‘ CardiffCity midfielder Will Vaulks has today ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:21 am

#CardiffCity midfielder Will Vaulks has today deservedly been named by the @EFL as the 2021 @SkyBetChamp @PFA Player in the Community. :bluebird:
Attachments
4F7D513F-6762-4FCE-BCB6-F8D05D1858D8.jpeg
4F7D513F-6762-4FCE-BCB6-F8D05D1858D8.jpeg (134.75 KiB) Viewed 3571 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ CardiffCity midfielder Will Vaulks has today ‘

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:25 am

Top bloke. Well deserved.
jimmy_rat

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:34 am

Well done WIll

:bluebird: :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Sven » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:#CardiffCity midfielder Will Vaulks has today deservedly been named by the @EFL as the 2021 @SkyBetChamp @PFA Player in the Community. :bluebird:

Congratulations to Will Vaulks.. :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:58 am

The special award Cardiff City star just won hammers home why he is loved by fans wherever he goes

One Bluebirds player has been recognised by the EFL and it is further proof of just why supporters adore him at every club he goes to

SKY SPORTS

13/04/21

Cardiff City midfielder Will Vaulks has been recognised for his tremendous work off the pitch after the EFL named him the 2021 Championship PFA Player in the Community.

From day one, supporters from Rotherham and Falkirk, the Welshman's former clubs, insisted Bluebirds fans would adore Vaulks, not only for his wholehearted performances on the field, but also for just how much he contributes away from the pitch.

Last year, in an interview with WalesOnline, Vaulks urged supporters to get behind an initiative he was heavily involved in called 'Feed the NHS', aiming to keep healthcare workers fed and watered following the outbreak of coronavirus. He championed that project and has been unrelenting in his devotion to other community initiatives over the past year.

The 27-year-old, who is a Cardiff City FC Foundation ambassador, has been extremely charitable with his time, from driving the club's Home Schools Festival, in which he created videos of football challenges for children to emulate, to partaking in video calls with children and young people in which he offered advice to those who needed it.

He was also a key member of the Foundation’s Christmas Appeal, which aimed to raise money for children and young people facing inequalities across south Wales.

Vaulks, who is soon to become a father, has also recently taken part in the Foundation's Football for Dads project, run in partnership with the Mental Health Foundation, and has spoken with dads and fellow dads-to-be about the transition into fatherhood.

To his credit, the Wales international has not let his extra-curricular activities affect his performances, either. He has been one of the more consistent players for City this season and thrived during the early part of Mick McCarthy's reign. He has also scored two or three screamers along the way.

WILL VAULKS:

Will Vaulks, pictured last year helping to 'Feed the NHS', has been named the 2021 Championship PFA Player in the Community

"It’s really nice to be recognised," Vaulks told Sky Sports.

"These things are a little tough though, as you don’t do it for these reasons. You do it because you want to, and you want to help people and make a difference.

"It’s something that throughout my career so far I’ve made an effort to be involved with. As players, we have a responsibility to our club and the city in which we play football because we’re in a fortunate position. We carry that responsibility at Cardiff City and we channel that into helping as many people as we can."

The EFL said: "Vaulks’ commitment to community activities was unparalleled in terms of self-motivated volunteering and passion.

"Vaulks has dedicated significant personal time to people in the community and is a strong advocate of the benefits of volunteering for both charitable and mental health reasons."
Attachments
0_vaulks-s-big.jpg
0_vaulks-s-big.jpg (83.7 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Whistler » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am

Far too often these days professional footballers are thought to be greedy, well paid people who are self-centered with out any reality to the wider community. I am very pleased that he has been recognised with this award, and he is a credit to himself, to Cardiff City and to the community as a whole. I have great pleasure in the fact that a player from my team brings great credit to us all. a BIG WELL DONE WILL :occasion5: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Whistler

Postby castleblue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:#CardiffCity midfielder Will Vaulks has today deservedly been named by the @EFL as the 2021 @SkyBetChamp @PFA Player in the Community. :bluebird:

Well done to Will Vaulks top bloke.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Absolutely love it, when players get stuck into community projects

WELL DONE WILL VAULKS.
bluesince62

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Congratulations Will, very well done and a great effort.

He's always come across as an intelligent, level headed footballer in his interviews but I never realised he did so much off the pitch. Superb.... :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Great to see. Well done Will. :ayatollah:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Marvellous Will. Good on you.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Congratulations Will, very well done and a great effort.

He's always come across as an intelligent, level headed footballer in his interviews but I never realised he did so much off the pitch. Superb.... :bluebird:

:thumbup: :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat