Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: Sky Sports Gareth Bale: “ My plan is to go back “

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:39 am

UPDATED:

Sky Sports

Gareth Bale plans to end his Tottenham stay at the end of the season and return to Real Madrid.

"I would like to be playing once again for Real Madrid at the start of next season as long as i am fully fit."

Sky Sports Gareth Bale:

"The main reason I came to Spurs was to play football. Going into the Euros I wanted to get match fitness. The original plan was to do a season at Spurs. My plan is to go back."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sky Sports Gareth Bale: “ My plan is to go back “

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Bale will end his career at City, no doubt about it.

If a City manager/chairman/committee had the guts and dream to pursue it, It may turn to a reality sooner than one would think.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Bale will end his career at City, no doubt about it.

If a City manager/chairman/committee had the guts and dream to pursue it, It may turn to a reality sooner than one would think.

How much sooner?

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:55 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Bale will end his career at City, no doubt about it.

think it has more to do with bank notes than guts....

Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Look, He said he wants to play here. Whether he will or not is up for debate, but I don't think it will come down to that many more ££'s.

If Gareth Bale wants to play for Cardiff, am sure he will make it happen.

Wouldn't be about the price, but the wages. Looking at the bigger picture, the extra sponsorship, extra crowds, extra shirt sales, a better opportunity for Premier League, then it could be a investment in the truest sense of the word.

It's a big 'If' though, and someone needs to make a move.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:23 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Look, He said he wants to play here. Whether he will or not is up for debate, but I don't think it will come down to that many more ££'s.

Wouldn't be about the price, but the wages. Looking at the bigger picture, the extra sponsorship, extra crowds, extra shirt sales, a better opportunity for Premier League, then it could be a investment in the truest sense of the word.

If it’s gonna happen it would be the season that starts august 2022. He will be out of contract at Real Madrid that June. We could get him fit for the World Cup should Wales qualify.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Look, He said he wants to play here. Whether he will or not is up for debate, but I don't think it will come down to that many more ££'s.

short term he has an enormous contract at RM which he shows no interest in not picking up...
longer term ? id imagine would depend on how next season goes and what money clubs in the MLS or China are prepared to throw at him.. thats assuming RM do not offer a contract extension which isnt completely impossible

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 am

skidemin wrote:

short term he has an enormous contract at RM which he shows no interest in not picking up...
longer term ? id imagine would depend on how next season goes and what money clubs in the MLS or China are prepared to throw at him.. thats assuming RM do not offer a contract extension which isnt completely impossible

Yeah, I think he'll go to China in 2022.

After all, he was all set to go there a couple of years ago before Real Madrid blocked it at the last second.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:37 am

Dont get me wrong I would love Gareth to come to Cardiff and I genuinely got excited when the article came out the other day when he spoke about being a Cardiff fan.

HOWEVER

It seems that money is a big factor in his decision making at the moment and its clear he his happy to sit on his Madrid contract. If a Chinese club were to come in with a silly salary he will head out there.

I don't think we will see him in a City shirt for a good while yet, if at all

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 am

I'm sure much of the Real Madrid situation is down to a mix of principle and stubbornness from Gareth, who has been treated disrespectfully by the outgoing Real Madrid manager and to some extent by the club itself, who seem to have done little to support him

I feel Gareth has 'stood up' to Madrid when others might (some have) crumbled user the pressure. From his point of view, he has a superb Agent in Jonathan Barnett and between them they are showing Madrid/Zidane they won't be dismissed so readily

On the flip side, it means Gareth hasn't had the game time he maybe should have but after his recent resurgence at Spurs, it may well eject him and his country come the Euros this summer

After that, who knows; but as a Bluebird I live in hope his future lies somewhere closer to home :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 am

UPDATED:

Sky Sports

Gareth Bale plans to end his Tottenham stay at the end of the season and return to Real Madrid.

"I would like to be playing once again for Real Madrid at the start of next season as long as i am fully fit."

Re: UPDATED: Sky Sports Gareth Bale: “ My plan is to go back

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:30 pm

I m just thinking is Gareth a tad selfish, they don't like him at Real Madrid, Zidane is not gonna play him if he still there ,he can ot play and get paid huge money seems to suit him

Re: UPDATED: Sky Sports Gareth Bale: “ My plan is to go back

Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:06 am

Scoularman wrote:I m just thinking is Gareth a tad selfish, they don't like him at Real Madrid, Zidane is not gonna play him if he still there ,he can ot play and get paid huge money seems to suit him

How is he selfish?

He moved to spurs from the warm comfort of Madrid so he could play and get himself fit for Wales for the Euros. Opposite of selfish.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:07 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah, I think he'll go to China in 2022.

After all, he was all set to go there a couple of years ago before Real Madrid blocked it at the last second.

Hasn’t the bottom fallen out of the Chinese football market money wise?