Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Tom Sang ‘

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Thought he was absolute quality tonight!

To come into a South Wales derby after only making a handful appearances I don’t think he looked out of place.

Weird how he didn’t get much game time at Cheltenham

Every man was good tonight but the defence were absolutely solid

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=221258 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: ‘ Tom Sang ‘

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:06 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Thought he was absolute quality tonight!

To come into a South Wales derby after only making a handful appearances I don’t think he looked out of place.

I thought he was excellent too mate. In defence and on the ball.
Flint just beat him to MoM imo.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:06 pm

Great to see these youngsters coming through

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:07 pm

The two young players, him and Ciaron Brown, were phenomenal.

Didn't look out of their depth at all.

I was worried about Sang when his loan at Cheltenham didn't really work out, but he's proved he's more than capable.

Well done to Ralls as well, playing at left wing back. He made a couple of mistakes but mostly coped well in an unfamiliar position.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:23 pm

Sang has been excellent in all his starts so far. What I really like is he gets his head up and looks to play whenever he has the ball instead of just launching it forward.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:45 pm

No need for another right back this summer, tremendous performance today

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:51 pm

Sang has found his best position don't think he would have made it as a winger but as ex Man Utd obviously has quality. Looks a great prospect now as his defending is impressive. Liked the look of Brown when he played at Taffs Well a couple of years ago

Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Fantastic by the young lad...wasn't regular at Cheltenham but been impressed since he come into the team..

Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Great game by him. And considering we're missing out first choice LB and RB. Awesome.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:04 pm

He is a cm not a wingback (IMO) some of his passes are passes and not hit and hope stuff. It whether he can battle is the question.

A massive positive

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:23 pm

So impressed With Sang and Ciaran Browne. Both no where near the first team under Harris but MM came in, clean slate for everyone. Both these lads have stepped up due to injuries, but have taken their chance, and to put in that performance in such a massive game was superb. Playing with the likes of Morrison, Flint, Ralls etc , and knowing the manager rates them can only make them better :clap: :clap:

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:54 am

blocked every cross, can't ask more than that.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:31 am

I like many had judged the kid by the fact he did not seem to do well at Cheltenham but all i have seen from him so far has been quality Composed on the ball and so far sound in defence as a wing back City could have saved themselves some money here

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:21 am

Excellent pergormance especially in the first half!

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:33 am

Sang, Bagan & Brown have shown that they're all more than capable.

It's always a good idea to be cautious when introducing a few youngsters at once but due to injury we had to do it and it's working well.

Colwill is apparently another good player, although I can't say we've seen much of him in the 1st team.

It feels good to finally be excited about players coming through.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:07 am

Useless Tom Sang fact! His dad Neil is Lee trundles agent.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:15 am

Cant fault sang and brown since they have come in. Thrown in at the deep end and have dealt with the pressure very well.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Abergavenny wrote:I like many had judged the kid by the fact he did not seem to do well at Cheltenham but all i have seen from him so far has been quality Composed on the ball and so far sound in defence as a wing back City could have saved themselves some money here

Me too. Looks a good player completely at home at this level. Wonder if we can play him as a midfielder when we get out first choice full backs back. Obviously we would have to knock this passing the ball to our own players thing out of him and teach him to lump the ball forward aimlessly at every opportunity but that shouldn't be too hard.

Was going to say if we lost to Swansea and were effectively out of the playoffs,and we would have been,not mathematically but realistically we should blood some of the other talented youngsters. But we are still in it. We

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:23 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Useless Tom Sang fact! His dad Neil is Lee trundles agent.

Had to read that twice thought you called sang useless for a second lol

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:26 am

“ CARDIFF CITY’S YOUNG GUNS “
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=221258
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:06 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Thought he was absolute quality tonight!

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=221258 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Early days but he looked very composed in what must be a high pressure game for young players, well done Sang, outstanding performance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:12 am

boyo1927 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Useless Tom Sang fact! His dad Neil is Lee trundles agent.

Had to read that twice thought you called sang useless for a second lol

I thought the same :lol:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:41 am

llan bluebird wrote:He is a cm not a wingback (IMO) some of his passes are passes and not hit and hope stuff. It whether he can battle is the question.

A massive positive

From memory, he hit an unbelievable pass in the second half into the pass of Moore - he kind of curled it around their right back. If his passing is that good consistently, then would love to see what he could do in a more central role. We have been great under MM but I still can’t help thinking how good we could be if we got the ball into Wilson/Moore etc at their feet through the middle of the park.