JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:32 pm

One change - a first #CardiffCity start for Jonny Williams

No Sean Morrison

No Josh Murphy

And Harry Wilson on bench again.


STARTING 11

Dillon Phillips
Tom Sang
Curtis Nelson
Aden Flint
Ciaron Brown
Joe Ralls
Will Vaulks
Marlon Pack
Jonny Williams
Leandro Bacuna
Kieffer Moore

SUBSTITUTES

Alex Smithies
Perry Ng
Rubin Colwill
Junior Hoilett
Harry Wilson
Sheyi Ojo
Mark Harris
Max Watters
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 15723
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:34 pm

One change - a first #CardiffCity start for Jonny Williams
Attachments
B07BA23B-718F-4811-8D9E-C84F9D14C8EE.jpeg
B07BA23B-718F-4811-8D9E-C84F9D14C8EE.jpeg (92.97 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:44 pm

3 CBs and 5 CMs in the team. Cant see anything improving from last week.

Why isn't NG starting at LWB?
Escott1927
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:45 pm

Why only 8 subs??
oohahhPaulMillar
 
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Escott1927 wrote:3 CBs and 5 CMs in the team. Cant see anything improving from last week.

Why isn't NG starting at LWB?



Bacuna and William's are forward thinking midfielders.. so you would hope because of results today mick will use them in this way no excuses now it's a win or bust...... dubs have ability uo change game if used early enough... :shock:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 24319
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Crayfish » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Looks like a bit of a workmanlike team. You could make an argument that at least three three players on the bench are better than the players in the team. Would have liked him to play Sang in midfield and use Ng as wingback Bacuna has been poor in midfield in practically every game but Derby would have liked to start with Colwill. Don't see why Wilson deserves dropping either. Is he picking the team on the basis of who puts in the biggest shift in training?
Crayfish
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:06 pm

I’m happy to see Williams given a chance
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7412
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:09 pm

Just the one change from the defeat by Nottingham Forest on Friday, Jonny Williams comes in for Harry Wilson.

That is a surprise, I must say, as Wilson was one of Cardiff's better players against Forest. Seeing Williams and Wilson alongside each other might have been the expected option, but Leandro Bacuna keeps his spot.

Joe Ralls continues at left wing-back, while Perry Ng has to continue warming the bench as Tom Sang is given the nod ahead of him on the right.

Still no Sean Morrison, he will miss out again due to his calf strain. Josh Murphy also a notable absentee.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Sheffield Wednesday XI: Wildsmith; Urhoghide, Lees, Börner; Palmer, Bannan, Paterson, Hutchinson, Reach; Rhodes, Windass.

Subs: Westwood, Brennan, Hunt, Pelupessy, Brown, Harris, Green, Shaw, Kachunga.





Cardiff City XI: Phillips; Nelson, Flint, Brown; Sang, Vaulks, Pack, Ralls; Bacuna, Williams; Moore.

Subs: Smithies, Ng, Colwill, Hoilett, Wilson, Ojo, Harris, Watters
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 133666
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Danny Says » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Long throws and punts up field coming up.
Glad to see Williams get a start but who’s he supposed to pass it to?
Had hoped (I may be proven wrong) to see some experimental changes given the seasons all but done
Danny Says
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:3 CBs and 5 CMs in the team. Cant see anything improving from last week.

Why isn't NG starting at LWB?



Bacuna and William's are forward thinking midfielders.. so you would hope because of results today mick will use them in this way no excuses now it's a win or bust...... dubs have ability uo change game if used early enough... :shock:


Williams is a forward thinking midfielder. Bacuna had a good game against Derby but he's not an attacking CM. Frustrating to see a team full of workhorses when we have wilson, ojo and colwill on the bench. Particularly as a we need a win, minimum.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Danny Says wrote:Long throws and punts up field coming up.
Glad to see Williams get a start but who’s he supposed to pass it to?
Had hoped (I may be proven wrong) to see some experimental changes given the seasons all but done


Same. Cant see much of an improvement in performance. Hope I am wrong of course.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:3 CBs and 5 CMs in the team. Cant see anything improving from last week.

Why isn't NG starting at LWB?



Bacuna and William's are forward thinking midfielders.. so you would hope because of results today mick will use them in this way no excuses now it's a win or bust...... dubs have ability uo change game if used early enough... :shock:


Williams is a forward thinking midfielder. Bacuna had a good game against Derby but he's not an attacking CM. Frustrating to see a team full of workhorses when we have wilson, ojo and colwill on the bench. Particularly as a we need a win, minimum.



It's looking like another let's not lose tactic but that's ok until halftime? If not winning need changes then not late in game bacuna dies drive forward if given chance maybe two holding midfielders will allow him to do it today? But have got players who can change things on bench.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 24319
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Crayfish » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:05 pm

I don't really see how playing Bacuna and Williams together is an attacking option. Williams is absolutely useless at scoring goals. He has never scored more than two goals for any club he has been with. He has never scored more than two in a season and most seasons never scores at all. As for Bacuna up until scoring against Derby he went a year without scoring a goal. Does McCarthy seriously think either is a better option than Wilson.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: JONNY WILLIAMS: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:3 CBs and 5 CMs in the team. Cant see anything improving from last week.

Why isn't NG starting at LWB?



Bacuna and William's are forward thinking midfielders.. so you would hope because of results today mick will use them in this way no excuses now it's a win or bust...... dubs have ability uo change game if used early enough... :shock:


Williams is a forward thinking midfielder. Bacuna had a good game against Derby but he's not an attacking CM. Frustrating to see a team full of workhorses when we have wilson, ojo and colwill on the bench. Particularly as a we need a win, minimum.



It's looking like another let's not lose tactic but that's ok until halftime? If not winning need changes then not late in game bacuna dies drive forward if given chance maybe two holding midfielders will allow him to do it today? But have got players who can change things on bench.


Setting up not to lose against bottom of the league whi have lost 8 out of the last 10 games isnt good enough. If this was Harris as manager now people would be losing their shit. We are absolutely woeful on the ball.
Escott1927
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frosty_Blue, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], maccydee, TERRYB and 232 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.