Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOW: ITS UNBELIEVABLE REALLY

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:55 am

Just seen this on FB:

Wayne Dib Anderson Department store manager & professional football Lee Tomlin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WOW: ITS UNBELIEVABLE REALLY

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:06 am

Absolutely shocking professional football player Lee Tomlin on £28,000 a week and store manager lucky to earn that in one year (edited). And to think some stick up for him and he plays for us :shock:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:07 am

32 years old and never changed his ways really

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:13 am

Hopefully things like this will push Tomlin to come back even stronger and fitter again and City get 6weeks out of him this season and a whole good season next season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 am

I will stick up for him here, before he had his bad injury he was in the best shape of his career, hes coming back from that and has only just started to play again I will judge him in a few weeks, he's not on 28k aweek either its 19k still a lot tho

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:42 am

Tomlin is talent gone wasted 32 years old and been a problem at every club, had the talent but not the head.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:01 am

wez1927 wrote:I will stick up for him here, before he had his bad injury he was in the best shape of his career, hes coming back from that and has only just started to play again I will judge him in a few weeks, he's not on 28k aweek either its 19k still a lot tho

I was told £25,000 a week, but the Posh owner stated it’s £28,000 a week.

Over 3 and a half years and just over 50 appearances, not good enough.

Plus it’s exactly same story with all his previous clubs.

Has the talent.

Only played well for us when a new contract was due.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:24 am

I love this forum with so many people claiming to know how much our players earn every week. You couldn't make it up - oh wait a minute ........

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:30 am

wez1927 wrote:I will stick up for him here, before he had his bad injury he was in the best shape of his career, hes coming back from that and has only just started to play again I will judge him in a few weeks, he's not on 28k aweek either its 19k still a lot tho

is this a guessing game... 22k ?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:31 am

I’m not sure how much exercise he is able to do after a hip operation. A hip op he required after playing while injured trying to get us up last season.

That would explain it. Let’s see what sort of state he’s in in a month if and when he gets back in the first team. It might even be next year.

This was him June 2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:45 am

maccydee wrote:I’m not sure how much exercise he is able to do after a hip operation. A hip op he required after playing while injured trying to get us up last season.

That would explain it. Let’s see what sort of state he’s in in a month if and when he gets back in the first team. It might even be next year.

This was him June 2019.

how about a few pics of Xmas 2017 and 2018... and the ones of him holding his tummy in at the start of the 18/19 season .....
yes mate ,last season he was very very good... 1 season out of 4... very unfortunate with injuries this year but the frustration is more to do with his overall contribution / lack of fitness...

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:I’m not sure how much exercise he is able to do after a hip operation. A hip op he required after playing while injured trying to get us up last season.

This was him June 2019.

how about a few pics of Xmas 2017 and 2018... and the ones of him holding his tummy in at the start of the 18/19 season .....
yes mate ,last season he was very very good... 1 season out of 4... very unfortunate with injuries this year but the frustration is more to do with his overall contribution / lack of fitness...

I’m with you 1,000% The facts are there high wages and 50 odd appearances in over 3 and a half years and been the same with all his clubs, real problems on and of the pitch.

The sad part is, Tomlin is pure quality on his day but 100% has never been consistent with any of his clubs. And that’s totally down to him, NO one else.

I’m not going to put it all out, but 2014, 15,16,17,18,19 etc there have been problems on and if the pitch.

My point is how many chances do you give someone costing you £millions?

He is 32 now and to get fully fit he is taking a long time and that’s down to him.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Tomlin is wearing a Cardiff City shirt and that’s embarrassing and No one can deny that.

And Dibs is Sadly spot on.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:25 pm

Even Darren Ferguson blew him out

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:26 pm

On Dibs FB:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:43 pm

skidemin wrote:

This was him June 2019.

Absolutely he has let himself down. Can’t deny that. I am firmly on the side of Warnock when it comes to he and Tomlin (although he did buy him) however what I said can’t be denied. He had got himself into good shape start of 2019/20 season.

He was given a new deal due to his form. There weren’t many against that at the time.

Now with hindsight it’s easy to slate the club.

Does Bennett deserve a new deal? Of course there are differences between them but what if Bennett gets a new deal and then struggles to get back and doesn’t play much for us again.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:36 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

This was him June 2019.

Absolutely he has let himself down. Can’t deny that. I am firmly on the side of Warnock when it comes to he and Tomlin (although he did buy him) however what I said can’t be denied. He had got himself into good shape start of 2019/20 season.

He was given a new deal due to his form. There weren’t many against that at the time.

Does Bennett deserve a new deal? Of course there are differences between them but what if Bennett gets a new deal and then struggles to get back and doesn’t play much for us again.

whether offered a new deal on not i dont see the Bennett comparison here at all...

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

This was him June 2019.

whether offered a new deal on not i dont see the Bennett comparison here at all...

A player injured playing for the club. Out of contract end of the season. 20k a week. Won’t play well into the next season.

Lots of similarities.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:45 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

This was him June 2019.

A player injured playing for the club. Out of contract end of the season. 20k a week. Won’t play well into the next season.

Lots of similarities.

come off it...Joe has been a good servant here ..maybe they both have blue underpants on thursdays as well ?

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:00 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

This was him June 2019.

Lots of similarities.

come off it...Joe has been a good servant here ..maybe they both have blue underpants on thursdays as well ?

He absolutely has.

But when Harris was manager Bennett was one that some were happy to see the back of at the end of the season.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Has the talent.

warnock said in the press its no where near reported on numerous occasions,he needs to get fit best player at the club

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Has the talent.

https://www.google,com/amp/s/www.waleso ... 008033.amp

insisted Tomlin, who spent four years with Posh earlier in his career, was now pocketing £28,000-a-week wages at Cardiff City Stadium after his agent blocked a move to London Road.

The 41-year-old Dubliner said: “Lee contacted me and asked about coming back, but his agent wanted him to stay in the Championship. We made the call to Bristol City, but it didn’t work out and Lee is now on £28k a week at Cardiff!”

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:30 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Has the talent.

insisted Tomlin, who spent four years with Posh earlier in his career, was now pocketing £28,000-a-week wages at Cardiff City Stadium after his agent blocked a move to London Road.

The 41-year-old Dubliner said: “Lee contacted me and asked about coming back, but his agent wanted him to stay in the Championship. We made the call to Bristol City, but it didn’t work out and Lee is now on £28k a week at Cardiff!”

I reckon £25,000 as I was told, but if it’s £28,000 I was wrong.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:56 pm

Replies Fb:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Has the talent.

I reckon £25,000 as I was told, but if it’s £28,000 I was wrong.

Warnock rubbished this tho said the Peterborough owner was talking rubbish ,19k hes was on defo I will get the article

Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:27 pm

There are two idiots sticking up for Tomlin, they can not be serious, maybe they are jacks as Tomlin is ripping our club off :evil:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Who ate all the pies lee tomlin fatty lee tomlin

Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:51 pm

Ninian27 wrote:There are two idiots sticking up for Tomlin, they can not be serious, maybe they are jacks as Tomlin is ripping our club off :evil:

Our club knew his fitness and injury history and had a team of medical staff assess him and decided it was worth signing him and giving him a contract and then deciding it was worth giving him a new contract after an injury/fitness riddled career at Cardiff.

It’s not as if Lee stormed into the room and waved a gun around until he got the money he wanted...

Sorry if that goes against your narrative. Oops, guess there’s 3 Jacks in this thread now :roll:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:04 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:There are two idiots sticking up for Tomlin, they can not be serious, maybe they are jacks as Tomlin is ripping our club off :evil:

Our club knew his fitness and injury history and had a team of medical staff assess him and decided it was worth signing him and giving him a contract and then deciding it was worth giving him a new contract after an injury/fitness riddled career at Cardiff.

It’s not as if Lee stormed into the room and waved a gun around until he got the money he wanted...

Sorry if that goes against your narrative. Oops, guess there’s 3 Jacks in this thread now :roll:

Four of us brother :D

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:43 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

Make it 5

Genuinly lost for words aswell as the bloke who made the post has struggled with his weight for years and you would think more than anyone would know the battle some people go through with weight issues irrespective of how much money you might have in the bank.