Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' The remarkable Aden Flint stat '

Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:02 am

' The remarkable Aden Flint stat '

Now, Cardiff fans, strap in for some snacky Flint content here.

When he was signed by Neil Warnock in the summer of 2019, it was widely acknowledged that he would contribute to City's goalscoring output.

While he started brightly last season on that front, after losing his place under Neil Harris he could not get a look-in.

He has rightly earned his spot back under McCarthy, but having played 17 games this season already, for both Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday, he was yet to score.

His derby winner on Saturday was his first of the season and with it marked a mightily impressive statistic.

Since August 2014, no defender has scored more goals in the English Football League than the Bluebirds defender, who now has 38 to his name in that time.

Given Cardiff are now really playing to his strengths, Bluebirds fans will hope there is more to come before the season is out.

Re: ' The remarkable Aden Flint stat '

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' The remarkable Aden Flint stat '

When he was signed by Neil Warnock in the summer of 2019, it was widely acknowledged that he would contribute to City's goalscoring output.

While he started brightly last season on that front, after losing his place under Neil Harris he could not get a look-in.

He has rightly earned his spot back under McCarthy, but having played 17 games this season already, for both Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday, he was yet to score.

His derby winner on Saturday was his first of the season and with it marked a mightily impressive statistic.

Since August 2014, no defender has scored more goals in the English Football League than the Bluebirds defender, who now has 38 to his name in that time.

Given Cardiff are now really playing to his strengths, Bluebirds fans will hope there is more to come before the season is out.

Great stats Annis, he will score more and take the pressure off Morrison :thumbup:

Imagine trying to set up to stop Flint, Morrison, Moore and the rest from corners and long throws, it's why no one really wants to play us right now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:45 pm

This really is a remarkable stat and one we will surely take advantage of...

I was going to do an Aiden Flint thread (may still do)

Growing in stature amongst the Bluebird faithful right now... :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' The remarkable Aden Flint stat '

Great stats Annis, he will score more and take the pressure off Morrison :thumbup:

Imagine trying to set up to stop Flint, Morrison, Moore and the rest from corners and long throws, it's why no one really wants to play us right now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mark, Flint certainly will, Harris nearly ruined a quality player.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:58 pm

My mate is a Boro fan and when we bought him, I asked him for his opinion. He said he and many other fans were glad he was sold to us as he was slow, a liability at the back and that we had massively overpaid.

For a while I agreed, and I normally say a player should be given a run before we judge. Flint, even when given games, failed to impress me. However, with a renewed confidence under MM and a formation that obviously suits him, I’m extremely impressed by him and our entire back line, including back up players. If we do miss out this season, the foundations are there ready for next season.