Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay was the last Cardiff manager

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 am

Malky Mackay was the last Cardiff manager to Win away at Reading.

Reading are unbeaten in 10 matches against Cardiff in all competitions (W4 D6) since losing 2-0 in the league in November 2015.

Cardiff are looking for their first away league win over Reading since November 2011, winning 2-1 under Malky Mackay.

Reading have won three of their last four at home in the league (D1), scoring eight and conceding just twice in this spell.

The last time the Royals went five league games unbeaten at the Madejski Stadium was between January and March 2019 (W3 D2).

After going unbeaten for their first 11 league games under Mick McCarthy (W7 D4), Cardiff have now only won one of their last six in the Championship (D2 L3).

Mick McCarthy has lost his last six away league matches against Reading, since leading Sunderland to a 2-0 win in March 2004.

Re: Malky Mackay was the last Cardiff manager

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:48 am

Didn't realise this; and it's a little shocking :shock:

Always enjoy a trip up to the Reading Industrial Estate (getting out of that car park apart) and thought we'd done better than that :o

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Malky Mackay MM - Mick McCarthy MM, just a coincidence or what. Just saying :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Who was the last manager we’ve had to NOT pick up some points away to Leeds?
I genuinely don’t know.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:28 pm

I still can't get over that last kick of the game goal by their goalkeeper to deny us a 1-0 win at their place. Chopra scored for us in the last minute of normal time.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Who was the last manager we’ve had to NOT pick up some points away to Leeds?
I genuinely don’t know.

Slade?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Who was the last manager we’ve had to NOT pick up some points away to Leeds?
I genuinely don’t know.

Slade?

Could well be.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:10 pm

And still is :bluebird:

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
I genuinely don’t know.

Slade?

way before Slade { who managed 2 games at Elland Rd one win , one defeat.... }
even Durban managed a point up there in his one game..

1983 Len Ashursts only away game against them lost 1-0... attendance 12k...