Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Mick McCarthy / Chris Hughton '

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:30 am

' Mick McCarthy / Chris Hughton '

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"You can’t guarantee a win, ever. You can only guarantee a good performance. If you perform well, more often than not you’ll win games.

"The difficulty is, the intensity we have had, then people go away and it is splintered and fractured. You have to get back to that intensity. The way we were playing and those performances.

"It’s not easy for any of us.

"I would prefer to be top and they are all chasing me! But considering when we played Bristol, we could have gone fourth or fifth bottom.

"You could sense the change around the place, the confidence. We are now nipping at those in front of us."

Nottingham Forest manager Chris Hughton:

"Mick has done an outstanding job there. It could have gone one of two ways, he has come in and changed the system to play to what Mick sees as the strengths of the team. They are a more direct team than under the previous manager and it is paying dividends.

"That is Mick using the experience that he has got and with the run they are on, it makes it an even tougher game.

"Mick is one of those ex-players and those that you work with who you regard as a friend. As a manager I have played against his teams on many occasions and we played together for many years with the Irish team and I had lots of conversations with him over the years.

"He is a proper football individual that has had other jobs, has a real enthusiasm for managing and is one that recently went into the 1,000 club so for anyone who reaches that level is an incredible achievement."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.