McCarthy seems to really want this striker this Summer

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:29 pm

The rumours / the talk and McCarthys interest just won’t go away

Jordan Rhodes / Sheffield Wednesday / Free Agent this coming June

Football 24/7

Tuesday 13th April 2021

Cardiff City were interested in making a move for Sheffield Wednesday striker Rhodes in January, exploring a number of different options to get him on board in the final few days of January, McCarthy really wanted Rhodes then but Sheffield Wednesday wanted a fee at the time and their was no funds available.

However, no such deal could be struck and he remained at Hillsborough until the end of the season.

The veteran forward, 31, is a proven goalscorer at this level, although he looks destined to suffer relegation to League One this season.

He has registered seven goals this season.

Mick McCarthy loves Rhodes type of play and has made it clear he wanted him in January.

Verdict : Rhodes is out of contract this summer and that will be appealing to many Championship clubs, one would think.

Again, there was concrete interest towards the back end of the January window, so we know he is a player on the radar.

He adds that experience and could be a back-up option and at over 6ft has that presence about him, when he is on song. Potentially one to watch out for.

McCarthy last week stated another striker like Kieffer Moore is what he wants.

As to Max Watters, who knows?
Attachments
F4CD9C60-99EB-4216-A92F-7B380ECFF9E2.jpeg
F4CD9C60-99EB-4216-A92F-7B380ECFF9E2.jpeg (68.42 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: McCarthy seems to really want this striker this Summer

Postby Rhyswilli3303 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:57 pm

Nope!! There are much better players out there who will demand much less in wages.
Rhyswilli3303

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm

I can see this happening, as it’s a cheap option with him being out of contract soon, and if Wednesday go down. I would have been really excited about this signing quite a few years back, but I guess it would add some experience.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:59 pm

It was reported he is on the top end of 20k a week. How much of a drop in wages will he be willing to take? Goes against everything the club have been doing this season bringing down the wage bill and average age of the squad.
Escott1927

Postby montyblue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:17 pm

This is my only fear with MM he only knows players from his time in football bit like warnock old "uk" players
you get stuck with and cannot move on
The only thing i gave harris credit for was spotting younger players
rather than have beens who have been around the block thats not is not what we need imo for next season
montyblue

Postby biglad6 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:58 pm

Can someone list all the players who are out of contact at the end of this season ?
biglad6

Postby skidemin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:09 pm

montyblue wrote:This is my only fear with MM he only knows players from his time in football bit like warnock old "uk" players
you get stuck with and cannot move on
The only thing i gave harris credit for was spotting younger players
rather than have beens who have been around the block thats not is not what we need imo for next season

well id be concerned if we had a manager that was signing players who they had no knowledge of thats for sure.... how would you go about it.. names in a hat ? as for the old bit i can only assume you mean Sol... boy do i wish we could find another 31 year old Sol Bamba... Mick btw is not NW , they are different people..
skidemin

Postby skidemin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Escott1927 wrote:It was reported he is on the top end of 20k a week. How much of a drop in wages will he be willing to take? Goes against everything the club have been doing this season bringing down the wage bill and average age of the squad.

its off one of those rumour sites .... its the 4th striker linked in 10 days... strangely enough Mick has been spotted twice watching games on TV and actually mentioned going to a third game ...scouting.... not one of the 4 rumoured players played in any of those 3 games...
or maybe he plans on playin 1.1.8
skidemin

Postby Grandstand » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Get Patterson back instead.
Grandstand

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Rhodes as all footballers out of contract will have to accept the times.of getting 15k are over. Rhodes on 6k per week I would take
boyo1927

Return to General Chat