" Fickleness / We have some Fickle fans "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Fickleness / We have some Fickle fans "

Postby maccydee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:02 am

Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:Tonight’s result proves to me that if we follow this with another couple of bad results and we lose the next three there are certain fans who will be on Mick’s back.

Not many but they are rotten apples and spread more and more.

We have some fickle fans.

They will turn on Mick.

They have already turned on Murphy.

Horrible fans.

Surely fans can voice their opinions?

Everyone can. As can I and that is my opinion.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Always City » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:13 am

maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:Tonight’s result proves to me that if we follow this with another couple of bad results and we lose the next three there are certain fans who will be on Mick’s back.

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

That we are fickle mate for saying what we feel about certain players or the way we feel about a match if it’s not to your liking :roll: :roll:

Your having a giraffe
Always City

Postby maccydee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:10 pm

Always City wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Always City wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

That we are fickle mate for saying what we feel about certain players or the way we feel about a match if it’s not to your liking :roll: :roll:

Your having a giraffe

Why can I not say someone is fickle if everyone is entitled to an opinion.

As I have explained many times the fickle fans isn’t Aimed at people saying we played badly or Murphy played badly per se. It’s people criticising his character after 30 minutes. That’s less someone’s opinion and more someone being OTT. Hence fickle.

This is the definition of fickle

likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather. not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover

Absolutely what we have at our club.
maccydee

Postby Dennis » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:18 pm

Who gives the right to this fan called Maccydee , to call us fans FICKLE?

i do not post much on here, but i come on for my daily read and yes we played not so good at Hudders, so am i fickle?
Dennis

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Dennis wrote:Who gives the right to this fan called Maccydee , to call us fans FICKLE?

i do not post much on here, but i come on for my daily read and yes we played not so good at Hudders, so am i fickle?

In fairness I don’t think he’s on about anyone making comments about the not so good performance from the team, it’s more about a certain somebody that after 30 minutes said that Murphy looked disinterested. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course they are, nobody has to agree but everyone should respect other people’s opinions.
Ponty Bluebird

Postby maccydee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Dennis wrote:Who gives the right to this fan called Maccydee , to call us fans FICKLE?

Nope not fickle for saying that.

See my above definition of fickle.
maccydee

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:54 pm

maccydee wrote:

I said he looked disinterested, so im fickle too!! Perhaps Murphy needs to adress his body language during games,as for me,at times thats how it looks,his head drops,he loses possession, gets pushed off the ball (more than once in last game) he looks sulky! I said he would get equal amounts of praise,IF he shows up & plays well,but thats my opinion on him,not the managers,and its he that picks the team.
ALL supporters/fans have the right to comment on ANY particular player(and we do!) Whether its in criticism or praise,I dont get this judgement of fellow fans,because of their opinion??
bluesince62

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:54 pm

maccydee wrote:

I said he looked disinterested, so im fickle too!! Perhaps Murphy needs to adress his body language during games,as for me,at times thats how it looks,his head drops,he loses possession, gets pushed off the ball (more than once in last game) he looks sulky! I said he would get equal amounts of praise,IF he shows up & plays well,but thats my opinion on him,not the managers,and its he that picks the team.
ALL supporters/fans have the right to comment on ANY particular player(and we do!) Whether its in criticism or praise,I dont get this judgement of fellow fans,because of their opinion??
bluesince62

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:08 pm

I admit it, I am fickle as fcuk during the game when I am pumped up on emotion.

I really think we have used Josh incorrectly for 18 months as he is a forward who does his bit defending but that's it. And luckily for Ralls, he should be quite comfortable because between Harris and Warnock we stunted his growth as a championship midfielder with his safety-first hoofs. What i am saying here is I am really rooting for these two a tad more than the other boys in blue....

But, on Friday if I wrote what I was saying during the game about their two performances it would have come across as incredibly negative, and that's it. When you read the comments, not in real-time they lose their relevance and they do look ridiculously negative.

Another example... when Pack gave away the ball and was too slow to even grab the lad against Bournemouth and said "That's what you get from Pack" I was saying it phlegmatically, coldly. IMO its a fact, we improve our passing and he takes more risks, but lose a lot of mobility. That could be read as aggressive & resentful.

We have had 1000's of years of understanding body & verbal language and a decade of instant social media. Its a poor medium
llan bluebird

Postby barnet blue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:46 am

Reading what Sven says Maccydee its actual you who is very fickle and you do not even attend matches :laughing6:
barnet blue

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:19 am

barnet blue wrote:Reading what Sven says Maccydee its actual you who is very fickle and you do not even attend matches :laughing6:

Man there are some people using their multis to have a pop at me more than once.

f*cking clowns.

How the f**k do you know if I attend matches? Are you my diary keeper? I’ve attended as many games as you this season prick.

Go away and learn to spell. It will help all of your usernames.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:37 am

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

The better the run, the more the expectancy, the bigger the drama when we lose :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:41 am

Bluebina wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

The better the run, the more the expectancy, the bigger the drama when we lose :thumbup:

I will always remember promotion season under Warnock and how over Christmas fans wanted him out and said we had no chance of going up. It’s opinions yes but it’s fickle. There’s no other way to describe it.
maccydee

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:53 pm

Encouraging Josh Murphy would only be of benefit to Cardiff City FC in my opinion. I’ve been in the ground and heard him being booed and refuse to believe he has ever had a bad game on purpose, despite being frustrating on occasions. The manager is employed to provide an analytical observation of his performance and much more qualified than I am. Booing doesn’t help the reflective process when identifying specific areas of self-improvement and the fact things were done historically, hardly provides a counter argument for this negative, regressive mindset to continue.

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Part of my job is coaching and mentoring and I have seen first hand the positive impact confidence can have on results.
103 Barmy Army

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:58 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Encouraging Josh Murphy would only be of benefit to Cardiff City FC in my opinion. I’ve been in the ground and heard him being booed and refuse to believe he has ever had a bad game on purpose, despite being frustrating on occasions. The manager is employed to provide an analytical observation of his performance and much more qualified than I am. Booing doesn’t help the reflective process when identifying specific areas of self-improvement and the fact things were done historically, hardly provides a counter argument for this negative, regressive mindset to continue.

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Part of my job is coaching and mentoring and I have seen first hand the positive impact confidence can have on results.

Exactly my point. Lol
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:26 pm

Difficult to prove mate.. if those showing disapproval of Murphy are consistent in that view, then fickle they are not. They just have a view that’s different to yours.

Positive mentoring wasn’t your original point.
rumpo kid

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:27 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Difficult to prove mate.. if those showing disapproval of Murphy are consistent in that view, then fickle they are not. They just have a view that’s different to yours.

Positive mentoring wasn’t your original point.

They won’t be on his back when he’s doing well will they?

That’s my point. Half hour in to the game saying he doesn’t look interested. Half hour.
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:20 pm

I think that’s their point.. he’s got all the ability in the World, but for whatever reason seems unable to reproduce it with any consistency. Hopefully that will change with this Manager.
rumpo kid

Postby maccydee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:48 pm

rumpo kid wrote:I think that’s their point.. he’s got all the ability in the World, but for whatever reason seems unable to reproduce it with any consistency. Hopefully that will change with this Manager.

And he has been proving it and then half hour into a game he gets criticism.
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm

You don’t mean..half an hour.. could be career ending.
rumpo kid

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:I think that’s their point.. he’s got all the ability in the World, but for whatever reason seems unable to reproduce it with any consistency. Hopefully that will change with this Manager.

He has had one good game,lets not beat around the bush here! A couple of good passes/runs doesnt mean he has proved anything as of yet.
I hope he can now push on,and become the £11m player we hoped he would become,but the jury is still out for me.being consistent means more than what he has been of late to me.As I have said,and i have done,he will get equal amounts of praise when he plays well,as the amount of stick he gets when he doesnt.but his body language needs to change,especially when he isnt doing too good.he gives off the wrong kind of messages at present,thus leaving himself open to being criticized.
bluesince62

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:52 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

He has had one good game,lets not beat around the bush here! A couple of good passes/runs doesnt mean he has proved anything as of yet.
I hope he can now push on,and become the £11m player we hoped he would become,but the jury is still out for me.being consistent means more than what he has been of late to me.As I have said,and i have done,he will get equal amounts of praise when he plays well,as the amount of stick he gets when he doesnt.but his body language needs to change,especially when he isnt doing too good.he gives off the wrong kind of messages at present,thus leaving himself open to being criticized.

He doesn’t need to become an £11 million player in my opinion as he didn’t ask to be purchased for that amount, but I agree that he does need to be more consistent. As for the body language, that depends on how people interpret it and just because he doesn’t go slapping the badge, doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t care. Whittingham was often criticised for his laid back approach, despite being one of the best players to ever represent the club. I think if Murphy’s performances are good, the body language is irrelevant, but there will always be fans who want 11 “fist pumpers” on the pitch.
103 Barmy Army

Postby skiprat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Fickle fans that's just it fans not supporters. Those with the biggest mouths are usually the ones who never go and support the club just chopse off on here.
skiprat

Postby maccydee » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:37 pm

skiprat wrote:Fickle fans that's just it fans not supporters. Those with the biggest mouths are usually the ones who never go and support the club just chopse off on here.

My original post has been proven correct in many ways.

Criticism is due but over reaction is crazy.

He has made mistakes (not picking Wilson) but many of what people are saying is hindsight.
maccydee

Re: Fickleness

Postby cardiff 74 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

Nice of you to give them the platform to start, Neil... ;) :roll:

He’s just on a wind up again mate.

A few comments about how poor the team played and Murphy in particular.
Was just some posters speaking the truth and I see nothing wrong with that.

WUM

Nor me Paul, fans are allowed to express their feelings after a game and how they feel, does not make them fickle? because they feel a player had a bad game. :thumbright: :bluebird:
you’re right lads you see the game as you see it we have a right to have a opinion we pay enough money to follow city
cardiff 74

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:15 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

WUM

Nor me Paul, fans are allowed to express their feelings after a game and how they feel, does not make them fickle? because they feel a player had a bad game. :thumbright: :bluebird:
you’re right lads you see the game as you see it we have a right to have a opinion we pay enough money to follow city

Exactly Martin :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:53 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

They will turn on Mick.

Horrible fans.

WUM

And I am too entitled to have an opinion and to be fair my post was correct.

Some have turned on him after a couple of bad results. As I predicted.

They are also turning on the players.

Of course it’s their right to do that. As it is my right to call them out for it.
maccydee

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Hear hear :occasion5: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:56 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Hear hear :occasion5: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat