Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAR again!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Var disallowed two goals today 1st one no one can tell what part of elbow was offside? I possibly made it 1inch if that.... and just now liverpool player was onside on screen by at least a foot and with 1st line of var! but somehow var decided some part of body detached itself from player and made him offside absalute joke again! :roll:

Re: VAR again!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Var disallowed two goals today 1st one no one can tell what part of elbow was offside? I possibly made it 1inch if that.... and just now liverpool player was onside on screen by at least a foot and with 1st line of var! but somehow var decided some part of body detached itself from player and made him offside absalute joke again! :roll:

That disallowed Liverpool goal was a joke - not only were they looking at the lines but did the defender touch the ball .

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:22 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Var disallowed two goals today 1st one no one can tell what part of elbow was offside? I possibly made it 1inch if that.... and just now liverpool player was onside on screen by at least a foot and with 1st line of var! but somehow var decided some part of body detached itself from player and made him offside absalute joke again! :roll:

That disallowed Liverpool goal was a joke - not only were they looking at the lines but did the defender touch the ball .

Like the lines for offside the touch was inconclusive Tony...... both decision were based on less than an inch of flesh no other way to describe the margins that was used? Did var official actually saw when ball was kicked on either incident in relation to players being do called offside? because if he did he is better judge than the best expert in the field of photography using best equipment available to him... a joke is an understatement :o

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:59 am

VAR was brought in to stop clear and obvious errors .
For the Wolves and Liverpool goals I cannot see how they can be called offside as theyn werent clear and obvious errors also level used to be onside and we don't know whether that was the actual second the pass was made

In my opinion it is now being misused,stop ruining the game we love !!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 am

billy ronson wrote:VAR was brought in to stop clear and obvious errors .
For the Wolves and Liverpool goals I cannot see how they can be called offside as theyn werent clear and obvious errors also level used to be onside and we don't know whether that was the actual second the pass was made

In my opinion it is now being misused,stop ruining the game we love !!

Love for people running var to explain how they managed to distinguish between the point of offside? The arm one as far as can see line was on same part of elbow? What did they use to tell that forward was offside because picture they showed showed nothing other than one elbow was straight other was bent! Presume they said the attackers elbow was bent so was offside.... definitely a clear and obvious error by VAR :laughing5:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Spurs game........They are just wrecking the game ......I just give up

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Spurs game........They are just wrecking the game ......I just give up

Yes gave said numerous times players are manipulating var and refs and they are falling for the diving and cheating thats happening.... son is a cry baby and a cheat always doing it....he went down knowing mctominey already booked hoping var will tell ref he was smacked in mouth? If didn't score no foul so goal should have stood on that basis !

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Spurs game........They are just wrecking the game ......I just give up

Yes gave said numerous times players are manipulating var and refs and they are falling for the diving and cheating thats happening.... son is a cry baby and a cheat always doing it....he went down knowing mctominey already booked hoping var will tell ref he was smacked in mouth? If didn't score no foul so goal should have stood on that basis !

My sky contract is up in the summer, i doubt i'll renew as i am totally losing interest in the premier league.

I used to take the mick with my rugby mates by telling them the most important person in a game of rugby was the ref not the players, now its these VAR clowns in premier league football....

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:54 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

My sky contract is up in the summer, i doubt i'll renew as i am totally losing interest in the premier league.

I used to take the mick with my rugby mates by telling them the most important person in a game of rugby was the ref not the players, now its these VAR clowns in premier league football....

The bigger question is why both the ref and linesperson who saw incident as mctominey had the ball in his possession did not think it was a foul? .... But var told ref to see it again!.... Are both officials blind!! Like said if not foul then why did var think it was? None of pundits thought it was a foul either.. var should be asking ref did you see incindent if he did that should been end of it..

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Justice done in the end as it looks like Cavani has scored the winner.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:27 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Justice done in the end as it looks like Cavani has scored the winner.

They've won now 3-1 but going back to var what do they do to stop the absurd decision making of var? All 3 incidents were decided by var and not one should been disallowed ....

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Justice done in the end as it looks like Cavani has scored the winner.

They've won now 3-1 but going back to var what do they do to stop the absurd decision making of var? All 3 incidents were decided by var and not one should been disallowed ....

I've said if before.. VAR is not the problem, it's the way it's being implemented.

They won't get rid of it ever now.

There's nothing wrong with the technology but the PGMOL and Mike Riley need to work out how it's going to be used going forward into next season.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:19 pm

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says about the disallowed goal and how Son Heung-Min reacted:

“We shouldn’t be conned, but I have to say if my son stays like that for three minutes and needs ten mates to help him up, he won’t get any food.”

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says about the disallowed goal and how Son Heung-Min reacted:

“We shouldn’t be conned, but I have to say if my son stays like that for three minutes and needs ten mates to help him up, he won’t get any food.”

Mourinho responds by saying:

"Sonny is very lucky that his father is a better person than Ole.

Because as a father, you always have to feed your kids. It doesn't matter what they do.

If you have to steal to feed your kids, you steal.

I have told Ole what I think about his comments. I am very, very disappointed in him. "

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says about the disallowed goal and how Son Heung-Min reacted:

Mourinho responds by saying:

"Sonny is very lucky that his father is a better person than Ole.

Because as a father, you always have to feed your kids. It doesn't matter what they do.

If you have to steal to feed your kids, you steal.

I have told Ole what I think about his comments. I am very, very disappointed in him. "

In other words son cheated and as been doing so all this season and last! he's also as a good father teaching him in kane.. but seriously as you know I've said on numerous occasions it is getting worse and var doing nothing really to stop it in fact they encourage it with their ludicrous decisions.... would love mike Reilly to explain how both offside decisions was reached bearing in mind must be less than an inch between on or off side in both cases if in fact they were offside... :o

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I've said if before.. VAR is not the problem, it's the way it's being implemented.

There's nothing wrong with the technology but the PGMOL and Mike Riley need to work out how it's going to be used going forward into next season.

Ned we know it's not the technology but it's the face of the decision making? The official uses var technology to make decisions so have to refer to it when discussing it.... agree wont get rid of but to me that will mean more and more decisions taken away from match officials like todays man u disallowed goal? There is no way in God's earth that siàn Massey or the ref didn't see what happened so if they said no foul at the time why did they use var technology to disallow goal? He looked at monitor so by definition he used the technology to make a decision that he already made earlier by not awarding a foul....

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ned we know it's not the technology but it's the face of the decision making? The official uses var technology to make decisions so have to refer to it when discussing it.... agree wont get rid of but to me that will mean more and more decisions taken away from match officials like todays man u disallowed goal? There is no way in God's earth that siàn Massey or the ref didn't see what happened so if they said no foul at the time why did they use var technology to disallow goal? He looked at monitor so by definition he used the technology to make a decision that he already made earlier by not awarding a foul....

Should have added by giving foul they should have booked mctominay because can you give foul for accidentally touching someone's face? :o

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:06 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think it was clear to everyone today apart from the officials that Cavani's goal should have stood and Newcastle should have had a penalty.

Fortunately justice was done because both Man Utd and Newcastle won, but that's not the case every week.

With the Cavani one, it wasn't a clear and obvious error so I'm bemused how it was disallowed. It wasn't even a foul.

The idea that it would be used only for clear and obvious errors has been proven to be a lie.

Mike Riley needs to change how it is used next season or he needs to resign so someone else can change it.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:20 pm

If this was a different league in a different country we would be asking about potential corruption. But as its Blighty its plain incompetence.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think it was clear to everyone today apart from the officials that Cavani's goal should have stood and Newcastle should have had a penalty.

Fortunately justice was done because both Man Utd and Newcastle won, but that's not the case every week.

With the Cavani one, it wasn't a clear and obvious error so I'm bemused how it was disallowed. It wasn't even a foul.

The idea that it would be used only for clear and obvious errors has been proven to be a lie.

Mike Riley needs to change how it is used next season or he needs to resign so someone else can change it.

Agree ned but not hopeful of anything being done as arsen wenga is the man who can change things and what he proposes is going to complicate offside even more! But var as been implemented wrong from beginning in regards to obvious mistakes as a lot of times the ref or lino as been couple yds away and var is interfering with whats being given like todays mctominay incident ... is it now time for the ref to say if want var to look at something not the other way round? But wont be surprised to see fa just letting it run and make excuses like doing now about the errors being made by var officials

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If this was a different league in a different country we would be asking about potential corruption. But as its Blighty its plain incompetence.

Incompetence on a grand scale no other way to put it after this weekends debacle.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Shocking decision again in the West Brom v Southampton.

Diagne scores for West Brom, but the assistant referee puts his flag up for offside.

Replays show that Vestergaard was clearly playing Diagne onside, but VAR sticks with the on-field decision.

I don't think VAR have had a worse few days since it came to the Premier League.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Shocking decision again in the West Brom v Southampton.

Diagne scores for West Brom, but the assistant referee puts his flag up for offside.

Replays show that Vestergaard was clearly playing Diagne onside, but VAR sticks with the on-field decision.

I don't think VAR have had a worse few days since it came to the Premier League.

Ned was just about to tell story! Absolute joke of a decision var should have told hooper that player was onside as he clearly was... to say var couldn't definitively tell us is absolutely bollocks u me can see it why didn't they?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Ned was just about to tell story! Absolute joke of a decision var should have told hooper that player was onside as he clearly was... to say var couldn't definitively tell us is absolutely bollocks u me can see it why didn't they?

Again, it was obvious to everyone apart them.

I can't work out how they got that one so wrong.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Quite simple ned.....because their technology "lines" couldn't see WBA player in relation to defender var simply said sorry couldn't see it so we'll leave it with on field decision? Now to me thats bringing the official into disrepute because they can see it wasnt offside but copped out using the excuse mentioned. Incompetence is understatement. :banghead:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Quite simple ned.....because their technology "lines" couldn't see WBA player in relation to defender var simply said sorry couldn't see it so we'll leave it with on field decision? Now to me thats bringing the official into disrepute because they can see it wasnt offside but copped out using the excuse mentioned. Incompetence is understatement. :banghead:

I agree.

Sad thing is it might not get as much media attention with West Brom halfway towards a win.

If it had cost them three points then Big Sam would have every right to be furious. Still tough for them to stay up (never say never with Sam), but those decisions can be the difference between staying up and relegation.

You only have to look at Chelsea's offside goal against us before VAR was brought in.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree.

Sad thing is it might not get as much media attention with West Brom halfway towards a win.

If it had cost them three points then Big Sam would have every right to be furious. Still tough for them to stay up (never say never with Sam), but those decisions can be the difference between staying up and relegation.

You only have to look at Chelsea's offside goal against us before VAR was brought in.

Yes even var couldn't get Chelsea goal wrong!
Anyway apparently var is not allowed to guess bit like the time Hawkeye couldn't see if ball crossed line last season? So as it couldn't draw a line they have to go by what linesman did... do var failed something that shouldn't happen happened....so system is flawed and shouldn't be used? It is now a real mess and all confidence in it as gone over this weekend.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 pm

VAR
can see when player is 1 inch offside but is incapable of seeing when player is a foot onside? So Do we want to pay someone extra to disallow goals when already got 3 officials to do it who are actually at the game?

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree.

Anyway apparently var is not allowed to guess bit like the time Hawkeye couldn't see if ball crossed line last season? So as it couldn't draw a line they have to go by what linesman did... do var failed something that shouldn't happen happened....so system is flawed and shouldn't be used? It is now a real mess and all confidence in it as gone over this weekend.

You're right, it proves the lines they use don't work.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree.

You're right, it proves the lines they use don't work.

Ned before this weekend it was proven that var is not as accurate as they make out because to be 100% accurate would need a camera with shutter speeds far in excess of what they use now! Seriously need a review of how its implemented and how they measure offside? to me only safe way is by using the feet as a guide if had that tonight we wouldn't have the farce we had or the other decisions earlier. But going by what authorities are saying regarding tonight nothing will be done as var is ok in their eyes.... :o