Wilson, Osei Tut and Ojo

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wilson, Osei Tut and Ojo

Postby dazza » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am

These 3 are definitely leaving.

I'll throw in a few more names for Big Micks clear out.

Hoilet, Tomlin, Day, Murphy, Walters, Brown, Vessell and Glatzel.

I just hope he is given some funds to strengthen or it could be a very long season with us changing manager again in January.
dazza

Wilson, Osei Tut and Ojo

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wilson, Osei Tut and Ojo

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:20 pm

dazza wrote:These 3 are definitely leaving.

I just hope he is given some funds to strengthen or it could be a very long season with us changing manager again in January.

He did say that the loanees would be going back in fact I’d be surprised to see much of them over the next few games as if the manager has said that they’d be returning, it’s only natural that (maybe subconsciously) they’d take their feet off the accelerator if they’d heard they were not staying.
I too would be surprised to see some of those next season but it depends if they’re under contract or if another club wants them.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

He did say that the loanees would be going back in fact I’d be surprised to see much of them over the next few games as if the manager has said that they’d be returning, it’s only natural that (maybe subconsciously) they’d take their feet off the accelerator if they’d heard they were not staying.
I too would be surprised to see some of those next season but it depends if they’re under contract or if another club wants them.

Hoilett and Day are out of contract as is Brown ,but it was reported we have a years option on him...
skidemin

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:48 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Hoilett and Day are out of contract as is Brown ,but it was reported we have a years option on him...

Brown has done enough I think.

Watters hasn’t had a chance really.
maccydee

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:37 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’m not sure about Brown tbh. Depends on who the potential replacement is I suppose. I don’t think MM fancies Watters or Mark Harris.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:40 pm

I would like to see Osei-Tutu on loan again next season based upon his form much earlier before his injury.

Not impressed with Brown but feel that Watters has not had a chance to show what he can do for the City.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby stickywicket » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Tomlin is in contract until the end of next season. So not much chance of him leaving
stickywicket

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:18 pm

I think every club want to find a ball playing centre half, that is not Brown. He appears a decent stopper who will improve. He'll have a career, but even as a youngster he is not that mobile or a ball player. It depends on what we do with the other for me.
Hopefully Morrison stays and to maximize him we need a mobile partner, we have Nelson as first choice but that's the position we need to upgrade

Arsenal need to make a decision on Tutu. He will be 23 in October, he should have played 100 games by now. He wouldn't command a big fee, so anything under £500K he is a buy for me.

Wilson is out of our league and Ojo has done very little for me.

Watters is a strange one, because there will be very few Keifer replacements in the league, he looks a mobile play it into space type.

The question for me is whether Kieffer is still with us next season.
llan bluebird

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:29 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Brown has done ok. But he's the type of defender I want to move away from tbh. His distribution is terrible. We need to keep the ball better. Tutu would be handy to have back. Cover for NG and can play wide.

Day has already left. Think its time hoilet moved on. Mick doesn't seem to rate him either. No one is going to buy vassel with his injury record. Best we can hope is he gets a bit of luck and returns to fitness. Same for Tomlin. Someone might take a punt on Murphy. I think smithies and glatzel will be sold to raise funds to strengthen.

Not particularly optimistic of the team mick will build but I guess we will see in the summer.
Escott1927

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:40 am

stickywicket wrote:Tomlin is in contract until the end of next season. So not much chance of him leaving

Tomlin does have another year to run on his contract and can obviously sit on it.

That said history shows that he plays a blinder in his final year in order to con a new contract.

So I expect him to return from the summer break having lost a couple of stone and revert to his Pele type form hoping he can pull off the same stunt again.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skidemin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Tomlin is in contract until the end of next season. So not much chance of him leaving

Tomlin does have another year to run on his contract and can obviously sit on it.

That said history shows that he plays a blinder in his final year in order to con a new contract.

So I expect him to return from the summer break having lost a couple of stone and revert to his Pele type form hoping he can pull off the same stunt again.

really depends where his head is regarding continuing to play.... will be 33 when his contract expires, maybe he is looking at this contract as his final one ?
skidemin

Return to General Chat