Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Wont be playing for them again '

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:11 am

Phillips: Wilson has played his last game for Liverpool despite ‘amazing’ form

Friday 26th March 2021

Harry Wilson has played his last game for Liverpool and could complete a permanent move to Cardiff City this summer.

That is the view of former Sunderland and England striker Kevin Phillips, speaking exclusively to Football Insider about the 24-year-old’s future on Merseyside.

Wilson scored a wonderful team goal against Belgium on Wednesday night while on international duty for Wales.

The attacking midfielder, on a season-long loan at Cardiff City, has also enjoyed a fine campaign so far in the Championship.

His 30 league appearances for Mick McCarthy’s side have yielded four goals and 10 assists.

Phillips believes McCarthy will bid to sign Wilson permanently if Cardiff can achieve promotion via the Play-Offs.

“I don’t think Wilson has a future at Liverpool,” he told Football Insider. “I cannot see him playing for them again if I am being honest.

“It was a magnificent finish last night and what about the move as well, amazing.

“Cardiff have every opportunity of coming up to the Premier League the way they are going. If I am Mick, I would look to sign him permanently and have him playing week in, week out.

“His career would start to go backwards if he went back to Liverpool in the summer. He is excelling playing football week in, week out at the moment so I think he would want to leave in the summer.”

Wilson has two-and-a-half years remaining on his contract at Anfield.

He has made just two senior appearances for the Reds, both in domestic cup competitions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.