Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW / OPINION:BIG MICKS TROJANS SMASH COOPERS JACKS

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:25 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

BIG MICK / STEVE COOPER AND BIG MICK'S TROJANS TAKE THE WIN FOR THE MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

TODAY V THE JACKS WAS BIG MICKS BIGGEST TEST SO FAR AS A CARDIFF CITY MANAGER.

111 games between Cardiff / Swansea and still No one has done the double.

AND YES WEST WALES IS QUITE TONIGHT / THANKS TO BIG MICKS TROJANS :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

ONLY 1 DEFEAT NOW IN 14 GAMES UNDER BIG MICK / JUST BRILLIANT & UNDEFEATED AWAY FROM HOME UNDER BIG MICK :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Play -offs are still on :bluebird: :bluebird:

Morrison / Flint so solid :bluebird: :bluebird:
The way the Jacks tore Cardiff apart in the last game under Neil Harris, from the first minute under Mick McCarthy that was never happening :bluebird: :bluebird:

First-half: Cardiff were very comfortable going in at 1nil and if Kieffer Moore had not missed a sitter it could of been 2nil.
A very solid opening 45 minutes from Cardiff, who should really be 2-0 up after Woodman's howler.

Second-half: Swansea really took it to Cardiff and hit the post, Flint blocked a couple of times.

Told you Flint was excellent. He wON it back brilliantly in the middle of the park time and time again :thumbright: :bluebird:

SWANSEA CITY 0 CARDIFF CITY 1 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
H-T 0-1

Dillon Phillips, Tom Sang. Sean Morrison, Aden Flint, Ciaron Brow, Joe Ralls
Will Vaulks, Marlon Pack, Leandro Bacuna, Harry Wilson, Kieffer Moore

Subs: Alex Smithies, Sam Bowen, Jonny Williams,Rubin Colwill
Junior Hoilett, Sheyi Ojo, Josh Murphy,Max Watters, Mark Harris

8mins:

GOAL! Swansea City 0-1 Cardiff CIty (Flint) :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Will Vaulks long throw causes chaos in the Swansea box.

A little bit of pinball in the box, sees Woodman produce a fine save to deny Brown from close range, but the rebound is powered home by the head of Flint :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

41mins: Kieffer Moore want an opportunity wasted, just the Swansea goalie to beat and virtually tapped the ball to him :shock: :shock:

A very solid opening 45 minutes from Cardiff, who should really be 2-0 up after Woodman's howler.

H-T 0-1 :bluebird:

Swansea came out and took it to Cardiff, Cardiff held strong and counter attacked.

Cardiff stood firm.

66mins
Bacuna off Murphy on :bluebird:

Jacks hit the post.

Aden Flint blocked a shot.

The way the Jacks tore Cardiff apart in the last game under Neil Harris, from the first minute under Mick McCarthy that was never happening :bluebird: :bluebird:

Morrison / Flint so solid :bluebird: :bluebird:

84 mins Harry Wilson off Ojo on.

It was backs to the walls for Big Micks Trojans.

Phillips great save :bluebird:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH ADEN FLINT :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION:BIG MICK / STEVE COOPER AND BIG MICK'S

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Get in there ..... :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION:BIG MICK / STEVE COOPER AND BIG MICK'S

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Absolutely fantastic. Just another game? WTF.

So happy. My prediction irrelevant even though 50% correct.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards

Charge!!!!!

:occasion5: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :D

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION:BIG MICKS TROJANS SMASH KEITH COOPERS

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:30 pm

Get in there :bluescarf: :bluescarf:.

Though Flint and Morrison were immense, this win could be massive for us.

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION:BIG MICKS TROJANS SMASH KEITH COOPERS

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:32 pm

Such a determined display ...great fight from the boys ...MM stamped all over this performance.
Aden Flint mom ...absolutely outstanding.
Showed that his transformation for us is complete with the winner ....
Great result
Bluebirds!!!!!!

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION:BIG MICKS TROJANS SMASH COOPERS JACKS

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:32 pm

Like watching custers last stand but with better result! :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:34 pm

Absolutely buzzing, first time we've beat them since 2013 and our defending was heroic :bluebird:

Aden Flint my MOTM but could have gone to any of the three centre backs.

Massive win because it puts us back in touch with the top six, with results going our way today.

Now to celebrate with a few drinks :occasion5: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:36 pm

like all our fans , I get so worked up, I need to calm down now! The win was great to give us a chance again for top 6 so double delighted.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Immense defending in the second half.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Like watching custers last stand but with better result! :bluescarf:

Unless you were on Custer's opposing side :)

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:41 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Like watching custers last stand but with better result! :bluescarf:

Unless you were on Custer's opposing side :)

Swansea's arrows didn't strike home only one on target! :lol:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Updated:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:46 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:46 pm

Normal service resumes in South Wales !!! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:53 pm

loved the way the team went into a huddle at the end

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:55 pm

Jacks had one shot on target and we had 7!

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:59 pm

carlton58 wrote:loved the way the team went into a huddle at the end

Absolutely. They celebrated like that to take the piss out of the jerks who did it at ours. Revenge is sweet. Old fish eyes has never looked uglier.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:00 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
carlton58 wrote:loved the way the team went into a huddle at the end

Absolutely. They celebrated like that to take the piss out of the jerks who did it at ours. Revenge is sweet. Old fish eyes has never looked uglier.

Love it. Hope they’re singing in the changing rooms too.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Swansealona 0 The team that's bigger than Barcelona 1

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:50 am

Cardiff City: McCarthy was motivated by unwanted Swansea stat

BBC

Sunday 21st March 2021

Swansea City 0-1 Cardiff City: My nerves were shredded - McCarthy

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy says he was motivated by wanting to avoid making south Wales derby history.

No side has won a league double in the Swansea-Cardiff rivalry, a statistic that remains intact after Aden Flint gave Cardiff a 1-0 win at Liberty Stadium.

MICK McCARTHY:

"Nobody had ever won both games and I certainly didn't want it to be me," McCarthy said.

"We put a lot of work in and the lads gave everything they have got.

Cardiff had to defend resolutely in the second half, but McCarthy thought they were worth the win.

"It wasn't always composed, but the defending was good, last-ditch tackles, blocks.

"I am thrilled with them."

McCarthy and his staff celebrated wildly at the final whistle and said that Cardiff had been motivated by the Swansea celebrations at Cardiff City Stadium after the reverse fixture.

"I wanted to get back on the tail-end of the play-offs and with this win we have done it," he said.

"The players had motivation prior to the game as Swansea did that at our place, they celebrated like they won the league, our boys just reciprocated, that was all."

Swansea boss Steve Cooper felt his side played well and wants them to remember the strong position they are in to push on and get promoted to the Premier League.

STEVE COOPER:

"It means nothing, but it's as well as we have played for a while, probably since Bristol City here and we lost that game as well," he said.

"The bigger picture is that we are in a really positive league position, one that will be envied by all the teams below us.

"What are we, third? I don't think many people would have put us here at this stage at the start of the season.

"It's a tough one to get over, I won't lie, but we have got to make sure we come back strongly now with nine games to go."

Cooper says his side can bounce back.

"We have got to make sure we regroup, we stay focused, we stick to our plan or working and playing," he added.

"There was nothing wrong with how we played, it was just the important bit at the end.

"But we'll get over the disappointment of today and there's only one way to go and that's to go for it."

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:59 am

Swansea head coach Steve Cooper:

"There's great disappointment because it's a massive game for everybody and we have come out on the wrong end of it.

"The way it's happened as well, at the moment it's difficult to get our head around it. We have conceded off a long throw which we knew was coming.

"Then it's been all us. We have played some brilliant football, we have created lots of chances, we have dominated every single stat you want to dominate apart from the most important one and that's the score. It's a tough one to take."

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:00 am

MICK McCARTHY:

"We've had to be really solid as a defensive unit.

"Maybe it was our night, you carry a bit of luck and I am happy to carry a bit of luck.

"It was a very, very hard earned victory and we are very happy.

"It was a big win, we know how big a game this is in this part of the world and we showed that togetherness again today, how much it meant to the players to get the win."

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:51 pm

Outstanding performance from the defence paticularly the three centre backs but it was a bit worrying how our midfield disappeared in the second half and were mainly there to chase Swansea players around. We will need to do more than that to get in the playoffs. No complaints really Swansea are probably the best side we will play on our run in and we have got three points.

Another concern is Moore could do with a rest. He has missed three cleat cut chances in the last two games. Thought McCartthy should have taken him off for a fresh pair of legs with about 20 minutes to do. Actually think the pace and energy of Harris would have caused more problems for Swansea.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Out of 23 occasions where the first derby has been won by one team, the other has won the return fixture 18 times.

I think it's also remarkable that the team that lost the first derby kept a clean sheet on 13 occasions, including 8 of the last 10 times.