admittedly seem to want to berate (probably out of personal frustration because they can't do it at home :laughing6: )

I keep going back to Murphy but he is one that the fans seem to get on at.

None of them played particularly well yesterday but Murphy was singled out. I have seen it at the games. It might be only the odd voice but when we have a player who needs an arm around him those voices aren’t helpful.

Fans absolutely have a right to point out a player who isn’t playing well but after 30 minutes it was being said he didn’t look interested.
maccydee

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

None of them played particularly well yesterday but Murphy was singled out. I have seen it at the games. It might be only the odd voice but when we have a player who needs an arm around him those voices aren’t helpful.

Fans absolutely have a right to point out a player who isn’t playing well but after 30 minutes it was being said he didn’t look interested.

Unfortunately mate the likes of Murph and Ojo - dare I say it, luxury players will always be targets from the crowd and the likes of Ralls who puts a shift in (generally) will avoid this type of attention. It doesn’t just happen with us as I’m pretty sure it’s something that happens up and down the country.
Not saying it’s right but it happens.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:20 am

This worries me as we are now giving young players a chance and Murphy lost all his confidence because of supporters turning on him in one game.

The supporters are the 12th man but turn on players and they dont get better they get worse and I feel for them.

I can go back years with a right winger Josh Low and he always tried his best and one game it was not going for him and
a lot of supporters gave him a hard time he was taken off and the sub didnt do any better.

From that day there was 2 Josh Lowes 1 who played well away from Ninian and then at home his confidence was shot such a shame and never played well it was like 2 different players.
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Re: Fickleness

Postby ThomasC » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:26 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
maccydee wrote:Tonight’s result proves to me that if we follow this with another couple of bad results and we lose the next three there are certain fans who will be on Mick’s back.

Not many but they are rotten apples and spread more and more.

We have some fickle fans.

They will turn on Mick.

They have already turned on Murphy.

Horrible fans.

I agree re fickle fans.
I wouldn’t say I turned on Murphy though; I just doubted he had the drive to succeed with us, albeit under Harris.
I’m pleased the lad proved me wrong. He wasn’t great tonight but neither were most of the team - as I said in a previous post, lots of 6 out of 10s when we’ve been having most players scoring 7-8 out of 10 in recent matches.
We battled for what could be an important point tonight when we were nowhere near firing on all cylinders.
Unfortunately that’s not good enough for some who seem to be waiting eagerly for a loss.

Lots of 6/10 tonight.

On the match thread all over Murphy first half. These are the fans who would be shouting at him from the stands eroding his confidence. Which is why I’m glad fans aren’t there.

So you'd rather have empty stadiums so that millionaire footballers don't suffer any crisis in confidence :lol:

Quite a strange wish, I'm sure you didn't mean that. :ayatollah:

Fans have been shouting at footballers for well over 100 years but this snowflake is happy they can’t anymore in case Murphy goes off in a sulk again.

I wonder what all those old working class fans crammed into the grounds all over the country with their caps on would have thought of this modern day ‘fan’?

I totally agree with every word. Every decade the stadiums get quieter not louder! :bluebird: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:31 am

One or two idiots who are entitled to a oppion doesn't warrant a platform to spread.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Sven » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 am

blue lagoon wrote:One or two idiots who are entitled to a oppion doesn't warrant a platform to spread.

Don't you know it, fella... ;) :thumbright: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:34 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

I agree with Sven in that there was nothing wrong with any of the comments during the match.
Murphy was singled out in the first half because he was by far the worse player ... couldn’t hold the ball, gave it away, caught offside, made silly fouls, etc.

Yes, he wasn’t the only one but he was crap and got called out whether it was after 30 minutes or not.

McCarthy should have done a Mourinho and pulled him in the first half because it was obvious he was only going to get worse, we’ve all seen it time and time again.

Ralls got just as much stick - and rightly so, mostly after the match.

Murphy needs a constant ‘arm around his shoulders’ ongoing for nearly 3 years!
Don’t make me laugh.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:37 am

ThomasC wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
maccydee wrote:Tonight’s result proves to me that if we follow this with another couple of bad results and we lose the next three there are certain fans who will be on Mick’s back.

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

I agree re fickle fans.
I wouldn’t say I turned on Murphy though; I just doubted he had the drive to succeed with us, albeit under Harris.
I’m pleased the lad proved me wrong. He wasn’t great tonight but neither were most of the team - as I said in a previous post, lots of 6 out of 10s when we’ve been having most players scoring 7-8 out of 10 in recent matches.
We battled for what could be an important point tonight when we were nowhere near firing on all cylinders.
Unfortunately that’s not good enough for some who seem to be waiting eagerly for a loss.

Lots of 6/10 tonight.

On the match thread all over Murphy first half. These are the fans who would be shouting at him from the stands eroding his confidence. Which is why I’m glad fans aren’t there.

So you'd rather have empty stadiums so that millionaire footballers don't suffer any crisis in confidence :lol:

Fans have been shouting at footballers for well over 100 years but this snowflake is happy they can’t anymore in case Murphy goes off in a sulk again.

I wonder what all those old working class fans crammed into the grounds all over the country with their caps on would have thought of this modern day ‘fan’?

I totally agree with every word. Every decade the stadiums get quieter not louder! :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Yes mate you’re right, Snowflakes that think players need to be cuddled and mollycoddled even more than they are.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:40 am

Of course people can say a player hasn’t had a good game. That’s what football fans do. However there were posts saying Murphy doesn’t look interested AFTER 30 MINUTES. That’s the type of shite that I’m on about that shows fans as fickle. I’m not afraid of calling it out.

So they can say 'he has'nt had a good game', but not 'he doesnt look interested'..

See what you mean.. highly contentious that
rumpo kid

Postby maccydee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 am

ThomasC wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

I agree re fickle fans.

Lots of 6/10 tonight.

Yes mate you’re right, Snowflakes that think players need to be cuddled and mollycoddled even more than they are.

That’s not what I’m saying at all.

It’s us who benefit from a confident Josh Murphy.
maccydee

Re: " Fickleness / We have some Fickle fans "use Harris if M

Postby Grandstand » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:59 pm

It is not being frickle we are giving an honest opinion whether we are good or poor. Murphy, Wilson and Rolls have no excuse for tiredness as they did not play much in 7 days. If I was a defender I would have a go at Murphy for a lack of intensity to keep hold of the ball and keep putting pressure on the defence. Bacuna should have played, and we should use Harris if Moore is on his knees. Only the goalie and defence came out with credit. Most likely we will now be 4 points behind the sixth team by the end of the day , so we need 2 results to go our way to get back to 6.
Grandstand

Postby castleblue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Well I thought it was a good point last night and when you think it was only 2 weeks ago they beat our cousins out west 4-1 it's a better point.

At the end I did ask myself if we would have taken that point 3 months ago but the issue is recent results have raised expectations but none of that matters because any point away from home in the Championship is a good point.

2 months ago I feared the worst but we are safe with 11 games to go so I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride, it could be fun.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Sven » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:54 pm

castleblue wrote:Well I thought it was a good point last night and when you think it was only 2 weeks ago they beat our cousins out west 4-1 it's a better point.

At the end I did ask myself if we would have taken that point 3 months ago but the issue is recent results have raised expectations but none of that matters because any point away from home in the Championship is a good point.

2 months ago I feared the worst but we are safe with 11 games to go so I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride, it could be fun.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

#TheVoiceOfReason (again) :clap: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby davids » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:31 pm

I'm not fickle.

I just think we're brilliant when we win and shit when we lose.

;) ;)

:thumbup:
davids

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:35 pm

on here yes , in a pub yes, in work yes, but not at the ground we are called supporters and support we should do.. not critisise or attack players or boo then no we shouldnt do
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:44 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

Nice of you to give them the platform to start, Neil... ;) :roll:

He’s just on a wind up again mate.

A few comments about how poor the team played and Murphy in particular.
Was just some posters speaking the truth and I see nothing wrong with that.

WUM

Paul, I don't know Neil personally (Annis does) but I like to think I have a good rapport with him and whilst he often makes many valid points, often tongue-in-cheek, he does seem (and I know he will read this) to have a faulty 'Emergency Stop' button that occasionally allows him to go into 'tilt'

This is not one such occasion, we know we have 'fickle' supporters, but it was clearly a comment/opportunity made to 'stir the pot' a certain 'pot' even just a little :(

We do have a good rapport.

My post is valid.

Of course people can say a player hasn’t had a good game. That’s what football fans do. However there were posts saying Murphy doesn’t look interested AFTER 30 MINUTES. That’s the type of shite that I’m on about that shows fans as fickle. I’m not afraid of calling it out.

Ive been one of Murphy's critics in the past, but he had upped his game since MM took us over, however he does have a tendency to do this, then he has another slump in form,leaving himself open to what I see as fair criticism,other players have flak given when playing badly, what makes Murphy any different?
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:45 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

Nice of you to give them the platform to start, Neil... ;) :roll:

He’s just on a wind up again mate.

A few comments about how poor the team played and Murphy in particular.
Was just some posters speaking the truth and I see nothing wrong with that.

WUM

Paul, I don't know Neil personally (Annis does) but I like to think I have a good rapport with him and whilst he often makes many valid points, often tongue-in-cheek, he does seem (and I know he will read this) to have a faulty 'Emergency Stop' button that occasionally allows him to go into 'tilt'

This is not one such occasion, we know we have 'fickle' supporters, but it was clearly a comment/opportunity made to 'stir the pot' a certain 'pot' even just a little :(

We do have a good rapport.

My post is valid.

Ive been one of Murphy's critics in the past, but he had upped his game since MM took us over, however he does have a tendency to do this, then he has another slump in form,leaving himself open to what I see as fair criticism,other players have flak given when playing badly, what makes Murphy any different?
bluesince62

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:50 pm

Was he losing a lot of possession and did he need to keep the ball better though?
Escott1927

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:27 pm

I said the other week soon as we stop winning a few people will turn but that was deemed negative and I'm classed not a fan :lol:
City fans are f*cking embarassing for turning when it comes to managers and that's a fact. You got to praise them galore every time we won and can't say anything different or your not a real fan apparently but if we draw or lose a few that's it the world's ending and the manager and players go from the world best to f**k them off there all shit and the manager.

That's modern times for you, cringeworthy stuff after a point away to :roll:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:05 pm

I definitely made a point of posting that Murphy was having a poor game, the fact is he was.
Fickle fan I am not.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby maccydee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:24 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:I definitely made a point of posting that Murphy was having a poor game, the fact is he was.
Fickle fan I am not.

It was more the one who said doesn’t look interested and then followed up with he needs changing
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:I definitely made a point of posting that Murphy was having a poor game, the fact is he was.
Fickle fan I am not.

Why Murphy? Weren’t they all pretty bad?
maccydee

Postby Ninian27 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:58 am

maccydee wrote:
Fickle fan I am not.

Why Murphy? Weren’t they all pretty bad?

So mate because he chose one player, that makes him a fickle fan?
Can we not say a player? :lol: :lol:
Ninian27

Postby nubbsy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 am

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

Go find another club then. One where fan's don't get on players or managers back. Let me know when you've found one...
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:21 pm

I think the OP has gone a bit over the top about the Murphy stuff in the match thread as I would put that down to just fans 'sounding off' in the moment which as others have rightly said happens at all Clubs.

In his defence though I do agree with him a bit in the sense that as a fan base we do have a lot that, in my opinion, seem to look for problems and seem to take pleasure in it which I sometimes find bizzare.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:52 pm

RV Casual wrote:I think the OP has gone a bit over the top about the Murphy stuff in the match thread as I would put that down to just fans 'sounding off' in the moment which as others have rightly said happens at all Clubs.

In his defence though I do agree with him a bit in the sense that as a fan base we do have a lot that, in my opinion, seem to look for problems and seem to take pleasure in it which I sometimes find bizzare.

***ps I meant to add by default this thread is one of them but it was to late to amend.
RV Casual

Postby maccydee » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:I think the OP has gone a bit over the top about the Murphy stuff in the match thread as I would put that down to just fans 'sounding off' in the moment which as others have rightly said happens at all Clubs.

Fair words.

However my point remains there’s a difference between saying someone played badly and attacking someone’s character which is what happened the other night.

He doesn’t look interested is what was said after half hour.

I stand by what I say and hope I am proven very wrong.
maccydee

Postby Always City » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:09 am

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

Surely fans can voice their opinions?
Always City

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat