The two Cardiff City young guns who immediately caught Mick

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:46 pm

The two Cardiff City young guns who immediately caught Mick McCarthy's eye as he hints at blooding youth

Thursday 15th April 2021

With little to play for in the final five games, the Bluebirds manager has hinted there could be a few changes to the side in the coming weeks

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has hinted that some Bluebirds youngsters could get their chance to impress in the coming weeks.

With nothing left to play for, given the play-off dream is now practically, if not mathematically, over, there are some who believe now is the time for the up-and-coming kids in the academy to get their shot.

City have five games left to play this term, which represents a potentially meaningful sample size for McCarthy ahead of next season.

And, while still keeping his cards close to his chest, he offered a hint that some of City's young guns could come into the fold and get some first-team minutes under their belts before the season's end.

MICK MCCarthy:

"Some of the younger players might get an opportunity," McCarthy said.

"We have a responsibility to try and win the games and play well, but there may well be (scope to blood youngsters), because you talk about the play-offs, the play-offs are not happening, we are 12 points adrift with five games to go. That's just not happening.

"Whatever we did, if we win all the games, the other teams have enough about them to win enough points to stop that.

"We have just got to try and win them all. If you are preparing for next season, you want to finish on a high."

We have seen a number of young players come into the fold throughout the campaign, indeed our fan columnist Scott Johnson believes it is the most pleasing aspect of the season, but game-time has been few and far between for them with so much on the line.

Now, though, we could see a change of tack.

There are a clutch of youngsters who are pushing their case for more involvement, Rubin Colwill, Kieron Evans, Keenan Patten and Isaak Davies among them.

And from the very start, two of the above caught the manager's eye.

"The training sessions, one of my first training sessions, it was Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies who caught my eye," McCarthy said. "They have both been in the squads, Rubin’s been on the pitch.

"But the other lads, Tom Sang has just signed a new contract, Browny, Ciaron Brown, who was up in Scotland, has come back and played in the team and done very well.

"I'm pleased with some of the youngsters. It’s a positive, certainly, we’d like to get some more through."
Attachments
0_JS227464528.jpg
0_JS227464528.jpg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat