Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NO BULLYING AT CCFC / BUT '

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:00 am

' NO BULLYING AT CCFC / BUT '

Once again there have been allegations of bullying at Cardiff City's Academy and once again Cardiff City lose out as both the manager and assistant are suspended, but more than likely will disappear of the radar from Cardiff City like City lost Craig Bellamy.

I have spoken to a number of parents of some of the Academy kids and they all have nothing but praise for the Academy manager James McCarthy and assistant (been asked not to name him, he has gone back to where he was from) and likewise they had high praise for Craig Bellamy. Yes they say McCarthy & Bellamy were tough coaches and hard like old school, but they brought the best out of their kids on the pitch.

Apparently a couple of kids were not getting chosen to play enough and one of the parents accused once again the management of bullying, first they said favouritism, then it changed to bullying :roll: :roll:
Exactly what happened to Craig Bellamy.

I've been told there has been NO bullying at all and its sulky parents once gain not happy because their kids not chosen.

So Cardiff City lose out, I have slated the City Committee in the past for not bringing through kids and not putting the right management in, they have finally in recent years in Craig Bellamy & James McCarthy :thumbright: :bluebird:

BUT we will once again now lose these good coaches and go backwards, in my opinion this is not right.

We allowed a great kids coach like Craig Bellamy (Bells did it for Free) to leave and the Cardiff City Committee to me should of stood by him(nothing ever really happened) and I am hoping the CCFC Committee this time dont lose these pair and stand by them.

As i said the one who cant be named has no intentions of coming back and feels he has not been given a fair chance, lets hope the CCFC Committee look it to this more than they did for Bellamy and think its easier just to let them go.

For me all this hard work from our coaches will be lost just through parents/kids feeling their kids never made it and so made out they were bullied.

We were making real progress in the last 2years, so lets not go backwards :bluebird: :bluebird:

So CCFC Committee Support & Back your Staff :thumbright: :bluebird:

Daily Mail / Media Wales

Cardiff City academy manager James McCarthy has been suspended amid the club’s fresh investigation into ‘non-recent’ bullying claims, Sportsmail can reveal.

The club released a statement over the weekend saying that two members of staff had been suspended.

And we understand that McCarthy, academy chief since 2014, is one of those who has been stood down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NO BULLYING AT CCFC / BUT '

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:16 am

So CCFC Committee Support & Back your Staff :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:30 am

For me there is a fine line between bullying and being fair.

Some kids will react positively to hard treatment while other will struggle with it. For me its down to the management to judge how each kid reacts. If the management get it right then there is no need to be harsh.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:56 am

Cancel culture. Snowflake generation. Grow some cojones :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Why not just drop the kids who's parents are complaining? Trouble is these parents can see ££££ signs in their eyes and get shirty because little Tommy wont make it? so easy to accuse club for Tommy falling short at club...... but club in difficult position due to the blame culture and the hysteria we see today everytime theres a complaint of this nature.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:For me there is a fine line between bullying and being fair.

Some kids will react positively to hard treatment while other will struggle with it. For me its down to the management to judge how each kid reacts. If the management get it right then there is no need to be harsh.

There is but there shouldn't be. The definition of bullying in the work place now is that you could say one insensitive thing once, it can hurt someones feelings and they can claim you bullied them. It's pathetic.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:

There is but there shouldn't be. The definition of bullying in the work place now is that you could say one insensitive thing once, it can hurt someones feelings and they can claim you bullied them. It's pathetic.

Trouble is you cannot ignore or not take action otherwise be accused of sweeping it under carpet or worse? That's the culture now! If simply say will investigate and then say nothing found 2 months later kids parents will scream cover up ect ect

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Trouble is you cannot ignore or not take action otherwise be accused of sweeping it under carpet or worse? That's the culture now! If simply say will investigate and then say nothing found 2 months later kids parents will scream cover up ect ect

Indeed and its a very difficult subject to manage if truth be known.

i got bully at one place in the military and I has to suck it up as if I responded it would have been jankers (Jail) for me. When I left the military I worked at a place where the boss was ex military like me and he brought his bullying attitude with him. He started on me but this time I was not going to take it. I threatened him with a cricket bat and it work. Its not something i would recommend or want to do again but sometimes its required.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:

yes it can be like that.. partly because 3rd parties can no longer step in and put a stop to the bullying without ending up on reports themselves....but you dont get multiple people suspended over one insensitive remark or a player not chosen either ....if that were the case every academy in the country would be having similar investigations with staff suspended.
the first investigation ........ highlighted significant concerns relating to an unacceptable coaching enviroment... and robust changes to procedures had been since put in place.... so hardly hunky dorey and all is well there then....
personally i think the club are doing the correct thing..if it all amounts to nothing ..great...but if there has been bullying needs to be sorted....
Last edited by skidemin on Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

i got bully at one place in the military and I has to suck it up as if I responded it would have been jankers (Jail) for me. When I left the military I worked at a place where the boss was ex military like me and he brought his bullying attitude with him. He started on me but this time I was not going to take it. I threatened him with a cricket bat and it work. Its not something i would recommend or want to do again but sometimes its required.

I had it many years ago in work I simply ignored him never spoke to him unless was absolutely nessasary which was not often never once had trouble afterwards only option to me other than change jobs! As for city maybe they should just politely tell the kid/parents involved that he is not good enough? Rather than run risk of losing very good staff like bellers! Wonder if other clubs have same problems?

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I had it many years ago in work I simply ignored him never spoke to him unless was absolutely nessasary which was not often never once had trouble afterwards only option to me other than change jobs! As for city maybe they should just politely tell the kid/parents involved that he is not good enough? Rather than run risk of losing very good staff like bellers! Wonder if other clubs have same problems?

who said any kid was not good enough....

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Fu.... snowflakes, get them down the coal mines.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Just following on from other statements that said
probably the parents was told he wasnt not good enough and didn't like it? So hes good enough but parents dont like way he is coached so complain and staff suspended while little Tommy Carrie's on regardless ...... whos next in firing line but that doesn't matter little tommy is still there? Does club need/want complaint after complaint by overbearing parents in academy upsetting staff and ultimately other kids because they've lost quality coaches ? Anyway it's only a theory/suggestion no big deal. :old:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Fu.... snowflakes, get them down the coal mines.

This bloody snowflake generation!! They want everything for free. Like houses and jobs and Cardiff City TV match passes :old: :old: :old:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:49 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

This bloody snowflake generation!! They want everything for free. Like houses and jobs and Cardiff City TV match passes :old: :old: :old:

:notworthy: :clap: :laughing6:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

probably the parents was told he wasnt not good enough and didn't like it? So hes good enough but parents dont like way he is coached so complain and staff suspended while little Tommy Carrie's on regardless ...... whos next in firing line but that doesn't matter little tommy is still there? Does club need/want complaint after complaint by overbearing parents in academy upsetting staff and ultimately other kids because they've lost quality coaches ? Anyway it's only a theory/suggestion no big deal. :old:

we do not know who complained or what it concerns.... but youd like it brushed under the carpet ... :thumbup:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:18 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

:thumbup: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Give it time; and the penny will sink...

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

we do not know who complained or what it concerns.... but youd like it brushed under the carpet ... :thumbup:

Read op and it tells you what happened? So if not getting picked it's a good bet they're not good enough ? "Like I said" and if you read op you'll know cannot sweep something under carpet if didn't happen? As i pointed out I was responding to other posts :thumbup:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Sven wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

:thumbup: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Give it time; and the penny will sink...

Seems everything in life that goes wrong there must be someone to blame? compensation and blame culture is the norm now. :o

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Read op and it tells you what happened? So if not getting picked it's a good bet they're not good enough ? "Like I said" and if you read op you'll know cannot sweep something under carpet if didn't happen? As i pointed out I was responding to other posts :thumbup:

no.. it tells you a persons view after speaking to some parents.....if there was no bullying thats what the investigation will find.. and no doubt other boys and their parents will be asked their opinions..
the club are doing this properly..