Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not a great result: ‘ Cardiff City this Wednesday’

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:10 am

Cardiff City U18’S forced to settle for a point on the road after a late equaliser.

City had scored in the 80th min and Colchester equalising in the 90th min.

Cardiff U18’S have had quite a rough time lately with defeats from lower league clubs U18’S and today having to settle for a draw with League 2 Colchester U18’S who are Leagues whipping boys.

Updated:

All square at the break in Essex. 0-0

Cardiff City u18’s play away to League 2 Colchester u18’s and should get back to winning ways after two defeats to two League 1 sides Charlton and Hull City.

Colchester are the whipping boys of this league.

COLCHESTER U18’S 1 CARDIFF CITY U18’S 1 :shock:
H-T 0-0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City this Wednesday’

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Here is how our U18 side line-up at @ColU_Official today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:25 pm

What's happened to Cian Ashford? Was banging in goals at 15 years of age for Cardiff's Academy and for Wales. Haven't seen him for a while. I'm assuming he's injured. Hope he hasn't been nicked by another club.
Any ITKs have any inside information?

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:32 pm

After 28mins change for the #Bluebirds - Eli King replaced by Rhys Schwank. (0-0)

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Good article about our promising youngsters. Further up the thread I asked about Cian Ashford as I hadn't seen his name in any of our teams lately. Looks like he's still at the club, which is very good news, and they have him earmarked for the u23s next season so they obviously rate him very highly. I guess he must be injured at the moment.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... h-20242958

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:52 pm

All square at the break in Essex.

Re: Not a great result: ‘ Cardiff City this Wednesday’

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Cardiff City U18’S forced to settle for a point on the road after a late equaliser.

City had scored in the 80th min and Colchester equalising in the 90th min.

Cardiff U18’S have had quite a rough time lately with defeats from lower league clubs U18’S and today having to settle for a draw with League 2 Colchester U18’S who are Leagues whipping boys.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:50 pm

moonboots wrote:What's happened to Cian Ashford? Was banging in goals at 15 years of age for Cardiff's Academy and for Wales. Haven't seen him for a while. I'm assuming he's injured. Hope he hasn't been nicked by another club.
Any ITKs have any inside information?

not ITK .. but he still qualifies for the under 16s and schoolboys.... and is in the Wales under 16 squad to play England this coming Sunday...

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
moonboots wrote:What's happened to Cian Ashford? Was banging in goals at 15 years of age for Cardiff's Academy and for Wales. Haven't seen him for a while. I'm assuming he's injured. Hope he hasn't been nicked by another club.
Any ITKs have any inside
not ITK .. but he still qualifies for the under 16s and schoolboys.... and is in the Wales under 16 squad to play England this coming Sunday...

:thumbup:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:23 pm

I think I read somewhere that Steve Morison said that the boys were more or less up against a senior 11 today. Not a bad result if that’s the case.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:52 am

BluebirdForever wrote:I think I read somewhere that Steve Morison said that the boys were more or less up against a senior 11 today. Not a bad result if that’s the case.

No that was the U23's side.

But we have fielded very strong U23 sides as well.

For me this was a very poor result as Colchester get hammered by everyone in this league and our recent results are back to how they were before February poor.