NHS waiting lists

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NHS waiting lists

Postby Bluebina » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Through the roof, it's going to take a long time to get over the last year, it's hard enough to see a doctor to actually get on a list.

You shouldn't have too, but private health insurance looks a good safety net for the next five years or more?
Bluebina

NHS waiting lists

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NHS waiting lists

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Bluebina wrote:Through the roof, it's going to take a long time to get over the last year, it's hard enough to see a doctor to actually get on a list.

You shouldn't have too, but private health insurance looks a good safety net for the next five years or more?

The lists are now beginning to open I've got appt to see consultant next month postponed last may!! But also I know from my work that things are moving but will take years to catch up if at all will need massive investment thats for sure... as for private health care fine if can afford it but dont be surprised if find restrictions on policy are far more than before pandemic? Companies want to cash in on extreme waiting times but they're not stupid ..
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Through the roof, it's going to take a long time to get over the last year, it's hard enough to see a doctor to actually get on a list.

The waiting lists are the worst on record!! Hardly a surprise though, seeing as nothing but covid cases seemed to matter.the knock on effect is going to go on for years,probably costing as many, if not more deaths than the covid "figures" ive said it like that,as im not a fan of how a death is recorded, regarding covid, as with and of are vastly different imho.

The lists are now beginning to open I've got appt to see consultant next month postponed last may!! But also I know from my work that things are moving but will take years to catch up if at all will need massive investment thats for sure... as for private health care fine if can afford it but dont be surprised if find restrictions on policy are far more than before pandemic? Companies want to cash in on extreme waiting times but they're not stupid ..
bluesince62

Postby skidemin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 am

pembroke allan wrote:

opening up or catching up....
the figure for missed cancer screenings is in the millions.... and thats just 1 thing...
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:26 am

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

opening up or catching up....
the figure for missed cancer screenings is in the millions.... and thats just 1 thing...

Bit of both some clinics like cardiology have extra clinics I'm going to general surgery so thats opening up... while im not awaiting treatment my appointment is important for me! But I know deaths from missed treatment or diagnosis will run into thousands but this will be buried as it is now.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:39 am

I'm only surprised that anyone tis surprised, as the pandemic as wreaked havoc with an already stretched system

I know people who have been afraid (maybe overly cautious would be a better term) to go see there doctors, consultants, dentists and other medical practitioners out of a sense of being unsure of what constitutes/warrants a visit

Going to take some time and effort form all sides to get it back to anywhere near normal :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Sven wrote:I'm only surprised that anyone tis surprised, as the pandemic as wreaked havoc with an already stretched system

I know people who have been afraid (maybe overly cautious would be a better term) to go see there doctors, consultants, dentists and other medical practitioners out of a sense of being unsure of what constitutes/warrants a visit

Going to take some time and effort form all sides to get it back to anywhere near normal :(

It is in a hell of a state, I think it will take ten years or more to get anything like a health service, private is the only way for the next ten years at least.
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Sven wrote:I'm only surprised that anyone tis surprised, as the pandemic as wreaked havoc with an already stretched system

It is in a hell of a state, I think it will take ten years or more to get anything like a health service, private is the only way for the next ten years at least.

You forget private health wouldnt cover existing conditions normally.... but your right private care get you to see consultant quicker than nhs unless its urgent? But would not be surprised at a long list of exclusions to optimise income whilst paying out little as possible....:old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I'm not unsure it's what 'they' (the Government) want and can blame Covid-19 for forcing it on us

As will be exposed over the next few weeks, there are some pretty high key personal and financial interests in such happenings ;) :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I'm not unsure it's what 'they' (the Government) want and can blame Covid-19 for forcing it on us

As will be exposed over the next few weeks, there are some pretty high key personal and financial interests in such happenings ;) :(

I bet, there is a brown envelope shortage in the South East :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:37 pm

Consultants who have been ‘off work’ due to nothing much happening in the NHS due to covid have been working right through seeing their private patients.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:08 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The waiting lists are the worst on record!! Hardly a surprise though, seeing as nothing but covid cases seemed to matter.the knock on effect is going to go on for years,probably costing as many, if not more deaths than the covid "figures" ive said it like that,as im not a fan of how a death is recorded, regarding covid, as with and of are vastly different imho.

Dont know what happened there! I did post that the waiting lists are the highest on record! Will take many years to catch uo imho.
bluesince62

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:15 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Dont know what happened there! I did post that the waiting lists are the highest on record! Will take many years to catch uo imho.

Be surprised if ever catch up... it's not a simple case of having more clinics ect no matter how much money you throw at it you've got to have staff/ machines to work excessive hours which wont work within nhs system the way it is .... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:08 am

bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

many will just die....
skidemin

Postby davids » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

skidemin wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

many will just die....

Indeed. Many have already died but for the last 13 months unless you've died "with covid" nobody in government really gives a shit.
davids

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Be surprised if ever catch up... it's not a simple case of having more clinics ect no matter how much money you throw at it you've got to have staff/ machines to work excessive hours which wont work within nhs system the way it is .... :old:

Agreed, we have cover and my Mrs needed a MRI and ultrasound on a shoulder injury, NHS basically couldn't get anywhere at all, list for a list for the consultant, probably a way of showing a shorter waiting list. They said you have to see a consultant before a scan, and God knows when that will be, claimed today booked in Thursday, the NHS has had it for the next decade, it's just not fit for purpose.
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:11 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agreed, we have cover and my Mrs needed a MRI and ultrasound on a shoulder injury, NHS basically couldn't get anywhere at all, list for a list for the consultant, probably a way of showing a shorter waiting list. They said you have to see a consultant before a scan, and God knows when that will be, claimed today booked in Thursday, the NHS has had it for the next decade, it's just not fit for purpose.

Even before covid demand was outstripping ability of nhs to supply services.... if got health insurance thats good news for people .....but if you try get cover now watch out for the hidden clauses after all we know companies will do anything they can not to pay for anything ..
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Even before covid demand was outstripping ability of nhs to supply services.... if got health insurance thats good news for people .....but if you try get cover now watch out for the hidden clauses after all we know companies will do anything they can not to pay for anything ..

Yes true they will lower the benefits over time, the same happened with critical illness cover, modern policies have much more exclusions.
Bluebina

Return to General Chat