Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T EU showing their true colours

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:17 am

Over this vaccine ,they left it to late to place orders we got there first ,they have tried all the tricks like the blood clots,it's no good for old people hoping people in th UK would stop using it ,it has not worked now they are trying to stop it being shipped here , Nigel farage was right what they are like ,and on top of this as well it's looking like the EU death rate is a lot higher than originally reported ,discrasful actions by the EU

Re: O/T EU showing their true colours

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:46 pm

I dont see how they can legally block exports.
A legitimate company has a legally signed contract with a Govt.
If the contract cant be fulfilled - UK Govt will sue the company , in return the company will counter sue the EU for restraint of trade.

It will end up the EU court and they will have to side with the company. The EU contract will be fulfilled as and when other contracts have been fulfilled. The EU are dealing with a large Pharma co - I doubt very much whether there is any wriggle room in that contract for the EU.

The EU would also do well to remember that the AZ/OX vax is being sold at cost (£3), Pfizer is about £40 and Moderna is about £60 if I remember right.

You're right it didnt take long for the EU to show their true colours . They did it within 28 days over Brexit happening in Northern Ireland.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:04 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I dont see how they can legally block exports.
A legitimate company has a legally signed contract with a Govt.
If the contract cant be fulfilled - UK Govt will sue the company , in return the company will counter sue the EU for restraint of trade.

It will end up the EU court and they will have to side with the company. The EU contract will be fulfilled as and when other contracts have been fulfilled. The EU are dealing with a large Pharma co - I doubt very much whether there is any wriggle room in that contract for the EU.

The EU would also do well to remember that the AZ/OX vax is being sold at cost (£3), Pfizer is about £40 and Moderna is about £60 if I remember right.

You're right it didnt take long for the EU to show their true colours . They did it within 28 days over Brexit happening in Northern Ireland.

There is a mechanism where they can ban exports Italy banned export of covid vaccine recently! EU is Just a selfish mob.....and are jealous of our ability to organise vaccines and its administration to uk people

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:27 pm

ion wrote:Over this vaccine ,they left it to late to place orders we got there first ,they have tried all the tricks like the blood clots,it's no good for old people hoping people in th UK would stop using it ,it has not worked now they are trying to stop it being shipped here , Nigel farage was right what they are like ,and on top of this as well it's looking like the EU death rate is a lot higher than originally reported ,discrasful actions by the EU

We are not in the EU anymore...

Jyst be grateful and look forward not sideways :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:42 pm

Its mainly the result of vaccine nationalism last summer. That saw the French insist on a large slice of the pie for Sanofi and the Germans insist on a similar slice for CureVac. Together they accounted for 40% of those initial orders and to date they haven't produced a single jab between them and wont anytime soon.

Oh and of course they know how much the AZ jab cost given its publicly funded and R and D and production at cost philosophy. Its going to seriously undermine the potential of their own Pharma companies to profit out of this crisis hence the desire to rubbish the competition.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:33 pm

ion wrote:Over this vaccine ,they left it to late to place orders we got there first ,they have tried all the tricks like the blood clots,it's no good for old people hoping people in th UK would stop using it ,it has not worked now they are trying to stop it being shipped here , Nigel farage was right what they are like ,and on top of this as well it's looking like the EU death rate is a lot higher than originally reported ,discrasful actions by the EU

Who gives a f**k. You sound like the guy still I. Love with his ex.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:51 pm

The main component of the Pfizer vaccine is made in Cheshire, play tit for tat, you can have it when we get our Astra Zeneca vaccine supplies form EU :thumbup:

It won't come to that though, Boris is already negotiating with his EU allies, it will all blow over :thumbup:

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:33 pm

I’d be having a word with Pfizer and offering some very good sweetners to bring their production facilities here. Let’s make ourselves as self sustainable as possible and also be seen to be helping other countries who the eh are blocking.

Let’s also not forget that biontech actually started the mRNA technology to fight cancer not viruses. It’s been a happy new application.

This technology has amazing potential and the likes of Pfizer/biontech and moderna will be at the heart of it. This could be a real boon for us if we are open and facilitating.