UPDATED: “ WHY ?????? ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ WHY ?????? ?

Postby Fairblue27 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:31 am

To be honest Annis my comments were not aimed at you as you always seem to me to be 100% supportive of our managers when others are calling for their heads.
And of course everyone is entitled to their opinions that's why we use the forum.
Unfortunately there are though individuals already referencing negatives about MM saying "this is how it went wrong at Ipswich".
How about saying this is how he got Wolves & Sunderland promoted?
MM is already being labelled by some as being stubborn set in his ways and a negative attitude, based on what?
I can see this as being the thin end of the wedge for those who never wanted MM as manager.
All I'm saying is we as a fan base should cut him some slack and let's see where we are after 12 games of next season when he's had a chance to put his stamp on the squad.
Fairblue27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 am

Fairblue27 wrote:To be honest Annis my comments were not aimed at you as you always seem to me to be 100% supportive of our managers when others are calling for their heads.
And of course everyone is entitled to their opinions that's why we use the forum.
Unfortunately there are though individuals already referencing negatives about MM saying "this is how it went wrong at Ipswich".
MM is already being labelled by some as being stubborn set in his ways and a negative attitude, based on what?
I can see this as being the thin end of the wedge for those who never wanted MM as manager.
All I'm saying is we as a fan base should cut him some slack and let's see where we are after 12 games of next season when he's had a chance to put his stamp on the squad.

Fair play Glyn you are so right about a few bringing up Ipswich years but they forget McCarthy had NO money for nearly 5 yrs , and as you say they forget Sunderland / Wolves days and Republican Ireland days , unbelievable days :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:56 am

Fairblue27 wrote:To be honest Annis my comments were not aimed at you as you always seem to me to be 100% supportive of our managers when others are calling for their heads.

That I totally agree with.

Sadly my fickle fans post was right.

Opinions is fine but fickle is not. They are the fans who will say how great he is after a few wins.
maccydee

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:30 am

Personally i'd be surprised if any are good enough to jump out of U23 into the championship when most of our promising lads were U18's the season before last.

For me its about assessing where we send them on loan to, L1,L2, conference or LoW. Lets be honest here, we are happy for Sang and Brown because they haven't fcuked up, they only win our MoM awards because of that paternal instinct inside us all as they are one of "our" kids.

Bagan looked very promising, but you couldn't load the pressure of a 46 game season on him, look at Tutu barely lasted 8 games.

This is a very hard unforgiving league, we are playing 2 of the kids already.
llan bluebird

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:51 am

I would like to have seen an experimental team but I have to agree that would be unfair on other sides chasing play offs etc.
I remember we beat Huddersfield 3-0 when they rested almost their whole team once they had guaranteed a play off spot (they went up) purely to rest their best 11.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 pm

agree..and the like Ipswich fans have said stuff is rubbish...most of their fans thought he did a very decent job there keeping them stable with no money and having to sell anyone worth anything... the fact he was there 6 years speaks volumes....plus he did play kids ,he had too... here..i thing he stabalised us and deserves a fair crack next season...should it go wrong he will be sacked which is exactly what would also happen if we had not given him a 2 year contract but instead employed a philosopher at the end of this season who was also under performing....
skidemin

Postby Bonner » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 pm

Had to play his strongest team as it still had an impact on the play off teams.
If we had played youngsters and Reading won that would of been unfair in Bournemouth: Barnsley.
Bonner

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Bonner wrote:Had to play his strongest team as it still had an impact on the play off teams.
If we had played youngsters and Reading won that would of been unfair in Bournemouth: Barnsley.

How are you suppose to develop your youngsters then if you cant play them? What's the point of having them on the bench if they are never going to be used? Bringing on colwill for 15mins would have hardly turned the team into the u23s.
Escott1927

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:04 am

Initially I was annoyed. However, next season, when MM tries to rally the team and install a never give up mentality, it only takes one player to point out that he threw the towel in this season - whilst it was mathematically possible to reach the playoffs - to make him look like a hypocrite. Hopefully we will see many youngsters afforded an opportunity in the coming weeks. :bluescarf:
103 Barmy Army

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:38 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Initially I was annoyed. However, next season, when MM tries to rally the team and install a never give up mentality, it only takes one player to point out that he threw the towel in this season - whilst it was mathematically possible to reach the playoffs - to make him look like a hypocrite. Hopefully we will see many youngsters afforded an opportunity in the coming weeks. :bluescarf:

If we were playing well then I'd agree. But we haven't played well for a while now. The intensity we played at when mick came in is only sustainable with good squad rotation, which I dont think he's done particularly well since he's been here.
Escott1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Because MM is older than Harris but younger than Warnock....that is the difference between the three! :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Fairblue27 wrote:It doesn't take too long before the goodwill starts to disappear and the steady drip of criticism starts against the manager.
If we were in Barnsley or Bournemouths position we'd be furious if the team in 8th in the league turned out a team of kids against one of our promotion rivals.
Why don't we give the bloke at least one transfer window and half of the next season before all the sniping starts again.

So we are not allowed to give our view / opinions???

I am still backing Mick and i want him here next season, but this is a football forum where we debate, say how we honestly feel.

The CCFC Committee and Glen Williams keep saying that we have the best 17,18,18 year olds for 11 years, well for me if Mick believes that as well, I would of expected at least one playing last night as there is no pressure on these games :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Experience for them :bluebird:

Are we not allowed to discuss these things???????

I dont see it as "sniping" either Annis, its everyone's right to voice their feelings,whether people agree with them is irrelevant imho, thats why they are opinions.

I will say,MM is our manager,and I back ALL of our managers, if they were not my choice too bad!
But I am dissapointed too, as when glatzel left mick said hed have "no worries playing colwill,watters etc, but even when its clear to stevie wonder moore is f@cked, he doesnt even give them 20 mins, to give moore the much needed rest he deserves, its all very well saying we missed out on final day of window, but it has left us short up top,with no trust from MM in the youngsters it seems? I guess we will have to wait until after brentford?
bluesince62

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:Initially I was annoyed. However, next season, when MM tries to rally the team and install a never give up mentality, it only takes one player to point out that he threw the towel in this season - whilst it was mathematically possible to reach the playoffs - to make him look like a hypocrite. Hopefully we will see many youngsters afforded an opportunity in the coming weeks. :bluescarf:

If we were playing well then I'd agree. But we haven't played well for a while now. The intensity we played at when mick came in is only sustainable with good squad rotation, which I dont think he's done particularly well since he's been here.

That’s a good point regarding squad rotation, especially when playing the high pressing, high tempo game out of possession which appears to have loss it’s intensity recently. However, that hasn’t necessarily got to be the youngsters who are more liable to make mistakes so early in their footballing journey and still developing. There are seasoned players such as Junior Hoilett who haven’t played for ages, injury aside, who are currently more capable and collecting a wage. Once mathematically impossible, I think we will see a proportionate blend of youth embedded into the starting line up, with the experienced players acting as mentors.

Your point is valid though, and personally I agree with you. I’d have like to have seen the youngsters given far more minutes on the pitch to date. I can also see the argument for picking the best team this time around until we can’t make the play offs.
103 Barmy Army

Postby RageJon » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:06 am

I havent commented on mick much as he had a great start

Looking at the future of players I believe atleast 9 should go in the summer

Completely back the youngster's they need to be given a chance as we have nothing to play for now

Mick should be a time gap and we really need to find a manager that will play in form hungry players as thid shows mick isn't a forward thinking manager.. we make the same mistake all the time a manager has a run of results and we gibe them a substantial contract its a waste of money
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Brentford only won one game in last six.

Colwill omitted and Bacuna back in.

Why I ask again if our 17,18 & 19 yr olds are so good why not tonight ?????

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED: “ WHY ?????? ?

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:42 pm

Reply Fb:
Attachments
3CCB5402-F52E-475D-924A-D7C969398170.jpeg
3CCB5402-F52E-475D-924A-D7C969398170.jpeg (102.88 KiB) Viewed 2243 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
F149179D-79C0-4354-9650-31A8F7A020A7.jpeg
F149179D-79C0-4354-9650-31A8F7A020A7.jpeg (209.26 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
62B9A8A9-D9E9-43C5-837E-61F1C82E33BF.jpeg
62B9A8A9-D9E9-43C5-837E-61F1C82E33BF.jpeg (184.12 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Updated: NO YOUNGSTERS???

Wilson off, Bacuna on.

Pack off, Ojo on.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Why? Is McCarthy persevering with Ralls, absolutely woeful, no contribution whatsoever to the game?
Why? Is McCarthy not playing the youngsters?
Ponty Bluebird

Postby ChippyAl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 pm

I would love to see some of the youngsters but we have a responsibility to football to go out and try and win games.

Reading and Brentford are certainly not the games to field youngsters either. Having not played any championship football the last thing they need is to come up against very good players and get owned all game or be part of a hammering. Bring one or two in slowly over next few games against teams lower down in the league.
ChippyAl

Postby skidemin » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:Why? Is McCarthy persevering with Ralls, absolutely woeful, no contribution whatsoever to the game?

why do you think the youngsters are in some cases ..good enough...in others ready...
every single year we release a raft of young men who generally dont make the grade anywhere else so i proper do not understand where all this is coming from....what makes people think this year is the golden generation ? its not even like they are a good under 23s team ?
skidemin

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:06 pm

skidemin wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:Why? Is McCarthy persevering with Ralls, absolutely woeful, no contribution whatsoever to the game?

why do you think the youngsters are in some cases ..good enough...in others ready...
every single year we release a raft of young men who generally dont make the grade anywhere else so i proper do not understand where all this is coming from....what makes people think this year is the golden generation ? its not even like they are a good under 23s team ?

Bagan, sang and brown have come in and done a pretty good job. How do you know colwill or Davies etc cant do the same? We hit so many long balls for Moore to chase, its no wonder he has been run into the ground in recent weeks. Surely watters or Harris could provide that energy in the last 15mins of games and give Moore some rest.
Escott1927

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:07 pm

ChippyAl wrote:I would love to see some of the youngsters but we have a responsibility to football to go out and try and win games.

Reading and Brentford are certainly not the games to field youngsters either. Having not played any championship football the last thing they need is to come up against very good players and get owned all game or be part of a hammering. Bring one or two in slowly over next few games against teams lower down in the league.

No one in the league plays their youngsters then do they? There have been other games before the last two as well. Not like we have been playing well either.
Escott1927

Postby ChippyAl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
ChippyAl wrote:I would love to see some of the youngsters but we have a responsibility to football to go out and try and win games.

No one in the league plays their youngsters then do they? There have been other games before the last two as well. Not like we have been playing well either.
ChippyAl

Postby ChippyAl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Escott1927 wrote:

Hi mate.

What I’m saying is you can’t throw them in cold.

Most teams wouldn’t suddenly decide to put two or three 17/18 year olds with no league experience against clubs at the top of the league at the business end of the season. If Colwill had played more, like Bagan has done throughout the season, and done well it would be different. Also, putting youngsters in to a struggling team isn’t necessarily the best approach either. It’s a balancing act and easing them in at the right time. Next 3 games against teams at the bottom is a good opportunity to give Colwill some minutes of the bench and see how he does. If it goes well maybe give him a half in the last game.
ChippyAl

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:08 pm

ChippyAl wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Hi mate.

What I’m saying is you can’t throw them in cold.

Most teams wouldn’t suddenly decide to put two or three 17/18 year olds with no league experience against clubs at the top of the league at the business end of the season. If Colwill had played more, like Bagan has done throughout the season, and done well it would be different. Also, putting youngsters in to a struggling team isn’t necessarily the best approach either. It’s a balancing act and easing them in at the right time. Next 3 games against teams at the bottom is a good opportunity to give Colwill some minutes of the bench and see how he does. If it goes well maybe give him a half in the last game.

Watters and Harris already have league experience so hardly throwing them in cold. These lads havnt been plucked out of the u23s an hour before kickoff either. They have been training with the first team for a while. Moore has been run ragged and his form and our form has dropped as a result. The short term gains from playing him constantly havnt been worth the long term loss. How many times did mick say he needed a rest just to play him for 90mins?
I think the majority of people don't want to see 2 of 3 more added as that would be a recipe for disaster, I think most people would be happy just to see one given half hour or so. I would be more demoralised as a player if I knew I was I added to the bench just to make up the numbers and the manager had no intention of playing me.

We won't know how these lads will cope unless they are given a chance.
Escott1927

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 pm

The integrity of the game. We need to put our best team out at all times
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby skidemin » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:53 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Bagan, sang and brown have come in and done a pretty good job. How do you know colwill or Davies etc cant do the same? We hit so many long balls for Moore to chase, its no wonder he has been run into the ground in recent weeks. Surely watters or Harris could provide that energy in the last 15mins of games and give Moore some rest.

how do i know ??????????? ....i do not know..im not at training..ive not managed at this level...ive not given over a hundred players their league debuts. i trust the experts and sorry but you are not one.... and no other clubs do not just think an under 23 player made a debut and was ok so therefore all the under 23s must be ok let alone all this stuff about pace and creativity ..you do not know , youve only seen them in under 23 games which tbh is a long way short of championship level...
just another stick to hit the manager with....
skidemin

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:51 am

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

how do i know ??????????? ....i do not know..im not at training..ive not managed at this level...ive not given over a hundred players their league debuts. i trust the experts and sorry but you are not one.... and no other clubs do not just think an under 23 player made a debut and was ok so therefore all the under 23s must be ok let alone all this stuff about pace and creativity ..you do not know , youve only seen them in under 23 games which tbh is a long way short of championship level...
just another stick to hit the manager with....

I dont think even the most naive of football fans thinks just because one player has done well it means every player will. You dont need that to happen either, you just need a few to complement the squad. Obviously there is a difference between u23 and the Championship but until these lads are given decent minutes we won't know how good they are or if they are ready. Id rather bleed a few in now when we have nothing to play for than try do it at the start of next season. At least we get an idea of where we stand and where we need to recruit over the summer.

The manager cristism thing is getting boring. You beat Harris with every stick available at the earliest opportunity. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is rosey or pretend to like something that I dont. Mick, deservedly, received a lot of praise when he go here and took us on that run. Now we've won 1 game in 8 and last night was the first decent performance in like 10 games. I've got nothing against mick, I want him to do well, as I have with every manager. But If he is going to receive praise when its going good then he should expect to be critised when it isn't.
Escott1927

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat