Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: “ WHY ?????? ?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Updated: NO YOUNGSTERS???

Wilson off, Bacuna on.

Pack off, Ojo on.

WHY I WILL ASK AGAIN??

Second game in a row, nothing to play for, for Cardiff City.
But there is in my opinion let’s see our 17,18,19 year olds just 2 or 3 in the team and see really how good they are?

The CCFC COMMITTEE keep saying they are the best for 11 years and many will be part of next seasons team / first team squad, Glen Williams of the Echo rates them very very highly.

Now is the time to play them as NO pressure at all.

IF THEY REALLY ARE THAT GOOD / CCFC COULD SAVE BIG MONEY THIS SUMMER :bluebird: / THEY NEEDED THESE GAMES :bluebird: :bluebird: / NOT JUST THE LAST COUPLE.

UPDATED: Tuesday 20th April 2021

Brentford v Cardiff City

Brentford only won one game in last six.

Colwill omitted and Bacuna back in.

Why I ask again if our 17,18 & 19 yr olds are so good why not tonight again ?????

This surely is the time to play them so we know what we have to do in this Summers transfers?

Reading v Cardiff City

Why did we not play any of our 18,19yr olds tonight ? v

The CCFC Committee keep saying they are amazing, so in a nothing game v Reading why not play a few???

And why are we playing loan players and then bringing on loan players as subs and not our so called brilliant youth ???

In a nothing game ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ WHY ?????? ?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Moore needs a rest. Completely off the pace, first touch awful.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 pm

And why are we playing loan players and then bringing on loan players as subs and not our so called brilliant youth ???

In a nothing game ??

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:56 pm

Lack of foresight?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Lack of trust?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:58 pm

Lack of managerial forward thinking?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:00 pm

And the same players will still play next game.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Why Colwill did not get a run I have no idea

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 pm

He loves his favourites. Love his old fashioned mannerisms but it ain't the way forward.

I'll back him to the hilt as he's our manager but he ain't the way forward.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Im starting to the think MM is more interested in keeping his losing stats low, so would rather play for a draw with his trusted players and formation. I would have liked to seen some of the youngsters tonight.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:12 pm

Reply Twitter:

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:13 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:Im starting to the think MM is more interested in keeping his losing stats low, so would rather play for a draw with his trusted players and formation. I would have liked to seen some of the youngsters tonight.

This is exactly what Ipswich fans said about him. He would rather play for a draw with his old favourites than try to win a game. I feel sorry for the youngsters it's becoming increasingly clear MCCarthy has no intention of bringing the youngsters on he is simply not that type of manager. All managers talk about it but it's nothing but talk in McCarthys case.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Reply Twitter:

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Why did we not play any of our 18,19yr olds tonight ?

The CCFC Committee keep saying they are amazing, so in a nothing game v Reading why not play a few???

In a nothing game ??

I'm with you, Annis... :(

I could see it to a point but any Play-off hopes were gone before this game started but not to introduce any later in the gamecwas a missed opportunity

I don't think he will 'risk' them again v Brentford but it should happen and it must happen soon :thumbright:

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:19 pm

I can understand why they didn't start.

I think he wanted to get Reading and Brentford out of the way first, as they are two very difficult games.

Can see them getting game time in the last three games.

But I was a little surprised none of them got 20 minutes off the bench.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:20 pm

It doesn't take too long before the goodwill starts to disappear and the steady drip of criticism starts against the manager.
If we were in Barnsley or Bournemouths position we'd be furious if the team in 8th in the league turned out a team of kids against one of our promotion rivals.
Why don't we give the bloke at least one transfer window and half of the next season before all the sniping starts again.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:34 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:It doesn't take too long before the goodwill starts to disappear and the steady drip of criticism starts against the manager.
If we were in Barnsley or Bournemouths position we'd be furious if the team in 8th in the league turned out a team of kids against one of our promotion rivals.
Why don't we give the bloke at least one transfer window and half of the next season before all the sniping starts again.

Nobody is saying we should field a team full of players from the u23s. What people do want to see though is players like colwill get a game, or at least the last 20mins of a game. How many times have they been on the bench and how many times have they been used? We can use 5 subs in a game yet mick rarely uses more than 2 and then complains about players being tired. Mick has had plenty of time to adapt and make changes but there seems to be a theme with micks team and tactics.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:12 pm

I think he had to play the ‘first’ team tonight whilst it was still mathematically possible to make the play offs, especially against a team who we were chasing down.

Now that it is over though, he should bring them in and also try different formations. I would start by changing up the midfield completely - give Sang a go in there and bring in Colwill.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:15 pm

Totally with you on this Annis.

Watters for definite should have played.
Colwill probably too.

Crazy.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:18 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:It doesn't take too long before the goodwill starts to disappear and the steady drip of criticism starts against the manager.

I sort of agree with you that there has been sniping against Mick but there isn’t any from Annis and certainly not this post.

Playing the youth is crucial for our long term prospects.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:50 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Lack of managerial forward thinking?

or maybe he is a very experienced manager who sees them all the time and knows when and if to play them........ possibly he never watched jim ll fix it so doesnt quite grasp this just giv em a go thing at all....

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Thinks might change now after tonight's results .

Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:53 am

Our youngsters might be overrated maybe (again...).???
Would definitely have them on the bench and then give them game time but it will give next season a different feel if we finish strongly instead of losing our last 4 games and finishing 10th or 12 etc.
Would like to see Colwill and Waterrs get some decent game time

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Why did we not play any of our 18,19yr olds tonight ?

In a nothing game ??

I'm with you, Annis... :(

I could see it to a point but any Play-off hopes were gone before this game started but not to introduce any later in the gamecwas a missed opportunity

I don't think he will 'risk' them again v Brentford but it should happen and it must happen soon :thumbright:

Im very disappointed Chris not see any playing as we keep hearing how great they are , now is the chance to put them out there. :bluebird:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I can understand why they didn't start.

I think he wanted to get Reading and Brentford out of the way first, as they are two very difficult games.

Can see them getting game time in the last three games.

But I was a little surprised none of them got 20 minutes off the bench.

Ned, say just one last night, one v Brentford ad then say three the rest of the games??

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:36 am

So we are not allowed to give our view / opinions???

I am still backing Mick and i want him here next season, but this is a football forum where we debate, say how we honestly feel.

The CCFC Committee and Glen Williams keep saying that we have the best 17,18,18 year olds for 11 years, well for me if Mick believes that as well, I would of expected at least one playing last night as there is no pressure on these games :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Experience for them :bluebird:

Are we not allowed to discuss these things???????

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:38 am

maccydee wrote:

I sort of agree with you that there has been sniping against Mick but there isn’t any from Annis and certainly not this post.

Thank you Neil, I really want to see them in matches like these, the best experience ever :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And yes I am a Big Mick fan :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Thank you Neil, I really want to see them in matches like these, the best experience ever :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I think his points were fair otherwise though. There is a sniping towards Mick. Dinosaur and other digs.

But certainly not from you mate.

You actually are more positive about him than I am. I think last few games we have looked Harris like and seeing as we played far better and know the players are capable I feel it is something that must fall on the manager.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:03 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I think his points were fair otherwise though. There is a sniping towards Mick. Dinosaur and other digs.

But certainly not from you mate.

You actually are more positive about him than I am. I think last few games we have looked Harris like and seeing as we played far better and know the players are capable I feel it is something that must fall on the manager.

Neil, to be fair your right the last few games have been like watch Harris football, BUT the amount of players we have had injured since Mick went on a great run has hurt us badly.

I will be backing Mick next season and I do hope we go
Back to playing like we did in February :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: