Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Shocking decision again in the West Brom v Southampton.

Diagne scores for West Brom, but the assistant referee puts his flag up for offside.

Replays show that Vestergaard was clearly playing Diagne onside, but VAR sticks with the on-field decision.

I don't think VAR have had a worse few days since it came to the Premier League.

Ned was just about to tell story! Absolute joke of a decision var should have told hooper that player was onside as he clearly was... to say var couldn't definitively tell us is absolutely bollocks u me can see it why didn't they?

Again, it was obvious to everyone apart them.

I can't work out how they got that one so wrong.

Quite simple ned.....because their technology "lines" couldn't see WBA player in relation to defender var simply said sorry couldn't see it so we'll leave it with on field decision? Now to me thats bringing the official into disrepute because they can see it wasnt offside but copped out using the excuse mentioned. Incompetence is understatement. :banghead:

I agree.

Sad thing is it might not get as much media attention with West Brom halfway towards a win.

If it had cost them three points then Big Sam would have every right to be furious. Still tough for them to stay up (never say never with Sam), but those decisions can be the difference between staying up and relegation.

You only have to look at Chelsea's offside goal against us before VAR was brought in.

Yes even var couldn't get Chelsea goal wrong!
Anyway apparently var is not allowed to guess bit like the time Hawkeye couldn't see if ball crossed line last season? So as it couldn't draw a line they have to go by what linesman did... do var failed something that shouldn't happen happened....so system is flawed and shouldn't be used? It is now a real mess and all confidence in it as gone over this weekend.

You're right, it proves the lines they use don't work.

Ned before this weekend it was proven that var is not as accurate as they make out because to be 100% accurate would need a camera with shutter speeds far in excess of what they use now! Seriously need a review of how its implemented and how they measure offside? to me only safe way is by using the feet as a guide if had that tonight we wouldn't have the farce we had or the other decisions earlier. But going by what authorities are saying regarding tonight nothing will be done as var is ok in their eyes.... :o

True.

I was watching Gary Neville's latest podcast with Martin Tyler earlier. It's a good watch, they start talking about VAR from about 16.00.

He says that when he's commentating on games now, he can't focus on the match because he's always second guessing what's a foul or what isn't and what's offside or what isn't.

Think that sums up a lot of fans at the moment.

Later on he says that he actually prefers watching Salford games in League Two because there's no VAR to worry about.

Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Re: VAR again!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Diagne scores for West Brom, but the assistant referee puts his flag up for offside.

Replays show that Vestergaard was clearly playing Diagne onside, but VAR sticks with the on-field decision.

I don't think VAR have had a worse few days since it came to the Premier League.

Ned was just about to tell story! Absolute joke of a decision var should have told hooper that player was onside as he clearly was... to say var couldn't definitively tell us is absolutely bollocks u me can see it why didn't they?

Quite simple ned.....because their technology "lines" couldn't see WBA player in relation to defender var simply said sorry couldn't see it so we'll leave it with on field decision? Now to me thats bringing the official into disrepute because they can see it wasnt offside but copped out using the excuse mentioned. Incompetence is understatement. :banghead:

I agree.

Sad thing is it might not get as much media attention with West Brom halfway towards a win.

If it had cost them three points then Big Sam would have every right to be furious. Still tough for them to stay up (never say never with Sam), but those decisions can be the difference between staying up and relegation.

You only have to look at Chelsea's offside goal against us before VAR was brought in.

Anyway apparently var is not allowed to guess bit like the time Hawkeye couldn't see if ball crossed line last season? So as it couldn't draw a line they have to go by what linesman did... do var failed something that shouldn't happen happened....so system is flawed and shouldn't be used? It is now a real mess and all confidence in it as gone over this weekend.

Ned before this weekend it was proven that var is not as accurate as they make out because to be 100% accurate would need a camera with shutter speeds far in excess of what they use now! Seriously need a review of how its implemented and how they measure offside? to me only safe way is by using the feet as a guide if had that tonight we wouldn't have the farce we had or the other decisions earlier. But going by what authorities are saying regarding tonight nothing will be done as var is ok in their eyes.... :o

True.

I was watching Gary Neville's latest podcast with Martin Tyler earlier. It's a good watch, they start talking about VAR from about 16.00.

He says that when he's commentating on games now, he can't focus on the match because he's always second guessing what's a foul or what isn't and what's offside or what isn't.

Later on he says that he actually prefers watching Salford games in League Two because there's no VAR to worry about.

Funny enough a pundit said that's why likes championship no var! So obviously it's not too popular outside the premier league ? in case of var the saying goes why fix something if it's already broken? :D
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree.

True.

Funny enough a pundit said that's why likes championship no var! So obviously it's not too popular outside the premier league ? in case of var the saying goes why fix something if it's already broken? :D

Neville says he thinks most fans despise VAR and will let their thoughts be known when they're back in stadiums.

He says Premier League should listen to fans more than people like him and other commentators.

Think he's right.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 pm

Yes definitely right but we all know since when do anyone listen to fans we are 2nd class citizens as far as football authorities are concerned? Like he says need one more season to sort out offside ( I've said foot needs to be the definitive point for offside) and how var is implemented generally and then decide if its worth keeping before it ruins the game as a spectacle...
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Yes definitely right but we all know since when do anyone listen to fans we are 2nd class citizens as far as football authorities are concerned? Like he says need one more season to sort out offside ( I've said foot needs to be the definitive point for offside) and how var is implemented generally and then decide if its worth keeping before it ruins the game as a spectacle...

Agree.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Yes definitely right but we all know since when do anyone listen to fans we are 2nd class citizens as far as football authorities are concerned? Like he says need one more season to sort out offside ( I've said foot needs to be the definitive point for offside) and how var is implemented generally and then decide if its worth keeping before it ruins the game as a spectacle...

Agree.

Times up on this var discussion ned until the next time? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

Until next weekend probably :lol: :thumbright:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:13 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Agree.

Until next weekend probably :lol: :thumbright:

Will start a new thread! Or Perhaps it should have it's own section? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 pm

At it again the var official could not see that spurs player didn't touch Everton player.. he actually kicked ground and fell over can only assume andrè mariner was making cup of tea when decision was made? :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:At it again the var official could not see that spurs player didn't touch Everton player.. he actually kicked ground and fell over can only assume andrè mariner was making cup of tea when decision was made? :mrgreen:

It was a shocker, Allan; the VAR Wally, Andre Marriner, should have told Referee Micheal Oliver (he gave what he saw) to go look at the monitor...

Very poor use of VAR yet again... :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:At it again the var official could not see that spurs player didn't touch Everton player.. he actually kicked ground and fell over can only assume andrè mariner was making cup of tea when decision was made? :mrgreen:

Told you we'd be back here this weekend Allan :lol:

It's not a penalty.

I don't blame Michael Oliver because from where he was stood and at the pace that it happened, it probably looked like an obvious penalty.

When it happened, I thought it was a penalty straight away.

But as soon as I saw the replay, it was obvious that Rodriguez kicked the ground and fell over.

Can't believe that VAR didn't intervene there.

Also surprised me that Reguilon didn't complain at all.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Told you we'd be back here this weekend Allan :lol:

It's not a penalty.

I don't blame Michael Oliver because from where he was stood and at the pace that it happened, it probably looked like an obvious penalty.

When it happened, I thought it was a penalty straight away.

But as soon as I saw the replay, it was obvious that Rodriguez kicked the ground and fell over.

Can't believe that VAR didn't intervene there.

Also surprised me that Reguilon didn't complain at all.

Jamie Redknapp say defender kicked his leg?
but actually the attacker put his foot back and hit defenders leg then kicked floor and he says its defenders fault? :lol: .... said this before var should be picking this up as it is getting common practice for players to manipulate var knowing how they look at incidents in slow motion..... ffs football is a contact sport ir suppose to be..
And yes NED didn't take long to have something to talk about with var! :D
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:30 am

derby was denied the clearest penalty you will ever see? Ref looked at it straight on but waved play on if that happened in playoff final managers be screaming for var in championship! Was a ridiculous decision and makes you wonder how he was a ref.. :o
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:derby was denied the clearest penalty you will ever see? Ref looked at it straight on but waved play on if that happened in playoff final managers be screaming for var in championship! Was a ridiculous decision and makes you wonder how he was a ref.. :o

Of dear another ref having a nightmare? Ref at
shef wed game sends Bristol player off for deliberate handball on goal line but the ball clearly hits bar not his hand! VAR needed... :D :o
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:derby was denied the clearest penalty you will ever see? Ref looked at it straight on but waved play on if that happened in playoff final managers be screaming for var in championship! Was a ridiculous decision and makes you wonder how he was a ref.. :o

Of dear another ref having a nightmare? Ref at
shef wed game sends Bristol player off for deliberate handball on goal line but the ball clearly hits bar not his hand! VAR needed... :D :o

Ffs blatant handball against Swansea in penalty area defender dived and ball hit hands goalie be proud of the save.. but no pen are the officials in championship that crap? Another one for VAR ... :D
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:18 pm

VAR actually used very well in the Newcastle v West Ham game.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:VAR actually used very well in the Newcastle v West Ham game.

Unfortunately been out all day so missed 2nd half of today's footy..... ned did u see the pen that wycombe should have had? Sometimes wish could ask ref what they saw not uo give decision..was a joke decision by any strentch of anyones imagination...
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:VAR actually used very well in the Newcastle v West Ham game.

Unfortunately been out all day so missed 2nd half of today's footy..... ned did u see the pen that wycombe should have had? Sometimes wish could ask ref what they saw not uo give decision..was a joke decision by any strentch of anyones imagination...

Not seen that one.

Only a matter of time before more managers call for VAR in the Championship.

I don't think the EFL will do it though because of the cost and the fact that League One and League Two clubs will say they should have it as well.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not seen that one.

I don't think the EFL will do it though because of the cost and the fact that League One and League Two clubs will say they should have it as well.

Wycombe player was about 4yards away swans player sort of dived to use head to block shot but he had his hands out like a goalie... cannot think what ref saw not to give pen! Way things are going wont be surprised to see call for var especially if such incidents happened in playoffs ..but have said several times before this season the refereeing as been appalling and specsavers would do good trade if refs needed eyes tested..
Not sure div 1 or 2 will come into equation regarding var as font get the exposure championship does now.
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not seen that one.

Wycombe player was about 4yards away swans player sort of dived to use head to block shot but he had his hands out like a goalie... cannot think what ref saw not to give pen! Way things are going wont be surprised to see call for var especially if such incidents happened in playoffs ..but have said several times before this season the refereeing as been appalling and specsavers would do good trade if refs needed eyes tested..
Not sure div 1 or 2 will come into equation regarding var as font get the exposure championship does now.

EFL like to offer their leagues as a package so it's unlikely they'd add something to the Championship but not Leagues One and Two.

I've always said the issue with giving the Championship VAR is that it will be the same referees operating VAR.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not seen that one.

EFL like to offer their leagues as a package so it's unlikely they'd add something to the Championship but not Leagues One and Two.

I've always said the issue with giving the Championship VAR is that it will be the same referees operating VAR.

That's a horrible thought having same blind refs doing Var ...... so probably just as bad as premier league ... probably right about doing things as a package with the 3 leagues but not impossible if there was a resounding call for it by championship clubs.
pembroke allan

Previous

Return to General Chat