Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Email from UEFA / Wales Tickets '

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:33 am

Anyone else had an email from them offering a refund on tickets . Given on going uncertainty around travel was thinking was probably going to have to get a refund for my Rome tickets . Too many unknown permutations, gutted . Looking at the link provided the games in Baku look a safer bet given their Government’s plan to waive restrictions for visiting fans of competing teams. Don’t get me started on Baku being a host city mind ....

What are others doing ?

Re: ' Email from UEFA / Wales Tickets '

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:53 am

I'll still go to Baku if my tickets aren't cancelled. Does anybody have hotel bookings there?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 am

All well getting there but dont forget extra cost of possibly two covid tests or if unlucky stay at your expense in hotel fof ten days on return?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:All well getting there but dont forget extra cost of possibly two covid tests or if unlucky stay at your expense in hotel fof ten days on return?

that only applies if you have travelled through a country on the red list. and even then it seems only a small minority are being sent to hotels , most are being told to isolate at home....

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:23 am

northside of risca wrote:Anyone else had an email from them offering a refund on tickets . Given on going uncertainty around travel was thinking was probably going to have to get a refund for my Rome tickets . Too many unknown permutations, gutted . Looking at the link provided the games in Baku look a safer bet given their Government’s plan to waive restrictions for visiting fans of competing teams. Don’t get me started on Baku being a host city mind ....

What are others doing ?

6 of us and are taking the weekend to think about it.. deciding Tuesday... scratched Baku already even if we have to forfeit tickets its just too much hassle when enthusiasm is so low....going forward is a different kettle of fish would be gutted to progress having given up follow my country tickets ...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:39 am

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:All well getting there but dont forget extra cost of possibly two covid tests or if unlucky stay at your expense in hotel fof ten days on return?

that only applies if you have travelled through a country on the red list. and even then it seems only a small minority are being sent to hotels , most are being told to isolate at home....

Thats why said unlucky! Italy back in strict lockdown..... dont forget if do have to isolate at home for 10days you cannot claim any money or wages
unless got good boss! so could be costly trip for 2days or so... but good luck to you that are going :thumbup:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:26 pm

skidemin wrote:
northside of risca wrote:Anyone else had an email from them offering a refund on tickets . Given on going uncertainty around travel was thinking was probably going to have to get a refund for my Rome tickets . Too many unknown permutations, gutted . Looking at the link provided the games in Baku look a safer bet given their Government’s plan to waive restrictions for visiting fans of competing teams. Don’t get me started on Baku being a host city mind ....

What are others doing ?

6 of us and are taking the weekend to think about it.. deciding Tuesday... scratched Baku already even if we have to forfeit tickets its just too much hassle when enthusiasm is so low....going forward is a different kettle of fish would be gutted to progress having given up follow my country tickets ...

I know what you mean mate , f*cking COVID sucking all the excitement out of the tournament. I had Rome, last 16 then semi to final . Optimistically will only stick with semi and final now given no travel issues with London . I’m gutted as doing a few games in France 16 will live with me till I pop it

Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:46 pm

northside of risca wrote:
skidemin wrote:

What are others doing ?

I know what you mean mate , f*cking COVID sucking all the excitement out of the tournament. I had Rome, last 16 then semi to final . Optimistically will only stick with semi and final now given no travel issues with London . I’m gutted as doing a few games in France 16 will live with me till I pop it

France can never be topped, for our first tournament in my lifetime to be somewhere so easy to get to and do so well... you couldnt ask for more... couldnt make it up either...we went out there for 10 days no tickets with the attitude of if we could be in one city when Wales were playing ..job done even without tickets... ended up with all of us paying insane amounts of money for some games , being lucky in others { if you consider being in the Russian end lucky } but seeing it all bar the England game... way over budget , cards at max but still thinking 300 quid was a sound investment for a shit seat in the semi :lol: best trip ever ever...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:39 pm

I'll be hanging on to my tickets in the hope that we get some additional charter flights to Baku from the UK. Transiting through third countries will be fraught with risk. Particularly as the third countries in this case will surely be on the red list in the near future. There's plenty of planes sitting idle on tarmac at the moment, so maybe.