Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: “ WHY ?????? ?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:Why? Is McCarthy persevering with Ralls, absolutely woeful, no contribution whatsoever to the game?
Why? Is McCarthy not playing the youngsters?

why do you think the youngsters are in some cases ..good enough...in others ready...
every single year we release a raft of young men who generally dont make the grade anywhere else so i proper do not understand where all this is coming from....what makes people think this year is the golden generation ? its not even like they are a good under 23s team ?

Bagan, sang and brown have come in and done a pretty good job. How do you know colwill or Davies etc cant do the same? We hit so many long balls for Moore to chase, its no wonder he has been run into the ground in recent weeks. Surely watters or Harris could provide that energy in the last 15mins of games and give Moore some rest.

how do i know ??????????? ....i do not know..im not at training..ive not managed at this level...ive not given over a hundred players their league debuts. i trust the experts and sorry but you are not one.... and no other clubs do not just think an under 23 player made a debut and was ok so therefore all the under 23s must be ok let alone all this stuff about pace and creativity ..you do not know , youve only seen them in under 23 games which tbh is a long way short of championship level...
just another stick to hit the manager with....

I dont think even the most naive of football fans thinks just because one player has done well it means every player will. You dont need that to happen either, you just need a few to complement the squad. Obviously there is a difference between u23 and the Championship but until these lads are given decent minutes we won't know how good they are or if they are ready. Id rather bleed a few in now when we have nothing to play for than try do it at the start of next season. At least we get an idea of where we stand and where we need to recruit over the summer.

The manager cristism thing is getting boring. You beat Harris with every stick available at the earliest opportunity. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is rosey or pretend to like something that I dont. Mick, deservedly, received a lot of praise when he go here and took us on that run. Now we've won 1 game in 8 and last night was the first decent performance in like 10 games. I've got nothing against mick, I want him to do well, as I have with every manager. But If he is going to receive praise when its going good then he should expect to be critised when it isn't.

until these lads are given decent minutes....any idea how many players pass through clubs under 23s every year that do not make it ?
how many have passed through our academy alone without decent minutes. it doednt take a run of first team games to figure out their level going forward...it takes people with knowledge and experience...
boring ..yes it is .... its complain for complain sake.....you do not take training , do not know these boys , have just latched onto something
at least we get an idea ? im sure our manager.,..you know the fella in charge has a good idea himself ..as he does when he goes to watch players to possibly recruit...or do you think WE should all go along with him ? ..

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:30 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:Why? Is McCarthy persevering with Ralls, absolutely woeful, no contribution whatsoever to the game?

why do you think the youngsters are in some cases ..good enough...in others ready...
every single year we release a raft of young men who generally dont make the grade anywhere else so i proper do not understand where all this is coming from....what makes people think this year is the golden generation ? its not even like they are a good under 23s team ?

Bagan, sang and brown have come in and done a pretty good job. How do you know colwill or Davies etc cant do the same? We hit so many long balls for Moore to chase, its no wonder he has been run into the ground in recent weeks. Surely watters or Harris could provide that energy in the last 15mins of games and give Moore some rest.

how do i know ??????????? ....i do not know..im not at training..ive not managed at this level...ive not given over a hundred players their league debuts. i trust the experts and sorry but you are not one.... and no other clubs do not just think an under 23 player made a debut and was ok so therefore all the under 23s must be ok let alone all this stuff about pace and creativity ..you do not know , youve only seen them in under 23 games which tbh is a long way short of championship level...

I dont think even the most naive of football fans thinks just because one player has done well it means every player will. You dont need that to happen either, you just need a few to complement the squad. Obviously there is a difference between u23 and the Championship but until these lads are given decent minutes we won't know how good they are or if they are ready. Id rather bleed a few in now when we have nothing to play for than try do it at the start of next season. At least we get an idea of where we stand and where we need to recruit over the summer.

The manager cristism thing is getting boring. You beat Harris with every stick available at the earliest opportunity. I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is rosey or pretend to like something that I dont. Mick, deservedly, received a lot of praise when he go here and took us on that run. Now we've won 1 game in 8 and last night was the first decent performance in like 10 games. I've got nothing against mick, I want him to do well, as I have with every manager. But If he is going to receive praise when its going good then he should expect to be critised when it isn't.

until these lads are given decent minutes....any idea how many players pass through clubs under 23s every year that do not make it ?
how many have passed through our academy alone without decent minutes. it doednt take a run of first team games to figure out their level going forward...it takes people with knowledge and experience...
boring ..yes it is .... its complain for complain sake.....you do not take training , do not know these boys , have just latched onto something
at least we get an idea ? im sure our manager.,..you know the fella in charge has a good idea himself ..as he does when he goes to watch players to possibly recruit...or do you think WE should all go along with him ? ..

Personally I think The CCFC Committee have deliberately exagerated how good they all are and are using Glen Williams to put it out and the reason why was to not spend this season and even more next season.

There are a couple of good players there, but over all they have struggled in a league which contains mainly League 1 & 2 teams.

If they were as good as we are being told then quite a few would be playing regular games already.

I watch all U18's & U23 games and they have played some good football, but struggled also against lower league clubs.

I really hope I am proved wrong and was hoping that would happen if they had been played lately, only 3 games left now.

Remember Sang is not a Cardiff City Academy player and I the jury is still out for me.

Ciaron Brown also not a Cardiff City Academy player but I dont rate him as a regular Championship player, in there now as we have so many injuries.

Getting a bit late now to play the 17,18 & 19 year olds as games are running out, so we wont really know if they are Championship standard.

Rem we want a promotion squad next season, the last two seasons we have been there or there abouts but not really a promotion team.

Bagan for me looked the best out of the three sadly is out injured and would of loved to have seen more of him.

I am a massive fan of bringing local players through and I miss the days of Ledley,Ramsey,Gunter, Matthews etc etc :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:14 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

This is a football forum to discuss opinions you tart. If we could only discuss things we have an actual personal involvement in/knowledge of there would be f**k all to talk about on here. How many people on this forum have an actually involvement in the running of the club? Not many, yet we get pages of opinions on countless topics. If I think youth players deserve to be given a run to see if there is a chance they could make the step up, particular as our manager mentions them in every interview and we have nothing to play for, then I will. Thats the point of the forum. I'll give credit when it's due, as I did with last night's performance, and I'll criticise when I feel there is a need. which there has been plenty to criticise given our recent form and performances.

Pretty much Every player in the prem and efl started off in an academy and at some point the manager gave them a chance. Most dont make it but plenty do, clearly, or there wouldn't be any pro players. Just because we havnt produced anyone in recent years doesn't mean we will never produce anyone again.

I'm of the opinion that the 'fella' in charge would rather not play any youth players unless he has to. Its the reason Moore has been run into the ground.

I say 'we' as Cardiff are my club. Like I'd say 'we' are playing... we signed...we won... or can we only say that if we are actually involved?

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:42 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

This is a football forum to discuss opinions you tart. If we could only discuss things we have an actual personal involvement in/knowledge of there would be f**k all to talk about on here. How many people on this forum have an actually involvement in the running of the club? Not many, yet we get pages of opinions on countless topics. If I think youth players deserve to be given a run to see if there is a chance they could make the step up, particular as our manager mentions them in every interview and we have nothing to play for, then I will. Thats the point of the forum. I'll give credit when it's due, as I did with last night's performance, and I'll criticise when I feel there is a need. which there has been plenty to criticise given our recent form and performances.

Pretty much Every player in the prem and efl started off in an academy and at some point the manager gave them a chance. Most dont make it but plenty do, clearly, or there wouldn't be any pro players. Just because we havnt produced anyone in recent years doesn't mean we will never produce anyone again.

I'm of the opinion that the 'fella' in charge would rather not play any youth players unless he has to. Its the reason Moore has been run into the ground.

I say 'we' as Cardiff are my club. Like I'd say 'we' are playing... we signed...we won... or can we only say that if we are actually involved?

well i think that if your going to make statements that imply the manager is not playing youth on any basis other than ability or being ready you should back it up....this is not making a case for a different system..or murphy starting instead of ojo etc...these are players whose ability or level of ability exist in that head of yours....you do not know but think they should have a go anyway :?
no idea what point your trying to make about managers giving youth a go.... you seem to have missed the bit where its only a very small percentage of the most promising that actually progress to this point
tart... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:55 pm

The reason why is simple.

There’s no games that don’t matter to a manager so he’ll pick what he deems to be his strongest side as it’s very important for him to finish 7th instead of 10th or 14th instead of 15th for example.

There’s little to no chance he’ll throw 3 or 4 - 17, 18 or 19yr olds in the side.

I’d like to see 1 or 2 get 20 minutes here and there though.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:14 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:The reason why is simple.

There’s no games that don’t matter to a manager so he’ll pick what he deems to be his strongest side as it’s very important for him to finish 7th instead of 10th or 14th instead of 15th for example.

There’s little to no chance he’ll throw 3 or 4 - 17, 18 or 19yr olds in the side.

Paul,

We need to know if our youngsters are really that good?
As apparently the CCFC Committee expects quite a few to be part of out first team squad next season.
If they are really that good then we would not be weakening our team .

Plus Max Watters ? Kieffer Moore now looks like he needs a month of and might be even injured.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:29 pm

It was not a nothing game. City should always put out their best and most appropriate team for each game. That was borne out by the performance and result.
The manager is paid to decide the team. He decided what he thought was best and like as against Reading it should have resulted in 3 points.
There would have been no point in chucking in youngsters for the sake of it. It may have backfired if some of them were out of their depth; the last thing we want is another mauling like we got at Wednesday.
McCarthy is still working out his best team and formation, injuries aside.
Brentford like Reading are in the top 7 for a reason. City needed their most effective available team to counter them. They did that and more.
Personally I hope next season we don’t see Pack, Vaulks or Bacuna but better more experienced players and some of the youngsters but they need to be bedded in.
We all want to see some of the young lads given a full game; that may be on Saturday or v Rotherham if they’re both down.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:12 pm

Danny Says wrote:It was not a nothing game. City should always put out their best and most appropriate team for each game. That was borne out by the performance and result.
The manager is paid to decide the team. He decided what he thought was best and like as against Reading it should have resulted in 3 points.
There would have been no point in chucking in youngsters for the sake of it. It may have backfired if some of them were out of their depth; the last thing we want is another mauling like we got at Wednesday.
Brentford like Reading are in the top 7 for a reason. City needed their most effective available team to counter them. They did that and more.
Personally I hope next season we don’t see Pack, Vaulks or Bacuna but better more experienced players and some of the youngsters but they need to be bedded in.
We all want to see some of the young lads given a full game; that may be on Saturday or v Rotherham if they’re both down.

Danny says:
It was not a nothing game. City should always put out their best and most appropriate team for each game.

So going by your words not mine then All games are not a nothing game.
So why do the next games mean we can play them in?

I said that these games are the games that are the ones we can see if 2 or 3 of our 17,18 & 19 years olds can play in as there is NO pressure on the game.

We had nothing to play for I mean promotion / relegation, but of course you try to win every game, but these games there was NO pressure to win them.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Annis , could it be because of money paid out based on final league position , that is stopping him blooding the youngsters? Steve

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Be great to see a couple of them :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:38 pm

undybluebird wrote:Annis , could it be because of money paid out based on final league position , that is stopping him blooding the youngsters? Steve

Good to hear from you Steve,

Well on current form and points gained we have been sliding 8pts from 27pts.

I am not sure if in the Championship you get the money prizes like the Premier League does for positions.

You earn it by getting on Sky more.

But Tan was insistent that some these 17,18 & 19 year olds will be playing in our first team next season, so with NO pressure games we could have seen if they really are good enough.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:58 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:It was not a nothing game. City should always put out their best and most appropriate team for each game. That was borne out by the performance and result.

Danny says:
It was not a nothing game. City should always put out their best and most appropriate team for each game

So going by your words not mine then All games are not a nothing game.
So why do the next games mean we can play them in?

Yes, each game has to be looked at on its own merits. If Wycombe or Rotherham are down then McCarthy could decide its apposite to pick a team he reckons would do the best in that game - and if that includes some youngsters then that would be good to see. My point was I didn’t see making changes for changes sake last night was warranted. :bluebird:

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

well i think that if your going to make statements that imply the manager is not playing youth on any basis other than ability or being ready you should back it up....this is not making a case for a different system..or murphy starting instead of ojo etc...these are players whose ability or level of ability exist in that head of yours....you do not know but think they should have a go anyway :?
no idea what point your trying to make about managers giving youth a go.... you seem to have missed the bit where its only a very small percentage of the most promising that actually progress to this point
tart... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know only a small percentage of players make it, but players do make it. At some point every pro made the step up to the first team. The club should be doing all they can to push for that. Im not the only person who wants to see a few of them play (check the poll on the other thread) to see if any are good enough. Weve got a fair amount of players leaving at the end of the season and it doesn't sound like thers a lot of money available now. We might as well prepare for life without them when we've got nothing to play for. That's not based on something I've pulled out of nowhere either. Its based on micks comments, pro contracts signed, watters scoring 16 in 19, u23 performances etc. Lets see if they live up to the hype.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:46 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:The reason why is simple.

there are no competitive games that do not matter to anyone that is involved or cares....not just managers...
ive not come across it until on here in 50 years ..not at any level..
and thank god Garry Monk has more integrity and respect for the game than what i am reading on here....
if a youngster has impressed and the manager feels he has earned his chance of course..
but that is not what is being suggested ....

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm

None of these youngsters will be good enough or ready for a championship season, even the bench.

For their development they need a season long loan to learn and from this we'll find out how good they are. We won't find out from 20 mins at the end of the season games.

If any are ready to start in the championship next year there'll be bought by a premier league club next summer, its just the way it goes.

Brown is not a championship starter, nor is Sang. They are doing a job, but through our parental rose tinted glasses we think they are.

I can see a reason for Watters starting a game, he is at least L2 standard and scored goals. Its a big jump but not as much as U23. Does Junior get a swansong, it's a shame we can't say "cheers mate" in the stadium.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:08 am

llan bluebird wrote:None of these youngsters will be good enough or ready for a championship season, even the bench.

For their development they need a season long loan to learn and from this we'll find out how good they are. We won't find out from 20 mins at the end of the season games.

If any are ready to start in the championship next year there'll be bought by a premier league club next summer, its just the way it goes.

Brown is not a championship starter, nor is Sang. They are doing a job, but through our parental rose tinted glasses we think they are.

I can see a reason for Watters starting a game, he is at least L2 standard and scored goals. Its a big jump but not as much as U23. Does Junior get a swansong, it's a shame we can't say "cheers mate" in the stadium.

So you really have virtually the same view as me and that’s why I wanted to see them play now with No pressure on the games , next season they will be expected to be a Championship player without any real experience.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
undybluebird wrote:Annis , could it be because of money paid out based on final league position , that is stopping him blooding the youngsters? Steve

I am not sure if in the Championship you get the money prizes like the Premier League does for positions.

But Tan was insistent that some these 17,18 & 19 year olds will be playing in our first team next season, so with NO pressure games we could have seen if they really are good enough.

The ups and downs of watching the City, I watched the Brentford game and though we played fairly ok I wondered how the hell are we in the position we are with the likes of Pack, Bacuna, Flint, Vaulks and dare I say it Nelson in the team.

Now before all they nay sayers jump on me, what teams of those above us would any of those players get in? I love Kieffer but he seems to be out on the wings more than in the centre? Are the youngsters good enough, play them lets find out and if we lost 6-0 we would say why the F we playing them.

Transfer embargo...no news its been lifted yet....WHY?, how long do they want to pay it, get it paid ffs.

Next season.....All aboard the City train :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:18 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The ups and downs of watching the City, I watched the Brentford game and though we played fairly ok I wondered how the hell are we in the position we are with the likes of Pack, Bacuna, Flint, Vaulks and dare I say it Nelson in the team.

Now before all they nay sayers jump on me, what teams of those above us would any of those players get in? I love Kieffer but he seems to be out on the wings more than in the centre? Are the youngsters good enough, play them lets find out and if we lost 6-0 we would say why the F we playing them.

Transfer embargo...no news its been lifted yet....WHY?, how long do they want to pay it, get it paid ffs.

Transfer embargo not lifted yet.

I dont rate many of the Championship clubs this season, I thought it was very weak.

Norwich deserved to runaway with it as they kept the majority of their Prem team & strengthened , Cardiff never did when we got relegated.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I dont rate many of the Championship clubs this season, I thought it was very weak.

I agree, and tbh can see the Blades bouncing straight back up next year

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:24 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree :thumbright:

Norwich deserved to runaway with it as they kept the majority of their Prem team & strengthened , Cardiff never did when we got relegated.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It was a bit of a weird season due to the shortness of the closed season. Many clubs just didn't have the time to do any business so they kept their better player.
Norwich rebuilt due to the sales of Madison and Josh but they do appear to have a conveyor belt of talent

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It was a bit of a weird season due to the shortness of the closed season. Many clubs just didn't have the time to do any business so they kept their better player.
Norwich rebuilt due to the sales of Madison and Josh but they do appear to have a conveyor belt of talent

Fair enough, but fair play to them they have deserved to go straight back up :thumbright:

We should of done something similar two years ago.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:03 am

Keiron Evans and Isaak Davies got the goals last night away at Nottingham Forest U23’s - both of them deserve to have some first team football to see how good they really are :bluebird: :bluebird: