Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: DON’T GIVE UP - NOT YET : We are still in the

Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:02 am

My View:

DON’T GIVE UP - NOT YET :

We are still in the mix for the play-offs.

Realistically - Reading , Bournemouth and US are chasing 6th spot .... with Bournemouth in pole position because they have the easiest run-in and a game in hand (versus Huddersfield) when compared to us and Reading.

Reading have the toughest run of the three with one crucial game against US.

In very simplistic terms :

(1) Bournemouth have 2 very difficult , 2 tough and 4 easy(ish) games .

(2) Reading have 4 very difficult , 1 tough and 2 easy(ish) games.

(3) Cardiff have 2 very difficult , 1 tough and 4 easy(ish) games.

My mind tells me we will miss out and finish 7th - but my heart , wish and ...... with some luck - we could finish 6th. :bluebird: :bluebird: While I am not discounting the possibility of Barnsley slipping or Middlesbrough rallying - I am keeping them out - at least for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: DON’T GIVE UP - NOT YET : We are still in

Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:05 am

:bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY’S REMAINING 7 FIXTURES “ :bluebird:

Live on Sky Easter Monday 5pm Apr 05 Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City

Sat Apr 10 CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS

Friday April 16th SKY Live 6pm Reading v Cardiff City

Tues 6pm SKY Live Apr 20 Brentford v Cardiff City

Sat Apr 24 CARDIFF CITY v WYCOMBE WANDERERS

Sat May 01 Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Sat May 08 CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM UNITED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:45 am

Annis don’t get me wrong I’m not throwing in the towel but I can’t see city making the play offs we will finish quiet comfortably which I said on message board a few times in the last few weeks at this stage in the season this is when you need a good run but losing yesterday I think might have put a end to our chances beating Swansea to weeks ago was fantastic and I’ll settle for that and finishing the season comfortably if it happens it happens if it don’t I want be to dispondent

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:56 am

The theory is correct but it falls down due to the fact that we don't look capable of winning even easy game. The last easy games we had were against Stoke Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest and not only did we fail to win any of them we could not even score a goal against all three. McCarthy will need to generate another miraculous turn round in form to turn things round and it doesn't look remotely like happening.

Think a lot of people would be happy if we actually scored more than one goal in a match at the moment never mind make the playoffs. We need to forget about this not given up hope of the playoffs yet and make the remaining games about preparation for next season. Would like to see Cowill Kireon Evans and Watters given an extended run out if they are not good enough so be it but let's try something different. The team he is playing now looks tired and going through the motions. To be honest until the last ten minutes when he made some too late subsitutions we looked like we could play for hours without scoring unless Flint headed one in from a corner or long throw.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:58 am

Commend the optimism but we’re done. Too many injuries & not enough quality in central midfield.

I’d like to see McCarthy give some more game time to the youth as I’m sure they’ll be as good as if not better than some first teamers.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:50 am

Theres enough history to show anything is possible to see it's not over until it is not possible to reach 6th place points wise....Who would have thought forest would have missed out last season? Which proves no matter how unlikely it is city are still in with a chance.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:05 pm

Applaud your optimisation Annis, but thought after Stoke result we would struggle and now after Forest think it's a bit too far but until the maths don't add up you never know !!!

Would say if it reaches that stage think MM should blood a few youngsters to see what we got for a good push next time :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Based on yesterday if we snuck into the playoffs it would be like the year we got in under Malky. No confidence of winning them.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:13 pm

JulesK wrote:Applaud your optimisation Annis, but thought after Stoke result we would struggle and now after Forest think it's a bit too far but until the maths don't add up you never know !!!

Would say if it reaches that stage think MM should blood a few youngsters to see what we got for a good push next time :bluescarf:

Good post, JulesK and cannot disagree :thumbup:

Hopefully, Magic Mick will get the team back on track for Monday and for a game we are more than capable of winning. As the saying goes, it ain't over until the rather obese (gender neutral) person sings and our squad is as strong as any of those around us going over the final hurdle...

C'mon you Bluebirds....! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Rightly so Annis, if we can go up, ok we may not be the strongest side, but..we will have a go and it bring more money to go again and rebuild in certain areas, it feels a different place now, I wasn't for Neil Harris I was hoping he was going to prove me wrong, he did for a couple of weeks that was it, but Mick McCarthy seems different he needs to get them back on track asap. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:58 pm

I chuck them out there now and again Chris :D

Shame we haven't got in top 6 and stayed there as definitely no one to fear there. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:11 pm

We always seem to play poor after the international break. Mick said we were poor first half. Clearly there was a lack of thought in the period they were off. In the time off we should have tried to address the poor passing and ball retention. Also Mick should have worked on a system without Moore playing.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:01 pm

Danny Says wrote:Commend the optimism but we’re done. Too many injuries & not enough quality in central midfield.

I’d like to see McCarthy give some more game time to the youth as I’m sure they’ll be as good as if not better than some first teamers.

sorry mate but a big part of the reason we lost yesterday and have began to struggle is because of key players missing and being replaced by inexperience... we need to go further down that road like we need a hole in the head....

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Commend the optimism but we’re done. Too many injuries & not enough quality in central midfield.

sorry mate but a big part of the reason we lost yesterday and have began to struggle is because of key players missing and being replaced by inexperience... we need to go further down that road like we need a hole in the head....

Agreed. Joe Bennett, Perry NG, Sean Morrison, Joel Bagan & Tutu have been missed and that’s just to name a few.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:21 pm

Remember Nottingham Forest last season,going for a top two place and in the end failed to get a top six place on goal difference :lol:.
Anything can happen,just seems we are running out of steam if someone slips up.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:20 pm

theclaw wrote:Remember Nottingham Forest last season,going for a top two place and in the end failed to get a top six place on goal difference :lol:.
Anything can happen,just seems we are running out of steam if someone slips up.

this time last year we were in the play off spots on 60 points ,1 point behind forest and 4 ahead of Swansea who were 10th on 56 points... its not impossible but we need to start winning sharpish..

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:39 pm

No Easy Games In The Championship :bluebird: