' CARDIFF CITY ALMOST HAD A NEW OWNER '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY ALMOST HAD A NEW OWNER '

Postby maccydee » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:29 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The game has moved on since Sam and so has the finances. The championship is a billionaire's plaything not loads of loan notes and short term bonds.

Maybe he wants to borrow a load of money which he pays for from a wage he takes from the club and then loan us that money at high interest.

It would have been different had he been able to deliver the retail park but sadly it didn’t happen like he wanted and the rugby chaps made their money out of it instead.

maybe he wants to borrow etc etc etc...you mean what happens everywhere ?

Not when it’s against the club with no way to pay it back.

That’s when clubs fold. As almost happened to us when Ridsdale did that.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:32 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The game has moved on since Sam and so has the finances. The championship is a billionaire's plaything not loads of loan notes and short term bonds.

Maybe he wants to borrow a load of money which he pays for from a wage he takes from the club and then loan us that money at high interest.

It would have been different had he been able to deliver the retail park but sadly it didn’t happen like he wanted and the rugby chaps made their money out of it instead.

He would borrow from himself like did with Langston?
Club was screwed by rugby men and sam wanted to do same and people are happy to have him back? :o people after a past experience football as moved on extensively past 10yrs no chance of replicating anything from our past fans in particular wont tolerate anything but success especially ours.
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Club was screwed by rugby men and sam wanted to do same and people are happy to have him back? :o people after a past experience football as moved on extensively past 10yrs no chance of replicating anything from our past fans in particular wont tolerate anything but success especially ours.

Can't say I detest Sam, but he did take us to the edge, on the pitch, and off. I think some would want him back, for the nostalgia, not necessarily for what success he could bring to the club :?

As you say though, football has moved on in leaps and bounds, since he last had involvement in the game, I believe it would need a couple of people with his kind of wealth also investing tbh, the proposed new owner of Derby, has said a club in the 2nd league costs between 70/120m, then there has to be big investment on the playing side of it, I personally don't think Sam has the kind of money needed on his own, to run a successful club in the championship. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:10 am

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:

i have no idea how much sam has or if he is interested
i was just making the point its what a lot of owners have done.... including the selling party at Derby.... it wouldnt bother me either way if he came back or if i never heard his name again.... just dont get all the ill informed knee jerk crap people say 9th hand without even checking out what they are slating him for....
skidemin

Previous

Return to General Chat