Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tomlin, Max Watters , Mark Harris: “ Cardiff City Tonigh

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:14 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Now Brum leading 2-1. OG by tralist GK.

#BCFCu23s force an error out of Russell and lead with little over five minutes to play. :cry:

Interesting we played with 3 trialists in the squad tonight, Annis. Thought Smithies or George Ratcliffe would have been GK.

Ratcliffle maybe with wales under 21’s not sure or

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Finishes 2-1.

Birmingham clearly a better team than us, so no shame in that.

Good for Watters to get another goal.

Tomlin played again but I'll be surprised if he's anywhere near the first team still.

Good for Watters as you say. Seems like a poacher. Wish we could get a 5-0 lead v Forest at ht so we could give him some first team action and rest Moore :lol:
Is Tomlin still looking fat / unfit?

Tomlin still doesn't look fully fit and not really contributing much.

In my opinion, I can't see him being near the first team squad for a while yet. Wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make into the match day squad this season.

Watters is taking his chances well. With him a lot will come down to whether he other things in his game. Moore is a brilliant player to have for defending set pieces, as well as his attacking qualities.

There's also a big difference between doing well in Under 23 games and being competent in the Championship.

That said, he has been on the bench recently so Mick obviously thinks he can trust him enough to be involved in the first team match day squad.

But, going by Mick's comments over recent weeks, he doesn't yet trust him enough for him to play many minutes. I think he sees more in Mark Harris, because of Harris' all-round game and ability to play behind the striker as well as being the front man.

Virtually spot on Ned :thumbright:

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:25 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Finishes 2-1.

Birmingham clearly a better team than us, so no shame in that.

Good for Watters to get another goal.

Tomlin played again but I'll be surprised if he's anywhere near the first team still.

Good for Watters as you say. Seems like a poacher. Wish we could get a 5-0 lead v Forest at ht so we could give him some first team action and rest Moore :lol:
Is Tomlin still looking fat / unfit?

Tomlin still doesn't look fully fit and not really contributing much.

In my opinion, I can't see him being near the first team squad for a while yet. Wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't make into the match day squad this season.

Watters is taking his chances well. With him a lot will come down to whether he other things in his game. Moore is a brilliant player to have for defending set pieces, as well as his attacking qualities.

There's also a big difference between doing well in Under 23 games and being competent in the Championship.

That said, he has been on the bench recently so Mick obviously thinks he can trust him enough to be involved in the first team match day squad.

But, going by Mick's comments over recent weeks, he doesn't yet trust him enough for him to play many minutes. I think he sees more in Mark Harris, because of Harris' all-round game and ability to play behind the striker as well as being the front man.

Cheers mate. Lots of sense there.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:17 pm

Always Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Now Brum leading 2-1. OG by tralist GK.

#BCFCu23s force an error out of Russell and lead with little over five minutes to play. :cry:

Interesting we played with 3 trialists in the squad tonight, Annis. Thought Smithies or George Ratcliffe would have been GK.

Ratcliffle maybe with wales under 21’s not sure or

yes he is , along with Bowen , Waite and Harris.... Harris played today ?

Re: UPDATED: Tomlin, Max Watters , Mark Harris: “Cardiff Cit

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:44 am

It was a great win on Saturday. But let's be honest with ourselves It was devoided of any class.
We need Tomlin back a.s.a.p

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am

stickywicket wrote:It was a great win on Saturday. But let's be honest with ourselves It was devoided of any class.
We need Tomlin back a.s.a.p

Depends what you mean by class I suppose.
We had two gilt edge chances apart from our goal that on another day would have been put away.
We defended like Trojans and apart from the last 10 mins, looked fairly comfortable imo.
We didn’t win the possession stats but that was never going to happen.
I do agree that a fit Tomlin would be a massive bonus to the current squad though :thumbup:

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 am

In other news, great to see Tavio d'Almeida return to the bench after an injury-ravaged start to the season. Good player :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:30 am

BLUES UNDER-23S BEAT CARDIFF CITY IN THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE ON MONDAY NIGHT.

BIRMINGHAM CITY FC:

Tuesday 23rd March 2021

Riley Mcgree had given Blues the lead shortly before the break with a cultured effort from distance before Max Watters equalised for Steve Morrison’s charges in the second-half

But an own goal inside the final ten-minutes ensured Blues left B9 with the points.

The victory secured a return to winning ways after the team were overcome by Sheffield United on their last outing

Played at St. Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Steve Spooner named no fewer than nine first team players in his starting XI.

Although, it was the visitors who made the brighter start and after wasting a series of set-piece opportunities they had the evening’s first effort on target. Mark Harris attempted a powerful curling shot which was beaten away by Andres Prieto in the Blues goal after eight minutes.

Blues responded with an attempt of their own in the 21st minute. Kyle Hurst and Keyendrah Simmonds combined, with the former Manchester City youngster stylishly flicking the ball to Yan Valery who tested the handling of Cardiff’s ‘keeper.

There was a further chance for the hosts shortly after, although Sam Cosgrove could only flash a header across goal from a McGree free-kick.

The first-half continued with more openings and both Mikel San José and Cosgrove threatened from corners before Steve Seddon stung the palms of the Bluebirds stopper who was a triallist.

And just as it seemed Blues would have to settle for parity at the break, the deadlock was broken in added time. McGree found space outside the area and his left-footed drive found the corner for the opener.

Half-time: Blues 1 Cardiff City 0

The beginning to the second-half was largely scrappy in its nature, with neither side able to control a midfield battle that Blues had a stranglehold of come the end of the opening 45.

But ahead of the hour mark, both outfits tested the men between the sticks. First Kieron Evans could only fire his long-range shot at Prieto, whilst at the other end, Seddon’s free header proved a comfortable grab for Cardiff’s goalkeeper.

From this Blues gained further territorial presence in the visitor’s half but it was against the run of play that an equaliser was found. Latching onto a long punt forward, Watters poked the ball past Prieto for the leveller.

Seddon almost immediately put Blues back ahead with a fiercesome effort that crashed back off the crossbar and, fortunately, Spooner’s men were not made to wait much longer for their lead back.

McGree’s corner was floated into the six-yard box and under pressure from Adan George, Cardiff’s keeper diverted the ball in for an own goal that proved decisive with 83 minutes on the clock.

Blues (4-4-2): Andres Prieto, Yan Valery, Josh Dacres Cogley, Jake Clarke-Salter, Steve Seddon, Mikel San Jose (captain) (Tate Campbell 76), Keyendrah Simmonds, Riley McGree, Kyle Hurst, Sam Cosgrove (Adan George 62), Jonathan Leko (Jayden Reid 62).

Substitutes not used: Zach Jeacock, Geraldo Bajrami.

Booking: None.

Cardiff City (4-4-2): Triallist, Owen Pritchard, Triallist, Keenan Patten (Tavio D’Almeida 64), Triallist, Jack Bodenham (captain), Isaak Davies, Lee Tomlin, Mark Harris, Max Watters, Kieron Evans.

Substitutes not used: Ryan Reynolds, Jamie Cogman, Taylor Jones.

Booking: None.

Referee: Mike Barlow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:Facebook users can watch live at the link below...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=b ... 0city%20fc

Bloody twitter!!! Not joining that to watch!

It’s free :bluebird: :bluebird:

As you know Annis, I dont do social media, free to join or otherwise.this is the only forum I use,and thats it for me, never done fb either!

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:53 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:Facebook users can watch live at the link below...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=b ... 0city%20fc

Bloody twitter!!! Not joining that to watch!

It’s free :bluebird: :bluebird:

As you know Annis, I dont do social media, free to join or otherwise.this is the only forum I use,and thats it for me, never done fb either!

Totally understand Paul :thumbright: :thumbright: