Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 players from the Wales national squad sent home for breaki

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:48 pm

Three members of the Wales senior national squad have been released from the Welsh camp today after breaching FAW protocol.

Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts will be returning to their clubs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Three members of the Wales senior national squad have b

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Leeds United's Tyler Roberts, Stoke City's Rabbi Matondo and West Brom's Hal Robson-Kanu axed from Wales squad after breaching protocol

Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts have been released from the Wales camp

Katie Sands

Hal Robson-Kanu of Wales (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
Three Wales footballers have been dropped from the squad ahead of a World Cup qualifier after breaking a curfew at the team hotel.

Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts have been released from the Welsh camp for breaching protocol, the Football Association of Wales announced on Monday.

An FAW statement said: "The three players will be returning to their respective clubs this afternoon [Monday]. The FAW will not be making any further comment."

Robson-Kanu returns to West Brom, Matondo heads back to Stoke and Roberts links back up with Leeds.

Roberts apologised in a short statement on Instagram, and said: "Gutted to be leaving the camp early but rules are rules and I shouldn't have been up in the hotel later than the set time.

"Sorry to the team, staff and Wales fans. I will continue to work as hard as I can to earn my place in the squad for the Euros."

Wales face Czech Republic in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday evening after Rob Page's side fell to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of world number one side Belgium last week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3 players from the Wales national squad sent home for br

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Idiots

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:44 pm

f*cking morons.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:05 pm

What knobheads mun. Hopefully they might call up Vaulks now.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 pm

Pity Moore, Williams and Wilson weren’t the one sent home.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:43 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Pity Moore, Williams and Wilson weren’t the one sent home.

:lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Loosing 2 strikers moore will not get a rest and with our game on friday against forrest is not good.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:56 pm

What have they done

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:10 pm

It's a shame as all 3 players could off had a big impact in our journey to the Euros and the World Cup. Especially Kanu who let's not forget his contribution the the last tournament. And has recently returned to International duty after leaving the Welsh team after the Euro 2016 campaign.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:33 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:What have they done

They stayed up past their bedtime apparently ! :o

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:It's a shame as all 3 players could off had a big impact in our journey to the Euros and the World Cup. Especially Kanu who let's not forget his contribution the the last tournament. And has recently returned to International duty after leaving the Welsh team after the Euro 2016 campaign.

Two didn’t get on the pitch v Belgium.

They are available for the Euros and moving forward. Been sent home from this game.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

They stayed up past their bedtime apparently ! :o

I reckon they went out somewhere, breaking covid bubble or similar. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:28 pm

If they did go out - Showing a lack of respect for the temp manager and team mates .

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:52 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:If they did go out - Showing a lack of respect for the temp manager and team mates .

And the shirt!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:13 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:If they did go out - Showing a lack of respect for the temp manager and team mates .

And the shirt!

If you take what Robert's said as true they were inside hotel but not in their rooms by allotted time? Nothing to do with covid ect......bit stupid but no more . :old:

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Three members of the Wales senior national squad have been released from the Welsh camp today after breaching FAW protocol.

Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts will be returning to their clubs.

I blame nasty social media posts I think this is justified lets be honest they have their own truth ?

Poor guys this is definitely oppression white supremacy is alive and well.

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:25 pm

Nothing apart from being human,

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:29 pm

car stalking in the Vale car park..??

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:39 pm

robjohn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Three members of the Wales senior national squad have been released from the Welsh camp today after breaching FAW protocol.

I blame nasty social media posts I think this is justified lets be honest they have their own truth ?

Poor guys this is definitely oppression white supremacy is alive and well.

Um... What?

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:42 pm

skidemin wrote:

car stalking in the Vale car park..??

Don't start him off agaun...! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:52 pm

Marcelo Bielsa not too happy with young Roberts

He has a reputation for being occasionally daft and wouldn't be surorised to see him out of the Leeds squad this weekend

Hopefully lesson learned for a three and everyone moves on :thumbup:

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:10 pm

Good News - They were not missed tonight :thumbup: