MY VIEW: BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY EMBARRASS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY EMBARR

Postby skidemin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:29 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:I said it before and I’ll say it again the decision to give him a 2 year contract was knee jerk and without foresight.

It’ll get worse as most of our remaining games are against teams fighting for survival or gunning for promotion.

Lambs to the slaughter.

‘Micks Trojans’ ha ha more like Micks Pushovers’

And when we battled out a one nil one against the Jack's two games ago you were calling them push overs? Yes changes could have come earlier tonight but blame the players not McCarthy.

i doubt the players decided to go with 3 CBs and 2 centre midfielders as wing backs... or leave Harry Wilson on the bench favouring of all people Jonny Williams....
skidemin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby BC-CB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Awful performance against bottom team what else is there to be said other than mick got it wrong? :old:

The 2nd time this season we have been destroyed by the bottom team in the league, Sheffield Wednesday. This has been coming since we sold John Toshack. The club has zero ambition, and they are all in it for what they can get, from Tan to the players. Dreadful and a total embarrassment.
BC-CB

Postby BC-CB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:35 pm

nojac wrote:If there is no reaction on Saturday , then we may as well play the U23's . we're safe from relegation so build for the future , get rid of at least 6/7 players and get some midfielders who can actually play ! Bannan was head and shoulders above our players . Even CP looked world class against our lot
:(

CP is World class against our lot!!!!
BC-CB

Postby D.A.C. » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:42 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It was poor today but we were set up poorly.

I know Ralls has detractors on here but when he moved inside he was a lot a better. I am not saying that was the answer but there was no need to play 3 centre halfs and 2 wing backs when you only have 3 fit centre halfs and one was playing for Livingston a few months ago and we don't have any wing backs.....it mental !!

Could have played a very flat back 4 and loaded the middle where we have umpteen CM's and ACM's.

I would never start Pack, but never ever in a 2 man midfield, he can't cover the ground. Vaulks always looks crap next to him.

I guess Junior is off at the end of the season so i get there is no point playing him. I also wouldn't play Ojo or Williams on the same premise.

We need to see if Harris is up to a championship season and what is his position, same as Colwell (or do we loan him to L1)

It will be a big and interesting closed season for us.

Exactly how I see it. I said after Stoke it was the first time Mick has to take criticism for the team selection and as soon as that side was named I shuddered.

Team wrong from the start, I would've made subs at 2 nil down, the fact he waited until 5 down is terrible management.

I never want to see Ralls left wing back again. Pack seems to be teacher's pet no matter how bad he is playing he keeps his place and never gets taken off. I hope he is moved out at the end of the season but I very much doubt it.

Playoffs gone now but to be honest I'm glad. No way is this squad ready for the premiership. It's also no surprise that whenever Morrison gets injured the defence is a shambles.

Last 6 games now nothing to lose, I'd like to see a few of the youngsters starting. All the young lads that have come in haven't let us down and even if one of them comes in and has a mare at least Mick has given them a chance.
D.A.C.

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:53 pm

moonboots wrote:Is it possible someone at the Club will finally realise that we have no decent midfielders of the quality needed to get promotion from this league? Pack, Ralls, Vaulks and Bacuna are our four recognised central midfielders but none have the quality, skill, pace needed (well, Bacuna does have pace to be fair). Yet despite being five nil down to the bottom side we still had a midfield of Pack, Ralls and Vaulks on the pitch at the end. They created nothing. Just hit and hope passes. I despair. Time for a clear out but with no more parachute payments it looks like we'll have to develop the youngsters pretty quickly.

Spot on mate.. trouble is we have had results like this in the 45 years I’ve been going. Sort of get used to it after 25.. :P
rumpo kid

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Not one of our cms is a top end of the championship player.
We said that a year ago and the play off came about from a sprinkle of Tomlins fairy dust. Nothing has really changed. Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks and Pack in front of our three central defenders are just not as good as they need to be.

Morrison, Moore, Smithies/ Phillips and Wilson when he turns it on have carried us this season.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Danny Says » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:I said it before and I’ll say it again the decision to give him a 2 year contract was knee jerk and without foresight.

It’ll get worse as most of our remaining games are against teams fighting for survival or gunning for promotion.

Lambs to the slaughter.

‘Micks Trojans’ ha ha more like Micks Pushovers’

And when we battled out a one nil one against the Jack's two games ago you were calling them push overs? Yes changes could have come earlier tonight but blame the players not McCarthy.

I’ve said here before his job was to get us safe and he did that - the win at swansea was a bonus - but his stubborn refusal to say right Sang you’re our best passer so you’ll start in midfield; to Colwill - have a start and just run at them; to Watters - keep an eye on Wilson and play one twos with him and to Wilson - pick it up and run at goal and shoot.
Instead we had the worst central midfield in living memory playing for us - Bacuna was hopeless, Pack was his usual slow pass sideways or back and the worst of the lot Vaulks who just cannot pass a ball. Williams was an experiment which failed. Moore needs a rest. And why not play Ng???
The manager made too many errors today and god forbid we start next season with largely the sane squad save the 3 loan players.
Reading and Brentford will just pass around that joke of a midfield for fun and no way we’ll keep a clean sheet in either game.
Danny Says

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Ah well I’ve seen plenty of worse results etc supporting the city in the early 1970s ,win ,lose or draw always be a bluebirds C.C.F.C for Life :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ibby » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Damaging result.
Ibby