On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the bigge

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the bigge

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:16 pm

On this day ..
It became known the Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the biggest mobs ever to step foot in our capital and tried to take the Bob Bank


For me other than when Man United came to Cardiff in 1974, this was the worst ever day of violence seen at Ninian Park and Chelsea brought at least 3,000 hooligans intent on taking every end that day.
Attachments
994334F2-FE60-4AE1-B296-4FD5E7BC54BB.jpeg
994334F2-FE60-4AE1-B296-4FD5E7BC54BB.jpeg (112.54 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
A1C936CC-CD9B-414C-9B00-D9DDDBDA2DB8.jpeg
A1C936CC-CD9B-414C-9B00-D9DDDBDA2DB8.jpeg (124.99 KiB) Viewed 5695 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the bigge

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:16 pm

On this day ..
Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the biggest mobs ever to step foot in our capital
Attachments
217F1BA3-C769-48A6-890C-6C2EA70A06EF.jpeg
217F1BA3-C769-48A6-890C-6C2EA70A06EF.jpeg (148.77 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:17 pm

On this day ..
Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the biggest mobs ever to step foot in our capital
Attachments
1400E6CF-04EB-4A5F-B755-AFD357B66524.jpeg
1400E6CF-04EB-4A5F-B755-AFD357B66524.jpeg (87.95 KiB) Viewed 5687 times
11F8DFB7-1B4C-42FE-942B-CB40F9AA1260.jpeg
11F8DFB7-1B4C-42FE-942B-CB40F9AA1260.jpeg (84.65 KiB) Viewed 5689 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:18 pm

On this day ..
Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the biggest mobs ever to step foot in our capital
Attachments
518AF073-A31E-409C-B61B-23EBBE626907.jpeg
518AF073-A31E-409C-B61B-23EBBE626907.jpeg (99.68 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
A918E001-6E89-41D7-B402-35E0B328A024.jpeg
A918E001-6E89-41D7-B402-35E0B328A024.jpeg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 5684 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:19 pm

On this day ..
Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the biggest mobs ever to step foot in our capital
Attachments
09CC2396-5471-4F52-9580-93B3230CF594.jpeg
09CC2396-5471-4F52-9580-93B3230CF594.jpeg (129.31 KiB) Viewed 5679 times
B52DE1D1-F359-4CEB-B5EE-4372DDA62083.jpeg
B52DE1D1-F359-4CEB-B5EE-4372DDA62083.jpeg (32.66 KiB) Viewed 5680 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby WestCoastBlue » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:04 pm

Thankfully those days are well in the past now :occasion5:
WestCoastBlue
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby nicky evans » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:26 pm

Grown men fighting over football is embarrassing. Glad all that rubbish is no longer in football as much
nicky evans
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Ccfc-Shane » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:12 pm

Did Chelsea run Cardiff that day? As annis stated Chelsea brought around 3.000 hooligans and Cardiff’s gates wasn’t very high them days surly? Way before my time watching Cardiff (I wasn’t even in my old mans sack then) haha.

And how many times did Cardiff actually taken over at the Ninian? Surly it was a rare occasion? Heard a story of Pompey turning up in all wedding gear in limos and stuff (may be wrong) :ayatollah:
Ccfc-Shane
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby goats » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 am

That first photo is insane. Looking out from the BB terrace towards the canton stand isn’t it? Hundreds of Chelsea fans just standing there? Don’t think I ever saw any away fans standing there let alone a whole mob of them.....crazy :o
I bumped in to an older Chelsea fan in a bar in Koh Samui about 20 years ago who went on and on about this game (being before my time) saying they knew they needed to take thousands to survive.... :lol:
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:37 am

nicky evans wrote:Grown men fighting over football is embarrassing. Glad all that rubbish is no longer in football as much


I’ve never understood the mentality either in all honesty and much preferred martial arts as a way of letting off some aggression, in a more controlled and fair environment.

A couple of seasons ago, we bumped into some Nottingham Forrest fans in the Canton area who sat there quietly, until I asked them where they were from. One of the whispered “Nottingham,” to which I replied “you’re all so quiet, I thought Cardiff Splott bowls team were holding an AGM.”

They joined me and my mates and a few pints later we were having Cardiff V Forest dance offs at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. I’d like to think they went home having had a good time, thinking that Wales is an hospitable place. That’s my idea of an enjoyable, drunken weekend and I’m glad that the vast majority of football hooliganism has been confined to the history books. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:38 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:
nicky evans wrote:Grown men fighting over football is embarrassing. Glad all that rubbish is no longer in football as much


I’ve never understood the mentality either in all honesty and much preferred martial arts as a way of letting off some aggression, in a more controlled and fair environment.

A couple of seasons ago, we bumped into some Nottingham Forrest fans in the Canton area who sat there quietly, until I asked them where they were from. One of the whispered “Nottingham,” to which I replied “you’re all so quiet, I thought Cardiff Splott bowls team were holding an AGM.”

They joined me and my mates and a few pints later we were having Cardiff V Forest dance offs at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. I’d like to think they went home having had a good time, with the impression that Wales is an hospitable place. That’s my idea of an enjoyable, drunken weekend and I’m glad that the vast majority of football hooliganism has been confined to the history books. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:11 am

Ccfc-Shane wrote:Did Chelsea run Cardiff that day? As annis stated Chelsea brought around 3.000 hooligans and Cardiff’s gates wasn’t very high them days surly? Way before my time watching Cardiff (I wasn’t even in my old mans sack then) haha.

And how many times did Cardiff actually taken over at the Ninian? Surly it was a rare occasion? Heard a story of Pompey turning up in all wedding gear in limos and stuff (may be wrong) :ayatollah:


I was a grandstand season ticket holder in those days.It was like someone had picked up the Stretford end and placed it over the Bob Bank,never saw the like before or since.
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:34 am

Ccfc-Shane wrote:Did Chelsea run Cardiff that day? As annis stated Chelsea brought around 3.000 hooligans and Cardiff’s gates wasn’t very high them days surly? Way before my time watching Cardiff (I wasn’t even in my old mans sack then) haha.

And how many times did Cardiff actually taken over at the Ninian? Surly it was a rare occasion? Heard a story of Pompey turning up in all wedding gear in limos and stuff (may be wrong) :ayatollah:



Shane,

We were young most of us 16-23, I was 19, the main lot of Chelsea’s mob were 25-30 yrs old.
Chelsea were organised and had about 3,000 lads out. About 300 in our Grandstand , others scattered everywhere. With about 15mins to go and Chelsea losing 3-1 about 500 Chelsea left the away end and went right around to the Bob Bank entrance, I personally believe they would of run the Bob Bank as they were organised and had surprised Cardiff. One copper and his dog held the first few back, whilst a steward was able to lock the gate. There had been fighting in all
parts of home ends as Chelsea had gone in them. After the game Ninian Park road and Tudor road was just running battles and Cardiff held there own.

If both sets had fully met that day, Chelsea for me would of been to big for Cardiff , all though I have to say Cardiff had up to 1,500 lads all over the place as well.

Yes those days are gone and gone forever, but that was how it was in them days and it happened so those moaning and saying pathetic etc well that was how our generation grew up.

It is part of British history, like the mods, rockers, skinheads etc etc


Ps I think Chelsea getting back to 3-3 helped as hundreds of Chelsea went back in the ground to celebrate.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Whistler » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 am

Whilst I agree it is part of social history, its something to acknowledge as an incident, its certainly not something to celebrate. I dont think its anything to be proud about as a City fan. :ayatollah:
Whistler
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:24 am

Whistler wrote:Whilst I agree it is part of social history, its something to acknowledge as an incident, its certainly not something to celebrate. I dont think its anything to be proud about as a City fan. :ayatollah:

I’ve looked through the thread and I’ve not seen a comment on anyone being proud of it mate. It’s part of what happened and personally I quite reminiscing and love looking back at old pics from Ninian Park. You do have a choice of reading after all.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Bluesince72 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:43 am

I was in a group of Cardiff that day that had come off the station at the same time that morning, probably around 11.00am we were from different areas some of us from Newport as three trains had pulled in at the same time. We met a large mob of Chelsea just over the bridge and definitely had the better of them. Was i proud at the time (I was 21) yes I was, did I enjoy being part of something tight knit and exciting yes I did. Meeting mates traveling up and down the country supporting the team I loved and still love and yes sometimes fighting in their name. Grown men fighting over football yes that's what we were. Do I regret it, no its done I am the person I am now despite of the things I did in my youth not because of them.
Bluesince72
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby TERRYB » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:10 pm

Bluesince72 wrote:I was in a group of Cardiff that day that had come off the station at the same time that morning, probably around 11.00am we were from different areas some of us from Newport as three trains had pulled in at the same time. We met a large mob of Chelsea just over the bridge and definitely had the better of them. Was i proud at the time (I was 21) yes I was, did I enjoy being part of something tight knit and exciting yes I did. Meeting mates traveling up and down the country supporting the team I loved and still love and yes sometimes fighting in their name. Grown men fighting over football yes that's what we were. Do I regret it, no its done I am the person I am now despite of the things I did in my youth not because of them.


For many Cardiff who were in their 20s and 30s in the eighties it was a part of going to football, you knew the places where trouble was likely to kick off and you had to keep your wits about you. Nothing like that these days.
TERRYB
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:36 pm

What it was then.. it was exciting in a weird way. That day we held our own, but it was more luck than anything else. Fair to say Chelsea were in control, but not in the Bob.. spoke to a Chelsea fan about it in 99.. said it was a fantastic day out in Cardiff and they always looked forward to playing us..
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Bluearmy54 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:37 pm

I was there that day hell of a day we was run outside the ground. They didn't take the bob bank and it was never a pen for Chelsea in the last few mins
Bluearmy54
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby goats » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:38 pm

It was just fashion back then, different times with not much to do maybe, not half the bars and all night clubs of today, no Tv channels, internet etc....my old man was a teddy boy in the 50’s and he said they were always getting into scrapes, same with mods in the 60’s, skins and punks in the 70’s....look at the youth now all running around with blades, it’s getting really bad in Cardiff now with incidents every week, far far more sad that anything that happened back in the dark grim 80’s....
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby semmy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Remember that day ...when Chelsea were coming up to have a go at the Bob Bank I thought I'd go down towards them ...only 16 at the time ,not exactly a warrior yet, anyway got really close to them and then these big gates slammed shut .. realised then I was the only Cardiff fan the wrong side of the shut gates.. only me,a copper and his dog for company.
semmy
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Rhondda

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby semmy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:28 pm

4th photo . isn't that Doddy from Porth first from the left and also Dai Ambler giving it the big 'un.
semmy
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Rhondda

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:03 pm

goats wrote:It was just fashion back then, different times with not much to do maybe, not half the bars and all night clubs of today, no Tv channels, internet etc....my old man was a teddy boy in the 50’s and he said they were always getting into scrapes, same with mods in the 60’s, skins and punks in the 70’s....look at the youth now all running around with blades, it’s getting really bad in Cardiff now with incidents every week, far far more sad that anything that happened back in the dark grim 80’s....



Exactly :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Whistler wrote:Whilst I agree it is part of social history, its something to acknowledge as an incident, its certainly not something to celebrate. I dont think its anything to be proud about as a City fan. :ayatollah:


Who is proud of it ????

Its what happened
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ccfc-Shane wrote:Did Chelsea run Cardiff that day? As annis stated Chelsea brought around 3.000 hooligans and Cardiff’s gates wasn’t very high them days surly? Way before my time watching Cardiff (I wasn’t even in my old mans sack then) haha.

And how many times did Cardiff actually taken over at the Ninian? Surly it was a rare occasion? Heard a story of Pompey turning up in all wedding gear in limos and stuff (may be wrong) :ayatollah:



Shane,

We were young most of us 16-23, I was 19, the main lot of Chelsea’s mob were 25-30 yrs old.
Chelsea were organised and had about 3,000 lads out. About 300 in our Grandstand , others scattered everywhere. With about 15mins to go and Chelsea losing 3-1 about 500 Chelsea left the away end and went right around to the Bob Bank entrance, I personally believe they would of run the Bob Bank as they were organised and had surprised Cardiff. One copper and his dog held the first few back, whilst a steward was able to lock the gate. There had been fighting in all
parts of home ends as Chelsea had gone in them. After the game Ninian Park road and Tudor road was just running battles and Cardiff held there own.

If both sets had fully met that day, Chelsea for me would of been to big for Cardiff , all though I have to say Cardiff had up to 1,500 lads all over the place as well.

Yes those days are gone and gone forever, but that was how it was in them days and it happened so those moaning and saying pathetic etc well that was how our generation grew up.

It is part of British history, like the mods, rockers, skinheads etc etc


Ps I think Chelsea getting back to 3-3 helped as hundreds of Chelsea went back in the ground to celebrate.


The other 90% of supporters used to look on at these antics with a mixture of bewilderment and amusement. Those who participated in all that running around and shouting probably though those looking on were in some way impressed. Most of us thought "what a bunch of silly tw*ts'..
A Quiet Monkfish
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby Blueman39 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:23 pm

It was part of the 70s and 80s...you expected trouble at most games ...whether you wanted it or not.
There was more violence in society then in general IMO ...football reflected a lot of what was going on in general .... just look at the miners strike etc .
Blueman39
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 am

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:22 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Ccfc-Shane wrote:Did Chelsea run Cardiff that day? As annis stated Chelsea brought around 3.000 hooligans and Cardiff’s gates wasn’t very high them days surly? Way before my time watching Cardiff (I wasn’t even in my old mans sack then) haha.

And how many times did Cardiff actually taken over at the Ninian? Surly it was a rare occasion? Heard a story of Pompey turning up in all wedding gear in limos and stuff (may be wrong) :ayatollah:



Shane,

We were young most of us 16-23, I was 19, the main lot of Chelsea’s mob were 25-30 yrs old.
Chelsea were organised and had about 3,000 lads out. About 300 in our Grandstand , others scattered everywhere. With about 15mins to go and Chelsea losing 3-1 about 500 Chelsea left the away end and went right around to the Bob Bank entrance, I personally believe they would of run the Bob Bank as they were organised and had surprised Cardiff. One copper and his dog held the first few back, whilst a steward was able to lock the gate. There had been fighting in all
parts of home ends as Chelsea had gone in them. After the game Ninian Park road and Tudor road was just running battles and Cardiff held there own.

If both sets had fully met that day, Chelsea for me would of been to big for Cardiff , all though I have to say Cardiff had up to 1,500 lads all over the place as well.

Yes those days are gone and gone forever, but that was how it was in them days and it happened so those moaning and saying pathetic etc well that was how our generation grew up.

It is part of British history, like the mods, rockers, skinheads etc etc


Ps I think Chelsea getting back to 3-3 helped as hundreds of Chelsea went back in the ground to celebrate.


The other 90% of supporters used to look on at these antics with a mixture of bewilderment and amusement. Those who participated in all that running around and shouting probably though those looking on were in some way impressed. Most of us thought "what a bunch of silly tw*ts'..



90% ? maybe in the games where there were no away fans... but the ratio was nowhere near 90 to 10 for games like the one in this thread... Man United or against anyone who were expected to turn up...,... and if anything away from home those thinking silly twats were a small minority..it was of its time... but ive never understood the down playing of numbers tbh... there is enough footage of the time where a once full terrace is empty with its entire occupants on the pitch..
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:46 pm

Bluearmy54 wrote:I was there that day hell of a day we was run outside the ground. They didn't take the bob bank and it was never a pen for Chelsea in the last few mins



and only 22 people in the whole ground wearing football tops...
skidemin
 
Posts: 5186
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby keanoswinklepickers » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:33 pm

Violence was worst when Chelsea relegated from Division 1 about 79/80. Before this we had home Internationals Wales v England at Ninian Park. Big Chelsea flag put up on the Bob Bank terrace stantions near the Canton Stand. Went and had a chat and were told Chelsea would run us ragged next season! They got a good kicking before Canton Stand gate let them in. Next season first Chelsea special train arrived at Ninian Park Halt and attacked Jimmy’s cafe. Fences went in the park across from NP after the game with running battles and reported stabbings in South Wales Echo and fighting in St David’s hospital between fans.
keanoswinklepickers
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Re: On this day .. Battle of Ninian Park 1984 ..one of the b

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:38 pm

keanoswinklepickers wrote:Violence was worst when Chelsea relegated from Division 1 about 79/80. Before this we had home Internationals Wales v England at Ninian Park. Big Chelsea flag put up on the Bob Bank terrace stantions near the Canton Stand. Went and had a chat and were told Chelsea would run us ragged next season! They got a good kicking before Canton Stand gate let them in. Next season first Chelsea special train arrived at Ninian Park Halt and attacked Jimmy’s cafe. Fences went in the park across from NP after the game with running battles and reported stabbings in South Wales Echo and fighting in St David’s hospital between fans.

I remember that one. Hickey and co came onto the Bob / grange corner and had a thumping.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 5510
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluebina, G3vans, Google [Bot], jimmy_rat and 221 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.