Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Can Lee Tomlin replace Harry Wilson next season or

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Playing wise yes but doesnt play enough games to be on an equal footing as harry.... certainly cannot base side around him

Both fully fit and available for the whole season I’d pick Tomlin. All hypothetical though.

Yes agree for all his game time harry as not done enough

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Playing wise yes but doesnt play enough games to be on an equal footing as harry.... certainly cannot base side around him

Both fully fit and available for the whole season I’d pick Tomlin. All hypothetical though.

Yes agree for all his game time harry as not done enough

I agree. Plus the opposite applies to Tomlin, despite his lack of game time, when fit and on form he’d practically unplayable.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on this got to be a joke.

Tomlin has lost all confidence gained weight and not been at his best since he last played for us back in November time. Harry Wilson has the skills ability and got so much potential we Cardiff fans have yet to see, so its not even a question really because Tomlin will never replace the young welshman. I feel if we can get Harry to stay beyond this season with us he will show so much more quality and ability throughout next season for us and personally i think he would probably want to get us promoted.

So as you might of guessed im a huge fan of Harry Wilson and for a promotion charge i feel we need him permanently with us.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Sam ReaN wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomlin has lost all confidence gained weight and not been at his best since he last played for us back in November time. Harry Wilson has the skills ability and got so much potential we Cardiff fans have yet to see, so its not even a question really because Tomlin will never replace the young welshman. I feel if we can get Harry to stay beyond this season with us he will show so much more quality and ability throughout next season for us and personally i think he would probably want to get us promoted.

So as you might of guessed im a huge fan of Harry Wilson and for a promotion charge i feel we need him permanently with us.

Read the post mate.
‘Both fully fit’.
Comparing them (hypothetically) fully fit, as I did say, you can’t then say anything about Tomlins fitness problem. The scenario was that we were comparing them FULLY FIT.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 pm

I don't get your argument? Wilson has skills and ability but we've yet to see them so that means he's obviously better than a player who's talent is unquestionable and we saw last season?
Surely even you can agree that Tomlin last season was better than Wilson this season?

Yes Tomlin has been injured and struggled to get back to fitness but Wilson has had 33 games to show us his skills and ability yet apparently hasn't?

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:15 am

EastShoreBlue wrote:

I don't get your argument? Wilson has skills and ability but we've yet to see them so that means he's obviously better than a player who's talent is unquestionable and we saw last season?
Surely even you can agree that Tomlin last season was better than Wilson this season?

Yes Tomlin has been injured and struggled to get back to fitness but Wilson has had 33 games to show us his skills and ability yet apparently hasn't?

are YOU yet to see or is it apparently ?

Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:34 am

skidemin wrote:
EastShoreBlue wrote:

are YOU yet to see or is it apparently ?

What do you mean? I'm quoting what Sam said "Harry Wilson has the skills ability and got so much potential we Cardiff fans have yet to see"

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:28 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:42 am

Reply FB:

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 am

Escott1927 wrote:We should all be hoping Tomlin fully recovers over the summer and is able to hit form like last season. Theres already a lack of quality/creativity in the squad and wilson, ojo and Hoilet(?) won't be here next season. Dont think there will be much money available, not enough to buy someone of Tomlin or wilsons quality. Wouldnt build my team around Tomlin but he's a great option to have. He's shown he can be the difference between a loss/draw or a draw/win. We are paying for him to be at the club so might as well use him if we can.

Ir's hard to disagree with any of that, so I won't... :thumbup:

Despite him being a match winner when playing, you are right we have to take into account that we couldn't/shouldn't) 'build a team aroind him, as he is masdively unreliable where it comes to playing time

Also, and time will tell, I am told the club would like him and his wages off the pay roll to free up money that can be used elsewhere

The issue, of course, is said wages and he is unlikeky to agree to leave without suitable compensation for what he will lose by going elsewhere

The Lee Tomlin conundrum is sure to be the biggest facing the club (and maybe the supporters) this summer

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 am

Sven wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:We should all be hoping Tomlin fully recovers over the summer and is able to hit form like last season. Theres already a lack of quality/creativity in the squad and wilson, ojo and Hoilet(?) won't be here next season. Dont think there will be much money available, not enough to buy someone of Tomlin or wilsons quality. Wouldnt build my team around Tomlin but he's a great option to have. He's shown he can be the difference between a loss/draw or a draw/win. We are paying for him to be at the club so might as well use him if we can.

Despite him being a match winner when playing, you are right we have to take into account that we couldn't/shouldn't) 'build a team aroind him, as he is masdively unreliable where it comes to playing time

Also, and time will tell, I am told the club would like him and his wages off the pay roll to free up money that can be used elsewhere

The issue, of course, is said wages and he is unlikeky to agree to leave without suitable compensation for what he will lose by going elsewhere

The Lee Tomlin conundrum is sure to be the biggest facing the club (and maybe the supporters) this summer

I'm not particularly optimistic about the direction mick will take us in to be honest, if the last 8-10 games are anything to go by. All the concerns I had when he was appointed are showing during that period. I am hoping injuries have played a big part in the poor performances and that they arnt the new norm. I really can't stand the hit and hope football we play and think its pretty pathetic how reliant we are on a long throw. No idea how anyone can be happy to watch it to, and pay as well!

Tomlin is the only player, who will definitely be a Cardiff player at the
start of the season, who offers any sort creativity from midfield. Getting rid of him, particularly if he regains fitness over the summer, just takes us further away from the possibility of playing a bit of football. Unless we recruit well over the summer.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Sven wrote:

Love tomlin when he plays,always has that one trick up his sleeve! But no way build your team around him either,his recird shows he has always carried a little timber,jon parkin is another, akinfenwe the same,sone cant seem to shed it permanently,could be diet problem(greggs lol) could be a genetic thing?

Its all very well the club wanting him off the wage bill, but like bale, the ball is in his court, he has the contract! With having to oay him off, hiw much would be left for recruitment? Probably not much, and we certainly wouldnt get his type of talent for peanuts.
As you say Sven,a conundrum for the club to decide!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:54 am

If Tomlin lost as much weight as he lost confidence then he'd be very lean by now.

On a serious note, I think that while Wilson has not replicated his form for city as he had when at derby and bournmouth, that may be because of the way we play and the limited passing ability in the team.

If Mick changes that then I would love to see him back on loan next year if that was an option. Paying the fee that Liverpool want for him is a non starter. Liverpools valuation of their players is nonsense.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:02 am

Personally it’s not even the fitness issue with Tomlin it’s whether he can play in the system McCarthy wants and I just can’t see it.

Wilson is good enough, young enough and fit enough to build a team around him in my view. If there was any chance of signing him and he wanted to come I would be happy for us to spend the majority of the budget on him and then build a squad around him.

It won’t happen, I know, but you only have to look at the stats, never mind the work rate and enthusiasm, to see how important he could be for us and that’s in a quiet season for him goal wise !

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:03 pm

In answer to the Question of the topic.....

No.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 am

There’s already a thread labelled “NHS waiting list,” maybe this one could be amalgamated with it. :lol:

If he stays injury free and gets fit, then yes. Am I confident that will happen? No.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:10 am

Hypothetically speaking if a 100% fit Tomlin vs Harry Wilson for next season I would pick Tomlin all day long.

Much better creative player but ......I did say hypothetically :lol:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:10 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Hypothetically speaking if a 100% fit Tomlin vs Harry Wilson for next season I would pick Tomlin all day long.

Much better creative player but ......I did say hypothetically :lol:

Thanks for your answer mate. I agree with both points.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

I love Wayne Jenkin’s optimism.

Sign Wilson.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:13 pm

Ffs, Tomlin this, Tomlin that. He's robbed this club and you in the process.

There were highs I grant you, but on the whole he was fu... disaster.