Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT/ places to go in North Wales

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:03 pm

Bit of a random 1. Had another holiday abroad cancelled for June. So me and Mrs deciding to go to North Wales for week as dates etc already booked off with work. Never been holiday up there looking for suggestions where to go and any hotels guest houses etc allows dogs that can be recommended. 2 adults and the dog is all that will be in the party. Thanks in advance

Re: OT/ places to go in North Wales

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 pm

If on Facebook search for dog friendly accommodation and then put in what you want and where on there and they will sort you.

Rhosneigr is nice, conwy too.

Avoid Holyhead and Rhyl.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:51 pm

Not been up there myself - But this is one place to go to .....Loads to see for whatever you want .

Enjoy - Have a good time :thumbup:

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:21 am

Thanks for replies. Not on FB but done similar searches on trip advisor etc. We are looking maybe Llandudno conwy or pwhelli areas

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:33 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Thanks for replies. Not on FB but done similar searches on trip advisor etc. We are looking maybe Llandudno conwy or pwhelli areas

Llandudno and Conwy are close so you could both of them in one.

The A55 runs along the coast and it’s beautiful. Spent many an hour driving that when I was based at RAF Valley.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:16 am

Barmouth is nice, two mile long sandy beach with an area that allows dogs, nice harbour and town, well worth a visit.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:18 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Thanks for replies. Not on FB but done similar searches on trip advisor etc. We are looking maybe Llandudno conwy or pwhelli areas

Personally I think the further west you go the less "spoilt" the towns/villages are. Betws-y-coed and Bedgelert are well worth a trip.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:34 am

Thanks for tips guys spoke to 1 or 2 in work who also say similar things. So if its as good as people say could need few trips back up

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:25 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:Thanks for tips guys spoke to 1 or 2 in work who also say similar things. So if its as good as people say could need few trips back up

The Princes Arms in Trefriw is a nice mid price hotel with very good food - not sure about their dog policy though. I've stayed there many times with work. There are some lovely lakes in the mountains - Llyn Siberi, Llyn Conwy are beautiful and very quiet places. Penmon Point on Anglesey is another very nice place for a walk.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:14 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Personally I think the further west you go the less "spoilt" the towns/villages are. Betws-y-coed and Bedgelert are well worth a trip.

Problem is the further west you go the more inbred it gets. Much like South Wales.

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Problem is the further west you go the more inbred it gets. Much like South Wales.

:lol: and they're not in-bred in Wrexham and Rhyl :shock: :shock: :laughing5:

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:06 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

:lol: and they're not in-bred in Wrexham and Rhyl :shock: :shock: :laughing5:

Classed as England.

Besides less inbred more just tramps and drug dealers.

Much like Newport.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:Bit of a random 1. Had another holiday abroad cancelled for June. So me and Mrs deciding to go to North Wales for week as dates etc already booked off with work. Never been holiday up there looking for suggestions where to go and any hotels guest houses etc allows dogs that can be recommended. 2 adults and the dog is all that will be in the party. Thanks in advance

Speaking from personal experience, I think that staying in a hotel with a dog is just too restricting. You normally can’t leave them unattended in your room at all

When we take our dog on holiday with us we always go in a lodge/caravan. It’s just so much easier as you can usually leave them in the lodge alone for a few hours (as long as they are well behaved and don’t bark constantly) etc while we go out for food or visit an attraction.

Many lodges also have enclosed verandas where you and dog can sit out in during the day/evening

At the moment the price of decent lodges have gone through the roof, but if your prepared to pay the price I would definitely recommend a lodge over a hotel

There is plenty to do and see in North Wales to keep you occupied for a week but personally I wouldn’t say it’s one of the most dog friendly parts of the country

I have always found West Wales and Cornwall the most “dog friendly” places around. Lots of the beeches allow dogs on them and they both have coastal paths for walking and many dog friendly pubs etc

Hope this helps

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Anglesey is very good and dog has friendly beaches.benllech and calmest bay to name two.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:47 pm

In 2017, we stayed at Gallt-y-Foel in an air B&B; myself the missus and the dog. It's a good location; not far from Llanberis and Snowdon and seaside places such as Colwyn Bay. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2885593? ... zebGIVhdgq

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Thanks for all the info guys. We have just booked a anex room with its own fenced off garden etc. In Deganwy which is between conwy and Llandudno. With costal path where we can walk to either place (approx 30 mins in either direction). 7 nights on air bnb sc etc £375 bargain