Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MURPHYS ARMBAND

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:48 am

After another crap display, was it me but after he took a pathetic corner straight into the side net, he took off his arm band and threw it away. So not only gutless and useless he adds disrespectful...perhaps I'm mistaken?

Re: MURPHYS ARMBAND

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:52 am

ManInBlack wrote:After another crap display, was it me but after he took a pathetic corner straight into the side net, he took off his arm band and threw it away. So not only gutless and useless he adds disrespectful...perhaps I'm mistaken?

Is this a windup or are you just looking for a reaction which is exactly what I’ve just given you?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:18 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
ManInBlack wrote:After another crap display, was it me but after he took a pathetic corner straight into the side net, he took off his arm band and threw it away. So not only gutless and useless he adds disrespectful...perhaps I'm mistaken?

Is this a windup or are you just looking for a reaction which is exactly what I’ve just given you?

Sam, just had a check of his previous posts and another who makes it up as he goes along in the vain hope some (at very best) will believe his garb... :roll:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:37 am

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Sam, just had a check of his previous posts and another who makes it up as he goes along in the vain hope some (at very best) will believe his garb... :roll:

It’s shocking Chris

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:46 am

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Waiting for Barnet Blue to come on and back him up.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:29 am

Murphy did throw his armband away near the corner flag.I am surprised no one else spotted it.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:56 am

I don`t post negative about players or team but i find this disrespectful. Murphy took a corner as the OP said hitting side netting then ripped off armband .If you look at highlights its 48 mins into game.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:24 pm

Could be 101 reasons why he did it but I doubt disrespect was one of them or he wouldn't have worn it in the first place.

Could have been broken, to loose, to tight or many other things, non story.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 pm

He took it off as it was staying up, just a distraction. The las was respectful to wear it in the first place, take part in the Two minute silence. Some times maybe it's better to think well of someone than start a pileon? Nothing of any consequence happened because he took it off?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:58 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Murphy did throw his armband away near the corner flag.I am surprised no one else spotted it.

Many did, Rob. I don't think it was about that; more about just being negative

Murphy takes a lot of 'stick' from a relatively small band of people on here and a sound review will tell that he doesn't always get the service or opportunities with the type of game playrd under the last three managers

Whatever his reasons for taking off the armband, I very much doubt it was out of any disrespect

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:21 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:I don`t post negative about players or team but i find this disrespectful. Murphy took a corner as the OP said hitting side netting then ripped off armband .If you look at highlights its 48 mins into game.

flogged or hung ?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:50 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Murphy did throw his armband away near the corner flag.I am surprised no one else spotted it.

I spotted it too. Can't imagine why he would do that!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Just watched it back, doesn't look like he's done it out of malice or disrespect. Certainly didn't look like he "ripped it off" either. Just looked like he took it off and threw it over the side line to make sure it wasn't on the pitch.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Jesus, he is a lovely kid who was just disgusted with himself for his corner and just showed frustration with whatever he had about him, the armband was there.......

its a non story