Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'You are such a t***!' & "You are such a f****** t***!"

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:37 am

'You are such a t***!' The unheard Swansea City v Cardiff City conversations as emotions boil over in South Wales derby

Cardiff City came out on top at the Liberty Stadium in a toughly-fought encounter, here is what was said on the pitch and on the touchlines on Saturday afternoon

Sunday 21st March 2021

As was expected, Saturday evening's South Wales derby brought emotions to the boil down at the Liberty Stadium.

It was the hardest-fought competition in recent memory, with Swansea having won two of the previous three quite comfortably and the other, a draw at Cardiff City Stadium, having been a fairly drab affair.

It was a real fist-fight, not literally, on Saturday, though, with Cardiff having to dig in deep to preserve their one-goal lead amid an onslaught from the Swans in the second half.

Cardiff opened the scoring after just eight minutes though Aden Flint's well-taken header as the visitors looked the more comfortable of the two during the first half.

But the second half was far more cagey and the Bluebirds were getting seriously tested and it was clear to see that the pressure had permeated to the touchline, with Mick McCarthy and his assistant Terry Connor audibly voicing their instructions from the touchline.

Dillon Phillips bore the brunt of it as the game trickled towards its conclusion. On one occasion, the ball trickled towards the goalkeeper in the box and he opted not to pick it up, instead choosing to waste a few precious seconds by dribbling it around in the box.

Andre Ayew noticed and began hunting him down, which prompted McCarthy to bellow: "Pick the f****** thing up, you!"

As Cardiff looked to get out of their own half for some breathing space as the clock ticked towards full time, the plan was to send the ball up to Kieffer Moore, so he could flick on a header and City could play deep in Swansea's half.

But Phillips made more than one errant kick, immediately ceding possession and inviting pressure in the process, and at one point a despondent McCarthy, with his arms in the air and more than a hint of tongue in his cheek, screamed: "You are such a f****** t***!"

It was yelled in jest more than anything and it drew more than a couple of giggles from the press box.

With Swansea ramping up the pressure, the second half brought out the most vocal side of McCarthy, that is for sure.

When Will Vaulks conceded a free-kick in a dangerous position, the manager screamed: "Vaulksy, stop f******g giving free-kicks away!"

After Josh Murphy was introduced in the second half, he failed to get up to speed with the pressing and positional play straight away and McCarthy barked at him constantly.

"I'm not going to scream at you all night Josh!" McCarthy said. But it turns out, he did.

Swansea, on the other hand, were far quieter than their counterparts. Only Ayew, at times, would berate the referee for what he deemed to be a poor decision, while the other players on the pitch were far harder to hear.

The most animated the Swansea bench got was when Vaulks entered into a heavy challenge with Jake Bidwell just after the half-hour mark.

Steve Cooper and his coaching staff went up in arms as a collective, believing that the Wales international had left a foot in on the Swans player. They screamed at referee Paul Tierney to caution, or perhaps even send off, Vaulks, but the official was having none of it.

Tierney snapped back at the Swans bench: "Just because you all jump up doesn't mean I'll caution him, now pack it in!"

It had all the blood and thunder you would expect of derby day.

Cardiff joined together in a huddle at the end of the match, a cheeky dig at their counterpart's celebrations after their derby win in the Welsh capital back in December, as you could see just how much it meant to them.

Sean Morrison in particular looked pumped up after the final whistle went and his made a beeline for the press area after the match before he screamed something inaudible up towards the stands in what appeared to be a pointed jibe at someone in particular.

But, as his post-match interview attests, that one meant a lot to him and he dedicated it to the City fans, who had waited seven-and-a-half years for that precious derby win.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 'You are such a t***!' & "You are such a f****** t***!"

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:53 am

Seeing and hearing such passion is in the DNA of most Cardiff fans whereas our counterparts down the road are more concerned about passing stats etc. That's why we won yesterday pure passion! And long may it continue :bluebird:

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:07 am

From that I get the impression Phillips could lose his place.

Perhaps a bit of immaturity from him trying to waste a few seconds with the ball in our 18 yard box OR perhaps he is showing confidence which is not seen by MM. I'm an advocate of of if you want to waste time then waste it in the opponents half. The time you save wasting time in your own penalty box can be doubled by pumping the ball into the opponents half and making them collect it to play it forward again. Then there is always the possibility they might panic and give it away. While it remains in our penalty box the chance increases that the ball could be given away.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:From that I get the impression Phillips could lose his place.

Perhaps a bit of immaturity from him trying to waste a few seconds with the ball in our 18 yard box OR perhaps he is showing confidence which is not seen by MM. I'm an advocate of of if you want to waste time then waste it in the opponents half. The time you save wasting time in your own penalty box can be doubled by pumping the ball into the opponents half and making them collect it to play it forward again. Then there is always the possibility they might panic and give it away. While it remains in our penalty box the chance increases that the ball could be given away.

safe as houses mate , Mick was just all tensed up and certainly not be dropping him for being calm....
ive watched the game with no commentary... their bench shouted, screamed and appealed for everything as they do and have been very successful at doing....getting Brentfords left back sent off in last years play offs and winning no end of non penalties and non free kicks this season.....fortunately the ref yesterday was having none of it and went over and had words with Cooper twice.... did clearly hear Harry Wilson shouting at Kiefer Moore for not going down when fouled by their keeper.... he really needs to go over as thats 2 red cards he has saved them this season along with others against other teams by staying on his feet..... too honest by half...

Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:49 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:From that I get the impression Phillips could lose his place.

safe as houses mate , Mick was just all tensed up and certainly not be dropping him for being calm....
ive watched the game with no commentary... their bench shouted, screamed and appealed for everything as they do and have been very successful at doing....getting Brentfords left back sent off in last years play offs and winning no end of non penalties and non free kicks this season.....fortunately the ref yesterday was having none of it and went over and had words with Cooper twice.... did clearly hear Harry Wilson shouting at Kiefer Moore for not going down when fouled by their keeper.... he really needs to go over as thats 2 red cards he has saved them this season along with others against other teams by staying on his feet..... too honest by half...

I said the same after the derby defeat. If Moore went down, that defender would have picked up a second yellow. Would have changed the game so early on. Wouldn't encourage diving but there's a difference between diving and going down under a tackle.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I said the same after the derby defeat. If Moore went down, that defender would have picked up a second yellow. Would have changed the game so early on. Wouldn't encourage diving but there's a difference between diving and going down under a tackle.

there was definitely contact yesterday and the keeper was last man... if you watch it again Harry is visually throwing his arms in the air...at Kiefer... he is shouting FFS Kiefer go down...

Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Thought I was looking at my incoming text messages when I saw the title of this topic.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Thought I was looking at my incoming text messages when I saw the title of this topic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:46 pm

MM showing he cares and i love it.......

I do the same and sometime post during the game or shortly after and its just emotional bollox.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:10 pm

I love the passion from MM he shows he cares and actually wants to do a good job here well done

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:30 am

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

there was definitely contact yesterday and the keeper was last man... if you watch it again Harry is visually throwing his arms in the air...at Kiefer... he is shouting FFS Kiefer go down...

I saw that and though the same, if he had gone down the keeper could have been sent off with a free kick in a dangerous area, a new keeper and only ten men with two early substitutions for Swansea neither for tactual reasons!

Still we won without cheating :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Thought I was looking at my incoming text messages when I saw the title of this topic.

I thought it was my text messages about Barnet Blue or Ninian 27. ;)

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:08 pm

What I love about Mick is his passion for Cardiff City and having a great record since he has taken over to top it off beating them Jack twats has made him a true Bluebird in my eyes