Players who have proven you wrong

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players who have proven you wrong

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:22 am

Lets be honest, City have signed a few players over the years that have been huge let downs

Which players did you think were below par signings that actually turned out to be decent?

Mine are Gyepes, Hudson, Danny Ward, Adomah, Quinn, Brian Murphy

And who have we signed that you were excited about but ended up being useless?

Koumas (2nd spell), Madine, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, Fowler, Lambert. The list could go on :laughing6:
User avatar
Pantmawr Bluebird
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 am

Players who have proven you wrong

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:11 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Lets be honest, City have signed a few players over the years that have been huge let downs

Which players did you think were below par signings that actually turned out to be decent?

Mine are Gyepes, Hudson, Danny Ward, Adomah, Quinn, Brian Murphy

And who have we signed that you were excited about but ended up being useless?

Koumas (2nd spell), Madine, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, Fowler, Lambert. The list could go on :laughing6:

Jay Bothroyd.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 5514
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby JB1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:41 am

I wasn't expecting much when we signed Mark Delaney, couldn't have been more wrong :-)
JB1
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby sir ninian » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 am

Bacuna,Ralls and Pack have all proved me wrong.Ithought they were good but have turned out to be shit!!
sir ninian
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby maccydee » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 am

I didn’t expect a lot from Peter Whittingham when we signed him.

Couldn’t have been more wrong.
maccydee
 
Posts: 8096
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby Crayfish » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am

sir ninian wrote:Bacuna,Ralls and Pack have all proved me wrong.Ithought they were good but have turned out to be shit!!


Why did you think Ralls would be really good? Didn't we sign him as a 16 year old from non league Aldershots youth team? Considering where he came from he has actually turned out to be really good. I would have to agree the most unexpectedly good signing we have made in recent years is Jay Bothroyd. Would maybe put McCormack and Chopra in that category too.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:34 pm

Stephen Bywater....
how bad could a goalkeeper with 200 championship apps possibly be...
skidemin
 
Posts: 5193
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby bluebird04 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Mark Hudson, his first season he was shakey, didnt look upto it, and then all of a sudden something clicked and he was amazing, proper leader
bluebird04
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby skidemin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm

bluebird04 wrote:Mark Hudson, his first season he was shakey, didnt look upto it, and then all of a sudden something clicked and he was amazing, proper leader



none of us knew but his sister in law committed suicide the same time as he signed for us... followed by his pregnant wife not leaving their hotel room for weeks on end and then losing the baby........https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... h-17064119
sometimes things just aint what they seem....
skidemin
 
Posts: 5193
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby Caerdydd12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:36 pm

Omar Bogle
He was on fire before joining us
User avatar
Caerdydd12
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:Mark Hudson, his first season he was shakey, didnt look upto it, and then all of a sudden something clicked and he was amazing, proper leader



none of us knew but his sister in law committed suicide the same time as he signed for us... followed by his pregnant wife not leaving their hotel room for weeks on end and then losing the baby........https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... h-17064119
sometimes things just aint what they seem....



Wow!! Surprised he even carried on that season! But he was a giant from season 2 on! As you rightly say though,nobody knows what goes on in private.
bluesince62
 
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:Mark Hudson, his first season he was shakey, didnt look upto it, and then all of a sudden something clicked and he was amazing, proper leader



none of us knew but his sister in law committed suicide the same time as he signed for us... followed by his pregnant wife not leaving their hotel room for weeks on end and then losing the baby........https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... h-17064119
sometimes things just aint what they seem....



Wow!! Surprised he even carried on that season! But he was a giant from season 2 on! As you rightly say though,nobody knows what goes on in private.
bluesince62
 
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Players who have proven you wrong

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:Mark Hudson, his first season he was shakey, didnt look upto it, and then all of a sudden something clicked and he was amazing, proper leader



none of us knew but his sister in law committed suicide the same time as he signed for us... followed by his pregnant wife not leaving their hotel room for weeks on end and then losing the baby........https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... h-17064119
sometimes things just aint what they seem....
bluesince62
 
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Nin Ian, robbo and 131 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.