Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wow: " Juan Cala "

Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:34 pm

Valencia have abandoned their La Liga match against Cadiz in the 32nd minute.

This is because their player Mouctar Diakhaby was allegedly racially abused by Cadiz defender and former Cardiff City player Juan Cala.

After a break where discussions took place between the two teams and officials, the game continued.

Maybe what Ben Turner said is true, and Juan Cala is a dickhead.

Re: " Juan Cala "

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Bit rich considering Ben Turner got done for the same thing

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:23 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:Bit rich considering Ben Turner got done for the same thing

Exactly

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:32 pm

Both left footed centre backs that were vying for a place in the team.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:Bit rich considering Ben Turner got done for the same thing

Forgot about that actually.

My time comment in the OP was slightly tongue in cheek.

Should also point out that this is only an allegation against Cala and I don't think he's responded yet.

Re: Wow: " Juan Cala "

Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm

They must have come back on. Cadiz
scored in the 88tb minute to win 2-1.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:05 pm

Ben Turner recently did a piece for WOL where he said that the only team mate at City that he didn't care for much was Juan Cala. Looks like they more in common than he thought.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:52 am

Meanwhile back to the actual claim/offence...

Having seen the moment on TV, it certainly looks like Juan Cala said something to enrage Mouctar Diakhaby and his (Cala) in the aftermath was a little sheepish to say the least

I'll let the appropriate authorities get to the bottom of that but associating Juan Cala with Cardiff City FC is, at best, tenuous given his disappointing time here...

Maybe the manager and the then players knew a little more than he let on about his character?

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:56 am

i wonder if its possible that Turners view of Cala is based on something other than racial abuse ....

Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 am

Sven wrote:Meanwhile back to the actual claim/offence...

Having seen the moment on TV, it certainly looks like Juan Cala said something to enrage Mouctar Diakhaby and his (Cala) in the aftermath was a little sheepish to say the least

I'll let the appropriate authorities get to the bottom of that but associating Juan Cala with Cardiff City FC is, at best, tenuous given his disappointing time here...

Maybe the manager and the then players knew a little more than he let on about his character?

Truth always comes out.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am

If he is found guilty then he obviously deserves the book thrown at him
As it stands it is just an allegation. Isnt a certain Spanish word "negrito" similar to a racial slur?. The world tried to cancel Cavani when he said it quite innocently to a friend not so long ago.